Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, Foosters said:

Until they pack SCOTUS, nothing matters. Dems can control 2/3 of the gov't, but until the justices are replaced or watered down, every single gun law written by a dem controlled legislature will be struck down. 

I’m under no illusion about how hard it will be to reduce gun idolatry in this country. Democratic presidents will be forced into glory by those of us who won’t allow them to be bullied by gun lovers and the gun lobby. We should view this mission as an act of love toward this country .

6 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Well come on now, let’s not get ridiculous and infringe one someone’s constitutional rights!

Particularly not the rights of a minor who was worrisome enough to be known to the FBI at age 13. Who amongst us, right? 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Securing their firearms from improper use is the obligation of every gun owner and I am 100% comfortable with civil and criminal penalties for those whose irresponsibility leads to mayhem and death.

Yeah, it's time we start coming down hard on the parents of these teens who don't secure their firearms. If my kid was investigated by the FBI for a school threat, I'd probably not store any firearms in my house. Gun safes don't work. The Sandy Hook shooter killed his mom and broke into her gun safe to get the guns he used to murder 1st graders. This dad needs to be charged with something. Of course, he won't in Georgia because you can do pretty much anything you want with guns there thanks to Gov. Kemp. If I were a family member of the deceased, I would sue that father into oblivion. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Fuck that. Purchasing a gun should come with the implied agreement that it will not come into anyone else’s hands.
If you are worried that you cannot hold up this end of the bargain, then you shouldn’t buy a gun.

Yep. Take the agreement from implied to explictly stated (via law), is what I think myself and others are saying, though.

For my part, a 1,000 pound gun safe where only I know how to unlock it and in my home office, not even my wife if you can believe that or not. And I don't have any crazy AR-15 like guns, but basic dove hunting shotguns and a little pistola.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Great job parents, great job LE!

I see the "great job, LE!" and the numerous psycho MAGAs saying this is proof that the FBI is actually in on the conspiracy (I guess the Dems are behind all the school shootings in their world).  Cool, cool.

Here's my question: what action -- provided/allowed by law -- should the FBI have taken in this instance?

I think we'd all agree -- especially the nutbar MAGA 2nd Amendment types -- that the FBI can't arrest you and toss you in a hole forever simply because you are suspected of making some threatening remarks and there happen to be firearms in your household.  We -- and again, ESPECIALLY the nutbar MAGA 2nd Amendment types -- have made sure that we will never have ANY laws (like red flag laws) that would allow law enforcement and the courts to take any meaningful preventative action in these cases.  So, tell me....1) what should law enforcement have done, and 2) if you realize the truth that they did all they were legally empowered to do, what changes to the law would you make that would have altered this outcome (and control for "changes that would have been allowed by the 2nd amendment nutbars who can stop all gun legislation by using Bruen"). 

Go ahead, we have a whole board here, with no word limit per post.  Share your thoughts.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 3

Well, I'm sure Georgia will throw tons of money to improve mental health options for teenage students in that state. Or they'll do nothing because that's what Republican administrations do. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

24 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, I'm sure Georgia will throw tons of money to improve mental health options for teenage students in that state. Or they'll do nothing because that's what Republican administrations do. 

Wish in one hand, shit in the other.  Until last year, when he died, the House Speaker Ralston, an attorney, was actively shielding his defense clients, to include those charged with sex offenses against children, by using his Speaker status an scheduling inability.  

I wish I could tell you that I was making this up, but its true.  

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Perfect. 

Then he should go to prison. This is the same stupid shit the mother of the Sandy Hook shooter did. My kid is screwed up, I'm going to take him to a shooting range. If my kid showed aggressive tendencies and psychopathic behavior when I was teaching her how to drive, I'm not buying her a car. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

52 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Not according to [mention=7107]BamaATL[/mention]

Also, pulled this off a friend’s wall. No link. If accurate, the parent(s) are fucked.

3e0489b3ba66def9ed55de7faa1b3fe9.jpg

BONUS FREEDOM: this child who, along with his victims, was failed by every adult and authority figure he encountered, he will be tried as an adult and eligible for the death penalty. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

You mislabeled this -- those are FREEDOM TEXTS!  The "mommy I'm scared" is how you know the freedom is freedoming!

47 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This.  "It's not guns!  It's mental health!"  Okay, so...will y'all help out by making mental healthcare more accessible, and by maybe limiting access to firearms for people who have been adjudicated to be mentally unfit after being provided due process?  No?  You won't allow ANYTHING to happen in that respect?  Ok then.

44 minutes ago, Satchel said:

What kind of country would acknowledge a mental health crisis within it while at the same time doing everything in its power to ensure mentally unwell people have virtually unfettered access o guns?

A bad one? Meaning....this one?  What do I win?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

This country is beyond fucked up when dipshit parents think of AR-15s as presents that you buy for kids.

In no other country on Earth would this be anywhere near normal. 

Just following our leaders lead.

OXUU3RSEIJJYRDXUWTHAHVTGK4.jpg

• Rage+1 7

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Perfect. 

One source told CNN the AR-15-style rifle was purchased at a local gun store as a Christmas present. The timeline the teen’s father provided to authorities would put the gun purchase months after authorities first contacted Gray and his family to investigate school shooting threats made online.

Just fucking wow. Did the dad want him to shoot up the school? The fuck?