Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

13 minutes ago, Covri said:

Just fucking wow. Did the dad want him to shoot up the school? The fuck?

Our country has a sickness when it comes to guns. We're so horny for them that we lose common sense about them. Look at the stupid family Christmas photo that was posted. In what world is that the message you want to send out to others around the time you're celebrating the birth of Christ?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well, I'm sure Georgia will throw tons of money to improve mental health options for teenage students in that state. Or they'll do nothing because that's what Republican administrations do. 

Listen man, we've been doing nothing  for 30 years. Its gotta start working sometime, right? I know....lets put our best God on it.

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Wish in one hand, shit in the other.  Until last year, when he died, the House Speaker Ralston, an attorney, was actively shielding his defense clients, to include those charged with sex offenses against children, by using his Speaker status an scheduling inability.  

I wish I could tell you that I was making this up, but its true.  

~ all part of the Game ~

14 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

FUCK YOU doesn't even come close

A school fucking resource officer, a good guy with a gun, was on the scene and the shooter immediately gave up. What more "better security" is needed? And what money are Republican cunts like Vance willing to put towards it? Federal fucking dollars so every school is protected. These are the same fucks that want to gut the Department of Education. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

A school fucking resource officer, a good guy with a gun, was on the scene and the shooter immediately gave up. What more "better security" is needed? And what money are Republican cunts like Vance willing to put towards it? Federal fucking dollars so every school is protected. These are the same fucks that want to gut the Department of Education. 

The new Department of Life under Trump will handle it.  

There need to be more mass shootings at evangelical churches and meetings of politicians if anything is going to change. Sad and disgusting but true. They're such cowards that they care less about their and others' children than about themselves. Make them think they are at a reasonable risk of getting killed and they'll start thinking about doing something. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

imagine saying this and believing that you deserve to lead the country. if this isn't an issue you can improve upon, what is?

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

This country is beyond fucked up when dipshit parents think of AR-15s as presents that you buy for kids.

In no other country on Earth would this be anywhere near normal. 

Not just any kid, one who has been singled out as a possible spree shooter.  I mean Jesus tittyfucking Christ.  The father should be eligible for the death penalty.  And I'm against the death penalty. 

The “fact of life” quip is drawing headlines. I am almost more disturbed that Vance describes a 14 year old as a “psycho” and implies that he understands the concept of a “soft target.”  This is the same party that pretends that better mental health care is the answer. 

• Rage+1 1

Soft target? There was a good guy with a gun protecting the school. Again, I want specifics of how these weird fucking ghouls expect to secure these "soft targets". I want them to express how much money they're willing to have the federal government spend and where it's coming from? Congress, executive order, Department of Education? I want to know where they're getting more of the good guys with guns who will make sure to immediately put down any threat to students? Ex or active military? Active law enforcement? I'm tired of these bullshit generalities so they can act like they're doing something about it by simply bringing up their "solutions". Give us your bulletpointed list of what you're actually going to do. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Texags and large chunks of the south: This wouldn’t happen if we didn’t have mental health problems, people drifting away from God, black people, and gang violence!

Also Texags: Why wasn’t anyone upset when Trump got shot? When are they going to lock up the shooter’s dad?

Other countries with mental health problems, non-Christians, and minorities: Our kids are safe.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not just any kid, one who has been singled out as a possible spree shooter.  I mean Jesus tittyfucking Christ.  The father should be eligible for the death penalty.  And I'm against the death penalty. 

Father deserves it more than a clearly fucked up kid who was given a fucking weapon of war for Xmas. The kid never stood a chance.

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Vance is correct.  School shootings are a fact of life.

The question is, what will we do about them?

Well, the Republican plan will be to bring in an expert, like Wayne LaPierre.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Imagine if what is going on here happened in Iran, for example. 

Iranian politicians running ads with their partner and children all proudly holding automatic weapons. Vigorously defending their gun rights while Iranian children get mowed down in schools by other Iranian students on a consistent basis.

You know exactly what Republicans and MAGA would call the Iranian people. "Animals."

People on the right have completely lost the plot. I don't know what can be done. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

There need to be more mass shootings at evangelical churches and meetings of politicians if anything is going to change. Sad and disgusting but true. They're such cowards that they care less about their and others' children than about themselves. Make them think they are at a reasonable risk of getting killed and they'll start thinking about doing something. 

Their dear leader was nearly assassinated (but they still want their guns)

22 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Imagine if what is going on here happened in Iran, for example. 

Iranian politicians running ads with their partner and children all proudly holding automatic weapons. Vigorously defending their gun rights while Iranian children get mowed down in schools by other Iranian students on a consistent basis.

You know exactly what Republicans and MAGA would call the Iranian people. "Animals."

People on the right have completely lost the plot. I don't know what can be done. 

Well, for one, we could start interpreting the Constitution as originalists and quickly determine that the 2nd amendment doesn't give people the right to bare arms, but rather militias (what constitutes a militia allowed to do so would make a compelling legal question, but I digress).  I'm just fucking certain the current originalists on the court will stay consistent on their originalist beliefs.  

Back in reality, we have to win elections, over and over and over.  We have to force compromise with the gun nuts.  This isn't going to be easy, and it's going to be a very long fight.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

He should have completed his sentence: “school shootings are a fact of life, about which I am fully committed to doing absolutely nothing.”

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Well, for one, we could start interpreting the Constitution as originalists and quickly determine that the 2nd amendment doesn't give people the right to bare arms, but rather militias (what constitutes a militia allowed to do so would make a compelling legal question, but I digress).  I'm just fucking certain the current originalists on the court will stay consistent on their originalist beliefs.  

Back in reality, we have to win elections, over and over and over.  We have to force compromise with the gun nuts.  This isn't going to be easy, and it's going to be a very long fight.  

Again, this is incorrect. The second amendment as written does not require militia membership to bear arms. That's not how English works or worked then.

The real originalist argument would be that the second amendment guarantees the right to own flintlock pistols and muskets. That's what the founders understood arms to be when the amendment was written.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

We need a whole lot of black and brown people to start carrying military grade rifles around in public as is their right. It would help if some of the brown men wore turbans. The problem is that these citizens know better and that if they were to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights the way white right-wing gun nuts like to, they’d be likely to wind up getting shot by the police. 

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

We’ll focus 100% on no longer manufacturing and importing the class of weapons used 2/3s of the time in 3% of annual gun deaths, while others will focus 100% on continuing to manufacture and import the the class of weapons used 2/3s of the time in 3% of annual gun deaths. Both groups will wave their arms furiously and make many mouth noises until we all forget about it, which should be by Monday.

Fuck getting a teenager some help though, right? 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

We’ll focus 100% on no longer manufacturing and importing the class of weapons used 2/3s of the time in 3% of annual gun deaths, while others will focus 100% on continuing to manufacture and import the the class of weapons used 2/3s of the time in 3% of annual gun deaths. Both groups will wave their arms furiously and make many mouth noises until we all forget about it, which should be by Monday.

Fuck getting a teenager some help though, right? 

While I don't align with you on assault weapons, I'm 100% with you on mental health.

The most infuriating thing about this is that time and again it seems we knew the perpetrator was struggling, but did nothing to help out.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

While I don't align with you on assault weapons, I'm 100% with you on mental health.

The most infuriating thing about this is that time and again it seems we knew the perpetrator was struggling, but did nothing to help out.

I know, it’s almost like there’s a predictable pattern here and we’ve allowed the politics of the issue to focus on a frequent detail of that pattern rather  than opportunities to interrupt the pattern.

To be clear here: there is nothing about the manufacture and importation of AR-15’s that would interrupt the pattern at work in mass shootings. It’s a discourse that consumes a great deal of political capital, saves no lives and prevents nothing. At some point we have to recognize that the function of that discourse is to propel our political dynamic and channel effort away from action. Any benefit or harm it does is incidental.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Again, this is incorrect. The second amendment as written does not require militia membership to bear arms. That's not how English works or worked then.
The real originalist argument would be that the second amendment guarantees the right to own flintlock pistols and muskets. That's what the founders understood arms to be when the amendment was written.

I disagree as did the framers. they believed well-trained and properly armed citizen militias were vital to defend against “natives, armed factions, and foreign invaders”. They’d even store arms and powder in an armory.

They were reacting to king restrictions against armed militias. Kings were wanting to control regions and allow arms to only the ones they trusted.

Other facts of the day:

>A citizen who refused to serve in a militia would have no gun rights.
>the constitution codifies calling up militias against armed insurrections (dispels the notion that they intended citizen arms to intimidate their politicians)
  • Hook 'Em 2

Dad charged with second degree murder.

https://wapo.st/47huFjF

Interesting quote

Before Thursday’s announcement, the teen’s grandfather, Charles Polhamus, said he wanted Colin Gray charged along with his son.

“If he didn’t have a damn gun,” Polhamus said, “he wouldn’t have gone and killed anybody.”

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

He just threw a batting practice fastball.

When gun control comes up in the debate, Kamala should say something like, "You know, my opponent's running mate finally said something that was true.  School shootings are a fact of life.  But they're only a fact of life HERE.  Why is that?  And don't try to pin it on mental illness, because there are mentally ill people in England, and Japan, and Australia, and this doesn't happen there.  No, the 70% of Americans who want assault weapons banned know why it's only 'a fact of life' here.  And I'm going to work to make sure that the majority gets what it wants, the way it's supposed to work in a democracy.  Because unlike my opponents, I care more about this nation's children than I do about money from the NRA."

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The “fact of life” quip is drawing headlines. I am almost more disturbed that Vance describes a 14 year old as a “psycho” and implies that he understands the concept of a “soft target.”  This is the same party that pretends that better mental health care is the answer. 

Ya take the good, ya take the bad, but realize we are mad, about the facts of life the facts of life.  When an ar15 is emptied in a school, cause the governors a tool, well its plain to see, drag queens and books are not harming thee,  but someone's got to go pew pew, and imagine they're cool, the facts of life are all about you.  Fuck them kids.  The facts of life are all about YOU. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I always go back to the stock reaction by the right after Sandy Hook was "Obama better not try to take our guns away". That's when I knew people valued guns over everything else in our society. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I always go back to the stock reaction by the right after Sandy Hook was "Obama better not try to take our guns away". That's when I knew people valued guns over everything else in our society. 

The pavlovian conditioning by right-wing propaganda for 20 years worked.  This was the point of the fear-mongering to protect a single industry over the welfare of society.   This is the way.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Like clockwork

Interestingly, I heard last night that in his writings they found in his room, he was upset about the increased acceptance of trans people among other things.

Seeing his photo and knowing that, as well as hearing about what appears to be two horrific parents, it's an interesting dynamic.

A loving home and supportive family who was willing to get the mental help he needed would have likely prevented this. Instead, his dad gave him a gun.

I'm not going to speculate beyond that.

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If school shootings come up with my right leaning friends, I like to toss in that it appears that the cost of the unfettered 2nd amendment looks to be dead kids. I add that I feel for them sending their kids to schools these days.

I always say that if you want an unrestricted 2nd Amendment, it means that you care more about your big dick toys than you do about other people's kids making it home to dinner.  There's no rationalizing that fact away, so just own it.  Guns make you feel so powerful and safe that you're willing to live with the tiny chance that the worst happens to someone you know, and fuck everybody else.

This is an unwell country.  And I'm afraid we're still in the early days of the illness.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Typo in that dumbass's post.  That gives me a real "Trans Am" vibe.  Think of how much better we'd all be had his dad given him a vintage Trans Am and a Dio CD instead of an AR.

sgwcd20mwbc61.jpg

That ride just looks like it should be barring "Holy Diver" on repeat, sort of as a feature of the vehicle.  

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What will we do about them?  We will do what any great politician with a shred of backbone will do.  We'll ignore the bodies and calls for change while accepting special interest money to protect the gun market.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I always say that if you want an unrestricted 2nd Amendment, it means that you care more about your big dick toys than you do about other people's kids making it home to dinner.  There's no rationalizing that fact away, so just own it.  Guns make you feel so powerful and safe that you're willing to live with the tiny chance that the worst happens to someone you know, and fuck everybody else.

This is an unwell country.  And I'm afraid we're still in the early days of the illness.

These gun nuts are mostly pussies that are terrified of their own shadows.  They are scared, small minded people.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Don't forget the "argument" that gun nuts and Republicans try to make in these situations. 

If future AR-15 sales were banned, this kid could have "easily" purchased this weapon illegally. This 14 year old boy could have found an illegal arms dealer who would have sold him an AR-15. He could have rode his bike into some sketchy area, and met with an older stranger that would happily sell a weapon of war to an adolescent, for an amount of cash that the kid would obviously be able to afford. These transactions are pleasant and safe, and nothing would stop a child from trying to obtain one. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I believe something like 70-80% of the country supports putting more restrictions and guardrails in place when it comes to the guns/firearms.  The challenge is that the fringe group of psychos have become the dominant voice being backed by industry and a corrupt lobby which is funded and manipulated by foreign actors whom are gleeful at the thoughts of more mass shootings and political instability.    Unfortunately, our limpdick approach to dealing with foreign agents and their co-conspirators makes this prospect more inviting.   

We need a certification process for defining what is NEWS and what is just propaganda entertainment and we need to hold platforms accountable for the passive spread of disinformation.   Maybe cutting off access to certain regions and/or levying sanctions would be a fucking start.   

• Hook 'Em 1