• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Longboard Horn

• Randolph Duke

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 hours ago, BigDSteve said:

Stanford and Harvard do not offer any academic scholarships. Purely need based. Cool story, though!

Took 2 seconds to Google this: "Stanford University offers athletic scholarships for student-athletes in NCAA Division I, NCAA Division II, NAIA, and NJCAA. On average, 34% of student-athletes receive athletic scholarships, and full scholarships cover the full cost of room and board."

13 hours ago, BigDSteve said:

Stanford and Harvard do not offer any academic scholarships. Purely need based. Cool story, though!

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

Took 2 seconds to Google this: "Stanford University offers athletic scholarships for student-athletes in NCAA Division I, NCAA Division II, NAIA, and NJCAA. On average, 34% of student-athletes receive athletic scholarships, and full scholarships cover the full cost of room and board."

Read is hard 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

15 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

My buddies kid had scholarships offers for academics from Stanford, Harvard, etc, and is going to A&M….  Smh. Her mom went to A&M but come on, such a waste.  

Sounds like Stanford, Harvard, etc. need to work on their vetting processes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

There are several Aggies (not aggy) in my extended family, and none are not at all tightly wrapped like that numbnut. 
No whoops from them ever, no saw-em-off crap, not even a yeehaw. 
It helps that they are either married to a Longhorn family member or their daddy & momma are UT grads.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

438706710-292406383960277-83623980862794 

Surly Horns used to be all about changing the world. Now since @immamac brought in the consultants, it's all "more posts, more engagement, more posts, more engagement." First they cut my salary in half and eliminated my benefits. Now, my manager is a 24-year old, snot-nosed kid who uses buzzwords I don't even understand.   

@Dennis Taylor are you happy? Now, are you finally happy? 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Toxic.jpg

Shit. Guess my manager didn't appreciate this post. They just did an announcement on the office intercom and told me to shut-off my dial-up service, come to HR immediately and bring all the floppy and Syquest Discs with me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

438706710-292406383960277-83623980862794 

Surly Horns used to be all about changing the world. Now since @immamac brought in the consultants, it's all "more posts, more engagement, more posts, more engagement." First they cut my salary in half and eliminated my benefits. Now, my manager is a 24-year old, snot-nosed kid who uses buzzwords I don't even understand.   

Put that coffee down! Coffee's for closers only. You think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you! You see this watch? You see the watch I'm wearin'? This watch costs more than your car.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

Put that coffee down! Coffee's for closers only. You think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you! You see this watch? You see the watch I'm wearin'? This watch costs more than your car.

Funny true story: I used to work in NY at an ad agency with a copywriter who had previously worked for David Mamet's company. Super-funny guy. He was tasked with writing the David Mamet office Christmas party invitation. He wrote it in the exact cadence and style of David Mamet's plays, with lots of repetition, short sentences, etc. David Mamet fired him the same day, haha.   

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Funny true story: I used to work in NY at an ad agency with a copywriter who had previously worked for David Mamet's company. Super-funny guy. He was tasked with writing the David Mamet office Christmas party invitation. He wrote it in the exact cadence and style of David Mamet's plays, with lots of repetition, short sentences, etc. David Mamet fired him the same day, haha.   

Apparently, Christmas party invitations are for closers, too.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I would but he’s definitely higher up the chain than I am. He’s a Harvard lawyer and I’m a peon. But I do beat his ass in the backyard playing rough house games and shit. We’ve both been married to sisters for over 30 years, so I let a lot go, but not purchasing/wearing a Fng aggy shirt!

Hookem!!!

Is his name Harvey Spectre?
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Well, what I have been dreading for so long has finally happened. As of today, I am no longer working at Surly Horns. 

I got called down to HR and my 24-year old, snotty-nosed boss was sitting there with a satisfied smirk on his face. He happily showed my post where I trashed the Surly working conditions. 

This hurts so bad because I was there from the very beginning. I even gave @immamac the idea to switch Surly Horns from an online restaurant supply store to a fan forum! 

Those were the good years. Our summer retreats were incredible. I used to be ON STAGE with Immamac when he shared his vision. The company was valued in the hundred of millions. Our new office was amazing. We had VC firms lined up at the door. 

Surly-Office-1.jpg

Then came 2020 and our stock tumbled. Then Immamac brought in that ^&#%^%#% consulting firm with some "genius" change agent and things started to sour. The free lunches were the first to go. Then overtime pay. Everyone was EXPECTED to work 60 hours a week. Then 70. Immamac sat in this office with the door closed, and we were no longer allowed to speak to him. ai was the final nail. Guess what? 70% of all the posts are ai-generated. Yeah, I just violated my NDA. Fuck them. 

Surly-Horns-ZOOM-Firing.jpg

I knew it was just a matter of time before they got me. I saw their comments on Slack, calling me "Treaty Old." These kids don't know sit about running a business. Now they're on CNBC talking about an  cash infusion from Blackrock and Softbank. Good luck with that. 

Goodbye, my friends. LMK if you need a fleshlight. 

3835616095932613298-1645691745-28-05-202

Too bad the standard severance package is only $350. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

can one derail a derailed train ? 

anywho, one fun thought i've been pondering lately is the very real possibility of schools like Tech / Kansas / Ok State going on a run this year and making the playoffs before A&M 

There will absolutely be at least one big 12 team that makes the playoffs (maybe more) this season while aggy sits at home finger poppin their assholes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

anywho, one fun thought i've been pondering lately is the very real possibility of schools like Tech / Kansas / Ok State going on a run this year and making the playoffs before A&M

with 12 this year and 14 next year it's likely to happen every year: someone will get in and aggy will attack and villify that school because reasons

at least it will give them something to pivot around between signing days that wont' involve us

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

There will absolutely be at least one big 12 team that makes the playoffs (maybe more) this season while aggy sits at home finger poppin their assholes

1.  I presume this is a group activity wherein an individual aggy is finger poppin the asshole of another aggy.  I operate on the assumption that an individual aggy is not smart enough or flexible enough to finger pop his or her own asshole.

2. Finger Poppin Assholes has good band name potential.  Is that what the Cherry Poppin Daddies are known as now?

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, ScottS said:

1.  I presume this is a group activity wherein an individual aggy is finger poppin the asshole of another aggy.  I operate on the assumption that an individual aggy is not smart enough or flexible enough to finger pop his or her own asshole.

You are so wrong. Fucking aggys can't get enough of sticking their fingers into their asses. It's like a kangaroo fetus instinctively knowing how to crawl into their mother's pouch. Give an aggy some moments to themselves and like clockwork, their fingers will find their hole and start exploring.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

14 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Then aggy will push to move back to the Big12 since they'll believe it would be a slam dunk for them to make the playoff. Much to nobody's surprise, they still wouldn't make the playoff. 

10 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

judy garland was 16 at the start of filming oz so i can't say what i'd like to say about those pigtails and that blueprint-blue plaid skirt

Derailification allowable here. PM Harvey Weinstein.

Posted (edited)

Since July is not too far off, is CDC going to put up a bunch of billboards around the SEC cities? 

Spelled Gainesville wrong for true aggy effect 

image.jpeg.cfdba3be382475c854b2c0f96be63889.jpeg

Edited by US183
  • Hook 'Em 1