• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Longboard Horn

• Randolph Duke

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

One really nice thing for us from that chart, along with Directors Cup standings, is what we do with all that revenue, and that is win championships, and contend.  In most or all cases better than the other top revenue schools.

image.thumb.png.3d3ebe52bbfd4438b4277359f51e7c94.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Two biggest surprises on that revenue list besides Aggy is Nebraska #6 and North Carolina #30. There was a time when at my suburban middle school in North Texas you could walk in and find hundreds of NC hats. Also a pretty big fumble that they don't own a chunk of Jordan

33 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Rutgers AD doing a bang-up job.  He should be next in line for aggy.

I really wish Trev would flame out super fast so we can get one last Sharp Special before he rides off into the gomer pastures.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

aggy always projects what they are on others.   

Spending lots of money on billboards to brag that an athletics program has 'the best academics' (Vanderbilt says hi) and the 'cleanest program.' You can't make this stuff up. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

45 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Spending lots of money on billboards to brag that an athletics program has 'the best academics' (Vanderbilt says hi) and the 'cleanest program.' You can't make this stuff up. 

Actually, you can make it up.  You know how I know that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

lol:

Harvey Schiller, the SEC commissioner from 1986 to 1989, told ESPN last month that Texas would have been part of the SEC's first wave of expansion, along with Arkansas, in 1992 had it not been for the Texas state legislature mandating that the SEC also add Texas A&M if it were to bring the Longhorns aboard...

Asked if Texas joining the SEC was a done deal had the politicians not gotten involved, Schiller said emphatically, "The answer is yes. The conference wanted it. Texas wanted it."

Schiller said the SEC wasn't as interested in Texas A&M at the time and that A&M officials also had some issues with a move to the SEC.

"Interestingly enough, Texas A&M ended up being the first of the two schools [in Texas] to join the SEC in 2012," Schiller said. "Now, some 30 years later, I guess they finally got it right."

I’ve never seen this, but how is it surprising? The SEC wanted the best brand in Texas but took the 2nd best brand to possibly lure the best brand. If they didn’t get Texas they grabbed a Texas school that helped with recruiting in the conference. Pretty smart.

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

image.png.1903b8098821c9d5e6044973dd801f5e.png

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahahhahahhahaha. Outstanding. 

Awkward Oh Boy GIF by Sara Dietschy

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Kinda like Trev admitting this... 😋 

Somebody needs to tell Trev that aggy is all about the 12th man, not the 9th man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Two biggest surprises on that revenue list besides Aggy is Nebraska #6 and North Carolina #30. There was a time when at my suburban middle school in North Texas you could walk in and find hundreds of NC hats. Also a pretty big fumble that they don't own a chunk of Jordan

Why exactly should they own a chunk of Jordan? 

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Why exactly should they own a chunk of Jordan? 

I mean as a brand they were pretty much synonymous with Jordan back in the 80s through 2000s. I just figured they would have been early investors in that deal and be raking in cash.

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

SFL.gif.c2727945060bed1f859b98e3d8636817.gif

Also noticed this gem. Good chance there will be a spike of broken finger cases at the local B/CS emergency ERs as aggy works through this new tradition. pass it back, ags!

image.png.9392c5d18263060436819a86521830bc.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Blotto said:

SFL.gif.c2727945060bed1f859b98e3d8636817.gif

Also noticed this gem. Good chance there will be a spike of broken finger cases at the local B/CS emergency ERs as aggy works through this new tradition. pass it back, ags!

image.png.9392c5d18263060436819a86521830bc.png

Yes proving we have rent free real estate is really going to ruin me day.

On 7/1/2024 at 8:23 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

Lolololol

IMG_0478.thumb.png.f6cadd5adc05d9238fdb223567798929.png

There is no way in hell that Texas would have joined the SEC back in 1992 "had the politicians not gotten involved".

We would have gone to the Big 10 or Pac 10, but definitely not the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, markstanco said:

That would be the funniest thing ever. Too bad their academic profile doesn’t quite align with BIG10. Would love to see this though. The more fan bases that can he exposed to these fucktards the better. 

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

That would be the funniest thing ever. Too bad their academic profile doesn’t quite align with BIG10. Would love to see this though. The more fan bases that can he exposed to these fucktards the better. 

And Nebraska's does?

• Hook 'Em 1

I absolutely can believe that the Ags want everyone to think they might scamper to the B1G, hoping that the SEC would start appreciating them more. 

And I can see an argument for the B1G wanting them, hoping to get the B1G carried in Texas (does that revenue model still work?) and opening up recruiting (this argument also applies to FSU). 

I just can’t see them really doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1