Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

39 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I think the stats are here...the author tends to be a bit verbose and I'm not going to read for details right now. 

https://aggypedia.com/aggypedia/texas-am-university/the-corps-of-cadets/

Thanks

“Those associated with Texas A&M University also unreservedly claim “During WWII, 14,123 Aggies served as officers, more than any other school and more than the combined total of the United States Naval Academy and the United States Military Academy.”[9]

According to Henry Dethloff, TAMU historian, the figure of 14,123 TAMU ‘alumni’ who served as officers is equally divided between those ‘alumni’ who were graduates and were then commissioned as reserve officers and those who dropped out and received commissions through other channels. Supposedly, the total number of TAMU ‘alumni’ who served in all branches in all ranks was 20,229.[10]

According to the Annapolis Special Collections librarian, the number of USNA graduates who served as officers during WWII is 12,976. The Association of Graduates at West Point reports 9,802 West Point graduates served as officers during WWII. Hence, the number of individuals from West Point and Annapolis combined who graduated and served as officers during WWII exceeds the total number of TAMU ‘alumni’ who served including those who graduated from A&M and served as officers as well as those who attended A&M for as little as a day and later served as enlisted personnel. The number of actual TAMU graduates who served as officers during WWII is far, far less than the number of graduates of Annapolis or the number of graduates of West Point who served as officers during the war.”

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

• Replies 76.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

23 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Thanks

“Those associated with Texas A&M University also unreservedly claim “During WWII, 14,123 Aggies served as officers, more than any other school and more than the combined total of the United States Naval Academy and the United States Military Academy.”[9]

According to Henry Dethloff, TAMU historian, the figure of 14,123 TAMU ‘alumni’ who served as officers is equally divided between those ‘alumni’ who were graduates and were then commissioned as reserve officers and those who dropped out and received commissions through other channels. Supposedly, the total number of TAMU ‘alumni’ who served in all branches in all ranks was 20,229.[10]

According to the Annapolis Special Collections librarian, the number of USNA graduates who served as officers during WWII is 12,976. The Association of Graduates at West Point reports 9,802 West Point graduates served as officers during WWII. Hence, the number of individuals from West Point and Annapolis combined who graduated and served as officers during WWII exceeds the total number of TAMU ‘alumni’ who served including those who graduated from A&M and served as officers as well as those who attended A&M for as little as a day and later served as enlisted personnel. The number of actual TAMU graduates who served as officers during WWII is far, far less than the number of graduates of Annapolis or the number of graduates of West Point who served as officers during the war.”

Community note that shit.

4 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I'd sooner believe the Big Ten would pick up Rice than Aggy. After all, Rice has the more recent national championship in a big 3 men's sport, by 3 quarters of a decade.

Hell, maybe they’ll pickup U of H or UTEP. Both have more national championships than aggy

19 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

they've show their ass to the rest of the league

they would be encouraged to walk for free, no buyout negotiations necessary

For all their fucktardedness, they do bring in revenue, they never win anything, and are no threat to win in the future.

Cutting them out would be like dropping the rich guy who doesn't understand poker out of your weekly poker game.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, nnm said:

The most egregious example of this is Horace Carswell, who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for an extraordinary bombing mission.  https://www.cmohs.org/recipients/horace-s-carswell-jr

Carswell attended TAMU one year, transferred and graduated from TCU, lettering in football on teams with Sammy Baugh and Davey O'Brien.  His family has had no association with TAMU.  Under no circumstances should Carswell be "claimed" by TAMU.  

TAMU claiming Carswell as one of their MOH awardees, and an "Aggie who served in WWII" is stolen valor, pure and simple.  It's outrageous and disgusting.  

You and @lilMAC25 are filling in admirably for RD in his absence. He'd be so proud.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, DFW Horn said:

You and @lilMAC25 are filling in admirably for RD in his absence. He'd be so proud.

The stolen valor thing with Carswell is simply revolting.  It triggers me every time.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Aggy uses aggy math to make this work.  First, "served" and "commissioned get conflated so that anyone who ever flunked out, or took a dump, or served a session at a glory hole at A&M can be counted.   90 day wonders trained near aggy, but they did not take academic classes or graduate from A&M...count 'em.

When they make the claim they like to count the number of academy graduates who graduated during whatever WWII time frame they use.  THEN they compare that to every "aggy" they can claim who ever served.  Meaning they count someone commissioned, or who flunked out of aggy in 1935 who was on active duty or called up...but they don't count the academy students the same way.

Also, they like to make these claims and then when you look at it you say...how would that work.   At their own propaganda site below at the top they have a picture with the following caption.  "The photo shows the class of 1941 being commissioned at Guion Hall.  More than 20,000 Aggies served in World War II.  Approximately 14,000 of them were officers, more than any other school, including military academies."

Then look at the picture.  Easy to count rows.  It is 8 x 11 so 88 commissioned officers from the aggy 1941 class.   88.    So how did you get to 14,000 from here?

https://myaggienation.com/history_traditions/corps_of_cadets/world-war-ii-aggies-make-their-mark/article_4b36a1fe-e348-11e2-8629-0019bb2963f4.html

That aggy claim should be classified as a form of “stolen valor”.

edited to add: Am late to the party again.

Edited by Armybrat

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Nice job with the spelling.

Screenshot_20240705_143528_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ede1fac7dd083680a3034ef9dabcec16.jpg

To be fair to the Aggies, the dog was super high when he typed that with just the one working paw.  

csb/ For two years of undergrad, we lived over in Cherrywood before it was cool to live over there.  And we're sitting outside and my roommates are getting high as fuck.  I wasn't smoking but got a solid contact buzz.  Anyway, one of the guys hanging out starts blowing smoke at my roommate's dog's face.  Seamus, like the Pink Floyd song  Anyway, Seamus ends up eating part of a tie-dyed shirt he found inside and is trying to shit it out but is obvious distress.  So I offer to drive my roommate and the dog over to that vet that was on the IH-35 access road there north of campus (not sure if it's there anymore).  My buddy is high as fuck, the dog looks like it just ate a bag of weed and a swirly shirt from a Dead show, and the Vet is telling me he is highly trained from Texas A&M and can handle this.  And being the only relatively "normal" living organism in the room, I was just like "Imma wait outside, y'all figure this out."  60 minutes later, my stoned to the gourd roommate, one the dumbest Aggies I've ever met, and a dog with a Jerry Garcia shirt being yanked from his butt came out the door and we headed back home. 

That was the first day I realized none of this is real.  Three days later, the guy that brought the weed over that got the dog all fucked up asks me if I'll drive him to College Station because his girlfriend wanted to check out the pre-optometry program at A&M and then we'd stay the weekend and hit up the football game.  The dog later goes blind, she goes into optometry, and I run into Taylor at the Maryland game in DC a few years back and he's wearing a tie-dye Longhorn t-shirt.  I'm obviously insane, but why do people keep trying to make it worse? 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

To be fair to the Aggies, the dog was super high when he typed that with just the one working paw.  

csb/ For two years of undergrad, we lived over in Cherrywood before it was cool to live over there.  And we're sitting outside and my roommates are getting high as fuck.  I wasn't smoking but got a solid contact buzz.  Anyway, one of the guys hanging out starts blowing smoke at my roommate's dog's face.  Seamus, like the Pink Floyd song  Anyway, Seamus ends up eating part of a tie-dyed shirt he found inside and is trying to shit it out but is obvious distress.  So I offer to drive my roommate and the dog over to that vet that was on the IH-35 access road there north of campus (not sure if it's there anymore).  My buddy is high as fuck, the dog looks like it just ate a bag of weed and a swirly shirt from a Dead show, and the Vet is telling me he is highly trained from Texas A&M and can handle this.  And being the only relatively "normal" living organism in the room, I was just like "Imma wait outside, y'all figure this out."  60 minutes later, my stoned to the gourd roommate, one the dumbest Aggies I've ever met, and a dog with a Jerry Garcia shirt being yanked from his butt came out the door and we headed back home. 

That was the first day I realized none of this is real.  Three days later, the guy that brought the weed over that got the dog all fucked up asks me if I'll drive him to College Station because his girlfriend wanted to check out the pre-optometry program at A&M and then we'd stay the weekend and hit up the football game.  The dog later goes blind, she goes into optometry, and I run into Taylor at the Maryland game in DC a few years back and he's wearing a tie-dye Longhorn t-shirt.  I'm obviously insane, but why do people keep trying to make it worse? 

Who the fuck is Taylor and how do they fit into your aggy story? You introduced them in the 2nd to last sentence of your story. Whoop?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

So the totally rough tough real stuff texum aggy military school students have never heard of "taps" before? Neither A&M nor Texas made up those songs, dumbass, they go back to the 1830s. Aggy plays taps super slow and very stupidly, Texas plays it fast because why the fuck would you play taps even slower?

Posted (edited)

Just a reminder of what Vegas thought of aggy in the 2018 college football MNC futures betting odds…6 years after their vaunted “100 Year Decision”.

1278$$IMG_4448.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Haha 7
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Just a reminder of what Vegas thought of aggy in the 2018 college football MNC futures betting odds…6 years after their vaunted “100 Year Decision”.

1278$$IMG_4448.jpeg

When are aggy's SEC superpowers finally gonna kick in?

1278IMG_4448.thumb.jpeg.e7078dba693399e45dcce634a3e5d360.jpeg

I don’t remember them supposed to being good that year. I could Google but what their win total in Vegas? Can’t be over 8 or 9.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

I don’t remember them supposed to being good that year. I could Google but what their win total in Vegas? Can’t be over 8 or 9.

Bbbbbut….they were SEC “good”!

54 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Pate gets paid to promote Texas A&M.

Yep, his instructions come straight from his show's sponsor, Academy Sports + Outdoors C-Suite.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Pate gets paid to promote Texas A&M.

I tried watching Pate's podcast on YT once. That was enough.

He's sponsored by Academy, you say? Well, they're certainly not going advertise on a channel that badmouths aggy. More $ in sunshine pumping their delusional fanbase. 

• Like 1