• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

16 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Some of the aggy players are at Utah Beach regaling the French citizens with tales of aggy valor.

The French won't be impressed with College Station Nazi.

"Someone's going to eat better."

Yep. Elko.

25 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Notre Dame Week Press Conference: Mike Elko

Brutal start to press conference...  seems in a hurry to join Ketch for the buffet at nearby Golden Corral

So black isnt slimming?

Why the fuck are these dipshits favored over the Irish?

It will be loud there, especially if it is close in the 2nd half. But a hard place to play? I looked it up a while back and at dkr home wins were a good 8-10% higher than Kroger Stadium at Blue Bell Listeria Field.
  • Hook 'Em 1

And thus it begins, as it was foretold by our fathers and the fathers before ours. Let it be thus for ever more!

On Sunday, it was revealed that another Aggie baseball commit has decommitted from the program. Javorskie Lane Jr., the son of former Texas A&M star running back Jovorskie Lane, will explore other options going forward. No, this does not mean that he is automatically transferring to Texas

Lane Jr. is one of the best athletes in the cycle. At the plate, Lane was one of the best hitters in the country during his 2023 junior season; the incoming senior hit for .591 in 34 plate appearances, recording  52 hits, 37 RBI, 51 runs, and eight home runs on the year.

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Matuka said:

Taking your coach the day after your 2nd place finish in the CWS wasn’t a win?

IMG_5458.jpeg

Taking a longtime 5-star TAMU commit on Friday wasn't recent enough, apparently.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Not going to lie, Aggie progeny or not, 52 hits in 34 plate appearances is exceptionally good. 

As I recall, Junior’s daddy cleaned his plate 100% of the time.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

So Nick Scourton posted this on his Insta and some poster on Aggie 247 c & p'd it over there. The third fastest player on their team is apparently a backup defensive end. I know they're a slow team this year, but, well, wow. 

user generated

4 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

I always imagined this was Franchione's pep talk with Javorskie Lane on their first day of summer camp (skip to 0:15):

One of my favorite riffs ever. They apparently just told Rickles to cut it loose and this is him just winging it. That guy was a treasure. 

Here's some classic shit on 247. Tom Loy, who is a longtime recruiting guy nationally and for ND, starts a thread with this post below:

Tom Loy avatar
Tom LoySTAFF
Posted on Aug 25th, 5:43 PM, V I P, User Since 227 months ago, User Post Count: 114539
  • Aug 25th, 5:43 PMVIP
  • 227 months

Absolutely fired up to make the trip for Mike Elko's first game as a head coach at Texas A&M.

Wife and I are making the trip from Nashville.

Would love to link up with some A&M fans if there are any recommended tailgates to it.

Staying in Austin then making the drive over early Saturday morning.

Anything I should know, places to hit, please let me know here or shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

_____

That gets followed by a number of posts where various posters tell him that Austin is a shithole and full of hoboes and scary gay people. Then this post happens:

WesleyTXAg avatar
WesleyTXAg
Posted on Aug 25th, 7:34 PM, V I P, User Since 34 months ago, User Post Count: 1539
  • Aug 25th, 7:34 PMVIP
  • 34 months

North Gate will have all the go to bars, it’s the bar area next to campus.

If you’re looking for the college food experience, Gumby’s pizza (pizza rolls), fuegos, and Laynes.

Dixie Chicken is cool, but not some Mecca of bars some make it out to be. Be sure to go to midnight yell, but don’t take any videos of yell leaders and post it on social media. It’s ptsd for us.

Tailgate wise I can’t personally help you out there yet, however you’ll have a great shot of walking through them telling them who you with and that you’re looking to report on the game day experience and 9 times out of 10 you’ll get in to whatever tailgate you want.

Happy you’ll be there it’s a great environment for fans of CFB as well as families (north gate is not family friendly)

____

So the big recs on the thread are a shitty pizza place, a shitty texmex joint and a national chicken tender chain. Then he recommends Midnight Yell, but please don't tell anyone else about it. And that's the best post on the thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

... the incoming senior hit for .591 in 34 plate appearances, recording  52 hits ...

A truly amazing statistic. There is a mind-bottling amount of talent required to get more hits than plate appearances. I hope Schloss is on the trail of this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

It's never too soon. Just ask ou about that. They extended Venebals for another 6 years after his second season. 

Elko looks to have already been extended.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1