• Replies 76.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

NGL, the part of that fan fiction that scares me a bit, even though there is not a shred of evidence to suggest it’s true, is the thought of Sark falling off the wagon, especially if he is going through a divorce. I hope to God that’s not true for his sake. He is an inspiration and a success story for those of us battling addiction.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

NGL, the part of that fan fiction that scares me a bit, even though there is not a shred of evidence to suggest it’s true, is the thought of Sark falling off the wagon, especially if he is going through a divorce. I hope to God that’s not true for his sake. He is an inspiration and a success story for those of us battling addiction.

Thank you! Didn’t really know of marital issues until this past week. You are not alone and hope the best for Steve off the field, as much as on, as we’re all rooting for him.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Watching his press conference he seemed amped about the season and looked amazing and happy. I doubt he's on the sauce, even with a divorce pending. He seemed like someone who finally got something off his back and is rejuvenated. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mrhorn said:

Hey guys remember that time 4 years ago where I posted some info from a source about Ewers that no one else had and that never happened??? Well then listen to this!!

aggy is so fucking retarded.

I assumed he was referring to Ewers flipping his commitment from Texas to tOSU?

39 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Light reading before ND stomps 12 mudholes in dat ass

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/41015979/texas-notre-dame-12th-man-towel-heist-tim-brown-1988-cotton-bowl

It's actually really well written and I like it for the ND history lesson, at least.

Good link. You didn't even mention the best part! RC Slocum apparently stole Tim Brown's towel from the Japanese game:

"I got a towel that he gave me over there," Slocum said, describing a long white linen with Japanese writing on it above gold stitching that says "TIM BROWN, UNIV. OF NOTRE DAME, JAPAN BOWL." A sweet towel.

It hangs in a frame on the wall of Slocum's house in College Station all these years later, which came as a surprise even to Brown.

"Wow!" Brown wrote via email, his only response to questions for this story. "I have more questions than I do answers. Maybe Coach can fill in the blanks."

It's a bit of a mystery to Slocum, too.

"I don't know how I got it, either," Slocum said, laughing. "We joked about the Cotton Bowl towel over there. I spent a week with him. We had a great time."

In the frame, Slocum also stuck a card he got later, from a 1991 set of cards that had a "Heisman Hero" series. Brown's card is autographed, with the inscription, "To Texas A&M and the 12th Man."

Slocum has always been miscast as some sort of great dude because he comes across publicly as this affable idiot. In reality, he's a shithead.

Dude was sleeping with his secretary and got publicly outed for it by his wife.

He engineered the aggie bag game under Sherrill and kept it going full bore after taking over the program. It was only under the threat of  the death penalty and severe sanctions including tv bans and bowl bans did that idiot disassemble parts of it.

He's actively lobbied against Texas on a number of issues over the years and has been a constant feed to writers in terms painting Texas in a bad light.

Of course that simple idiot would steal a dude's towel, forget that he did it, and then brag about it and put it on display. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Light reading before ND stomps 12 mudholes in dat ass

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/41015979/texas-notre-dame-12th-man-towel-heist-tim-brown-1988-cotton-bowl

It's actually really well written and I like it for the ND history lesson, at least.

I love that this thing they are so proud of actually had little/no impact on the outcome of the game, and was kind of petty, honestly.  The only surprise for me is that they won.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

I love that this thing they are so proud of actually had little/no impact on the outcome of the game, and was kind of petty, honestly.  The only surprise for me is that they won.

Painting of the tackle is the best! Like, someone said, "You know what we need to do? We need to immortalize theft in perpetuity":

image.png.f91aa2c19cc29870de059c5ebac9d4d0.png

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Good link. You didn't even mention the best part! RC Slocum apparently stole Tim Brown's towel from the Japanese game:

"I got a towel that he gave me over there," Slocum said, describing a long white linen with Japanese writing on it above gold stitching that says "TIM BROWN, UNIV. OF NOTRE DAME, JAPAN BOWL." A sweet towel.

It hangs in a frame on the wall of Slocum's house in College Station all these years later, which came as a surprise even to Brown.

"Wow!" Brown wrote via email, his only response to questions for this story. "I have more questions than I do answers. Maybe Coach can fill in the blanks."

"I don't know how I got it, either," Slocum said, laughing. "We joked about the Cotton Bowl towel over there. I spent a week with him. We had a great time."

In the frame, Slocum also stuck a card he got later, from a 1991 set of cards that had a "Heisman Hero" series. Brown's card is autographed, with the inscription, "To Texas A&M and the 12th Man."

Slocum has always been miscast as some sort of great dude because he comes across publicly as this affable idiot. In reality, he's a shithead.

He engineered the aggie bag game under Sherrill and kept it going full bore after taking over the program. It was only under the threat of  the death penalty and severe sanctions including tv bans and bowl bans did that idiot disassemble parts of it.

He's actively lobbied against Texas on a number of issues over the years and has been a constant feed to writers in terms painting Texas in a bad light.

Of course that simple idiot would steal a dude's towel, forget that he did it, and then brag about it and put it on display. 

Insight into his coaching- 20 years ago, I worked with a guy whose brother was a HS HC in East Texas. The brother had friends that had been on Slocum’s late’90s staff. Those ‘90s Aggie teams were legitimately talented, even on the offense. 

They said that, when game plans were being developed, Slocum would agree to aggressive offensive plans, throwing often and on any down and distance. Then, pre-game, Slocum would get nervous and tell the OC, “IK, we’re not doing anything crazy here, are we? Let’s keep it safe and wear them down.”

Edited by statsman

I understand not liking notre dame. But with the same fervor as hating aggy? Does not compute.

That’s not really true though. I don’t hate aggy. Mostly I just watch them and laugh. They’re weird af.

• Hook 'Em 8

7 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Painting of the tackle is the best! Like, someone said, "You know what we need to do? We need to immortalize theft in perpetuity":

image.png.f91aa2c19cc29870de059c5ebac9d4d0.png

"Hey, hang that painting up next to the plaque that says Aggies never lie or cheat or ...  you know what, let's hang it up in Billy's office."

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I understand not liking notre dame. But with the same fervor as hating aggy? Does not compute.

That’s not really true though. I don’t hate aggy. Mostly I just watch them and laugh. They’re weird af.

Here’s how it computes: I’d never seen Texas lose until Texas lost to ND in the Cotton Bowl. 

4 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Here's my take as someone who pulls for both of these teams to lose, every game.

If aggie wins, the roller-coaster will just be that much higher prior to the final plunge. They will "put it on the wall" even if ND were to lose every other game this season (they won't, but..) and ND will have lost to aggie thereby starting the hopeful demise of their 9 win CFP season.

If ND wins, aggie has a loss and I get to read all the excuses and ran out of time bullshit they are absolutely certain to produce.

Either way, I am happy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Of course Slocum has something hanging on his wall that is not his. That is what aggy does. See below further proof:

image.jpeg.10dc3bc4ed887c8e0a5c70b387f15ca6.jpeg

• Haha 3