Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

8 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’m hoping that the Aggie rollercoaster catches fire before it even starts up the incline but, if it doesn’t, the idea of watching Texas kick their skulls in on their own field with a playoff berth on the line for them while Texas punches a ticket for the SEC championship game is almost too enticing to contemplate. 

You know you can have the coaster crash in the starting gate, and UT crush their skulls while punching a SECX3 and playoff ticket, in the same season, right? Why not both?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• Replies 76.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’m hoping that the Aggie rollercoaster catches fire before it even starts up the incline but, if it doesn’t, the idea of watching Texas kick their skulls in on their own field with a playoff berth on the line for them while Texas punches a ticket for the SEC championship game is almost too enticing to contemplate. 

It would be awesome if they go into our game with an outside (but unrealistic to everyone outside CS) shot at the Playoff, and then we just skullfuck them in a game that's over halfway through the 3rd quarter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

ND and aggy are 2 of my 3 most hated programs (OU is 3).  I'll take a meteor, flood, sinkhole, dirty bomb...don't really care what wipes them both off the face of the planet.

I throw LSU in there too. Compared to that diploma factory ND, aggy and OU are Harvard, Stanford and Yale

3 hours ago, Mittens said:

My one aggy friend showed me that screenshot at a party tonight, pissing and moaning about ESPN being in bed with the sips and trying to make aggy look bad.

He also predicted a 38-20 A&M victory over Notre Dame. Lulz

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

It would be awesome if they go into our game with an outside (but unrealistic to everyone outside CS) shot at the Playoff, and then we just skullfuck them in a game that's over halfway through the 3rd quarter.

No I prefer the early setback then the cliff in October and by the time they come into our game all they have is the hope of saving a shitty season with a win against us. Yet, deep inside under that outer hope all of aggy is really living with a sense that the inevitable skull fucking is coming their way.

• Hook 'Em 1

All the media talks about is aggy and the “talent” they’ve garnered over the past couple of years. Not mentioning of those that transferred out or their dogshit OL. I guess that would change the narrative?

10-2 is their “floor” is a big reach.

Hook’em!!!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

My one aggy friend showed me that screenshot at a party tonight, pissing and moaning about ESPN being in bed with the sips and trying to make aggy look bad.

He also predicted a 38-20 A&M victory over Notre Dame. Lulz

image.gif.bafeda21f864a676b6dddea747aa7885.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The "Inside College Football" show on CBS is drinking the aggy koolaid.  I imagine the knuckle-draggers were spanking it furiously to their preview. 

They seem to be the only ones then. Everyone I saw was predicting ND. 

52 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Friend is in Collie Station for the game (wife went to Notre Dame, no pics) and sent us this from tailgate setup Friday:

IMG_2243.thumb.jpeg.799a74dba22c9be74200f723ba0cc303.jpeg

But they repeat themselves. 

• Fuck You 1

18 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Bless her little maroon heart.  Her education very obviously didn’t prepare her enough to explain it away, for a very memeable second time now.  Now it’s become a game for Portnoy, so I expect we’ll see more to come. 

• Like 1

Mind out here catching strays: 
https://archive.is/rla5B

“When he picked Mond, I walked out of the room,” Zimmer says. “I left the building. I didn’t even talk to him on the phone.”
The two spoke the next morning.
“Rick said, ‘You mad at me?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I think you took four backups when we had guys there I thought were starters,’ ” Zimmer says. “From that time on, it just kind of got worse between us. And I’m not saying nothing was my fault. I’m sure there were plenty of things that were my fault.”
Only Jones, with four career starts, is still a Viking. Mond, Surratt and Davis have zero starts. Mond lasted one year in Minnesota and is out of football, having played three snaps in one game — the 37-10 loss at Green Bay on Jan. 2, 2022, that knocked the Vikings from playoff contention.
“People made a big deal out of me saying after that game I didn’t need to see more of Mond,” Zimmer says. “I saw him every day in practice. Maybe I was omniscient or something. He played three NFL snaps and two were bad.”
  • Haha 2

Bless her little maroon heart.  Her education very obviously didn’t prepare her enough to explain it away, for a very memeable second time now.  Now it’s become a game for Portnoy, so I expect we’ll see more to come. 

Bless her heart. She really believes the shit spewed at Fish Camp.

Hook’em!!!
  • Haha 1

From the Tim Brown towel article.  I was mildly surprised to here that the 1988 Cotton Bowl following the 87 season was the first time we encountered A&M.  Glancing around we had played most of the SWC except TTech; Cotton Bowls with UT and UH, buy games in the 70s with Rice and TCU, SMU visited South Bend twice in the 30s.