• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 8/30/2024 at 9:12 PM, Mittens said:

@Mittens, save that somewhere for comparison at the end of the year.  It might also be fun to post over in txags then.

8 hours ago, Gidnik said:

Gotta love the joy that JagGator brings to the table.  We are all aware of Ewers stats from yesterday.  Arch put up 95 yards on 5-6 attempts.  Weigman should have stuck with baseball.

15 hours ago, Pancho said:

When was the last time these two teams have played? 

Something I’ve noticed about A&M, they dont schedule big names for OOC. They schedule OOC—sure—but nothing like Ohio State, Michigan, USC, etc.

More like big OOC names don't schedule them.

If there is a matrix or decision tree on scheduling optimal ooc match ups, aggy checks almost none of the boxes for big name programs.

Aggy is just good enough to where they won't win, but will make your program worse by dragging it down to their level of play and making you look bad for the poles and fans 

College Station offeres nothing in the way of a cool road trip venue, which is actually hard to do.  No big city, no majestic nature, no fertile recruiting grounds, no incredible historic campus. I guess they have hospitality going for them but that will likely be offset by the sweltering early season swamp like conditions.

Rates low among "has been" programs like Minnesota, Syracuse, Army, etc

Aggy brand not quite marquee enough, which is kind of a low bar considering Nebraska and Michigan St. are more attractive brand name match ups.

Aggy could probably book some blue bloods, but only for an away game.  Their problem is that they think they are good enough to leverage a home game out of the deal sine they think of themselves as an elite program.

Edited by Jiggy-Z
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jiggy-Z said:

More like big OOC names don't schedule them.

If there is a matrix or decision tree on scheduling optimal ooc match ups, aggy checks almost mone of the boxes for big name programs.

Aggy is just good enough to where they won't win, but will make your program worse by dragging it down to their level of play and making you look bad for the poles and fans 

College Station offeres nothing in the way of a cool road trip venue, which is actually hard to do.  No big city, no majestic nature, no fertile recruiting grounds, no incredible historic campus. I guess they have hospitality going for them but that will likely be offset by the sweltering early season swamp like conditions.

Rates low among "has been" programs like Minnesota, Syracuse, Army, etc

Aggy brand not quite marquee enough, which is kind of a low bar considering Nebraska and Michigan St. are more attractive brand name match ups.

Aggy could probably book some blue bloods, but only for an away game.  Their problem is that they think they are good enough to leverage a home game out of the deal sine they think of themselves as an elite program.

Agree w/ all but the bolded.  Texas isn't a fertile recruiting state?  

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Agree w/ all but the bolded.  Texas isn't a fertile recruiting state?  

Of course it is. I was referring more to proximity to urban/suburban target rich environment vs having to hump all over east Texas specifically when playing in B/CS. Houston is 99 miles away.

Well, dinner and a movie with my wife seemed like a good idea at the time, but it appears I have missed some glory.  Did the roller coaster not even make it out of the gate?

Their next 3 are bowling green Florida and mcneese state. Everybody jump in, but I am in the front seat. Dibs.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

So without that tremendous Kyle home homefield advantage that would have been a 17 point loss I guess 

I liked how at the beginning of the game they showed Aggie as "#1 Toughest place to play" and it was based on EA Sports rankings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

I liked how at the beginning of the game they showed Aggie as "#1 Toughest place to play" and it was based on EA Sports rankings.

lol, yeah, I saw that as well.  And they all agreed that it was such a 'tough environment', but they couldn't back it up with any stats...just the ranking from a video game...

I’ll admit I didn’t watch any of the aggy game, so can someone tell me whether this was the O line sucking and getting Weigman killed or was he just dogshit?  Or both?

I knew they were fucked when I saw that stupid magician segment yesterday morning in passing.

2 minutes ago, fatheryeet said:

I know everyone is shitting on A&M, but I'd just like to say as a visiting Irish fan I've never met a more hospitable fan base. On my way to the game, my car broke down and several good ags gave me a ride and fed me a home cooked meal before directing me to the gate. After the game, I made sure to visit the Aggy dog graveyard to pay my respects. I hope to visit for another game soon.

…and while I want my kids to go to Notre Dame, I would sure want them at A&M if they don’t choose the Irish.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Of course it is. I was referring more to proximity to urban/suburban target rich environment vs having to hump all over east Texas specifically when playing in B/CS. Houston is 99 miles away.

That’s a reach. Being able to drive to the largest city in Texas in 90 minutes to recruit hundreds of players is something probably 90% of college teams can’t do.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Kyle Field Effect is absolutely a myth. They are 10-11 at home against ranked opponents in the last decade. 

It's a thing they tell themselves to justify all the stupid ass yell practice cult shit. It couldn't be that cheering on a football team requires zero practice and they are all wasting their time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Kyle Field Effect is absolutely a myth. They are 10-11 at home against ranked opponents in the last decade. 

Imagine how bad that record would be if it wasn’t the scariest place to play in all the land?? 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

I’ll admit I didn’t watch any of the aggy game, so can someone tell me whether this was the O line sucking and getting Weigman killed or was he just dogshit?  Or both?

I knew they were fucked when I saw that stupid magician segment yesterday morning in passing.

He was terrible flat out terrible.  ND secondary was good, but the DL wasn't doing much to disrupt him till late in the game and aggy were in 100% passing mode and the D line could just pin their ears back and go.  Irish penalties kept aggy in the game in large part. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

??

1 minute ago, MontereyMX said:

what shit?

Just now, conVINCEd said:

It’s pretty fucking great from where I’m sitting.

I mean pathetic.  They’re so god damn sad as a college/program/wannabe military school whatever.  Don’t get me wrong.  I’m definitely laughing.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Best part about this is how we got the stage 1 denial phase so early this year and over the next 3 games if they win they will have already talked themselves out of reality back into “we got a shot at a playoff spot” and to be honest that is the stage I love the most. I love delusional aggy. Elko has righted the ship! Weigman is back and a stud! Weigman had food poisoning against noter daim! 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The team nullifies any advantage by loud fans. As much as A&M says otherwise a loud fanbase cannot will their team to win against decent opponents. You still need coaching and players. 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Best part about this is how we got the stage 1 denial phase so early this year and over the next 3 games if they win they will have already talked themselves out of reality back into “we got a shot at a playoff spot” and to be honest that is the stage I love the most. I love delusional aggy. Elko has righted the ship! Weigman is back and a stud! Weigman had food poisoning against noter daim! 

And how Notre Dame is some world beater that will probably be in the top 2 when all is said and done. 

2 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

I liked that during the Texas game, the announcer stated that A&M is not the only Texas school in the SEC anymore.

And it’s time for them to move aside because Texas has joined the conference.  .

They can always join the Pac10 and be the only school from Texas there!   And possibly the only school next year!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3485607/2#discussion

They have identified the problem. C-Weg talks like he is black and is a simpleton who was confused by a magic trick.

I thought you were kidding:

Actually kinda makes sense. A significant part of the black culture get really upset about magic tricks. I'm not joking. It's a thing. Much like their common aversion to dogs, even obviously friendly ones. It's weird.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

So using your logic UH should be the #1 spot for those recruits, and SMU/TCU for DFW. A&M has no issue recruiting talent; it has an issue with coaching them.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's a thing they tell themselves to justify all the stupid ass yell practice cult shit. It couldn't be that cheering on a football team requires zero practice and they are all wasting their time.

So tough that even aggy can’t win at Kyle field!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4