• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

22 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Thanks. 
The base is ausubo wood my dad salvaged 70 years ago from the renovation of a 350 year old Spanish Colonial building within the grounds of El Morro fortress in San Juan, Puerto Rico. 
He had several lamp bases made out of one beam, and I inherited this one and added the glass shade after VY’s 4th & 5. 
The old wood is very dense & heavy, looks kinda like mahogany in appearance. 

IMG_4039.jpeg

As us woodworkers say: “Wood is good, good wood is great!”

• Hook 'Em 1

I love that they’ve built this narrative in their heads that leaving the Big XII and Texas’s shadow, they were leaving a bad relationship where they were stifled and kept from achieving their rightful place at the table of football blue bloods.  

Their 10 year head start in the SEC would have them as a co-leader of the conference along with Alabama and Georgia and when Texas joined we’d be the outcasts and ne’er do wells, treated as lesser than by everyone else.  Standing outside in the rain as everyone else parties. 

IMG_5519.gif

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

23 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I love that they’ve built this narrative in their heads that leaving the Big XII and Texas’s shadow, they were leaving a bad relationship where they were stifled and kept from achieving their rightful place at the table of football blue bloods.  

Their 10 year head start in the SEC would have them as a co-leader of the conference along with Alabama and Georgia and when Texas joined we’d be the outcasts and ne’er do wells, treated as lesser than by everyone else.  Standing outside in the rain as everyone else parties. 

Texas A&M had a 0.527 record in the Big 12.

They have a 0.536 record in the SEC.

I'm not seeing a big upgrade in conference strength of schedule.  It kinda looks a little worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

IMG_5519.gif

Does this movie hold up? I love Coming to America, but Trading Places was never on TV when I was a kid.

57 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

IMG_5519.gif

Well done. Every poster on texags had that fantasy.  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Quick help. In a discussion with an aggy (I know, fuck me).

Last road win? Year?

Last Conference Road win?

Googled and see a lot of shit. Don't have time to read 2+ years of schedules. Figure one of you all know it.

I think they beat Mizzou in Columbia in 2021.  Also Colorado earlier that year.  They’ve beat Arky but those were at Jerry’s World.  

No road or conference road wins in 2022 or 2023. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Note to my fellow lawyers: this is how you do rebuttal.

You're a lawyer? We need your help ASAP to fight our charges in Brazos County for writing negative stuff about Aggies on TexAgs and Surly Horns, which is 100% illegal.

8fcea8e4614396d8e7a671c8e9e4d1ef.jpg

Please respond to these questions ASAP: 

• Did you post negative things about Aggies on Surly Horns, which is 100% illegal? That could create a conflict of interest. 
  • Are you currently in touch with @immamac? We think he is hiding in Venezuela. 
  • Do you currently work closely with any Aggies at your firm?
  • Are there any Aggies in your immediate family?

Choose an answer from the list below: 
I don't like Texas A&M because...
1. ...Johnny Manziel slept with my sister 
2. ...Aggies perpetuate a mind-numbingly stupid cult that is embarrassing to people from the state of Texas
3. ...Aggies remind me that half of our country is really, really stupid 

Thanks for your time and cooperation.   

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

36 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I think they beat Mizzou in Columbia in 2021.  Also Colorado earlier that year.  They’ve beat Arky but those were at Jerry’s World.  

So, for the last two years, this team has had to bus or fly home on the losing end…..bet these were fun trips.

Well, are they playing more FCS teams since they’ve been in the sec?

I think Kyle Umlang on X said (paraphrasing) that during the 2010-2019 decade, the worst decade for Texas ever, had 6 fewer wins than aggy but with 12 more FCS/D2 games for Aggy.

If my numbers are incorrect yall feel free to correct it.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

It's amusing to me that aggy thinks Pyle is a "tough road game".

I'll never understand this, either. Also, "best fan base in CFB" 

Delusional morons. It's a myth that has been busted, yet they keep telling themselves it's "tough". K, aggy. If it's so tough then why are you a mediocre program since 1939?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

They have not had back to back winning records in conference since 1998.

That is amazing.  Shows you how much they pad their record by playing South Carolina every year and usually 4 cream puffs in nonconference.

Edited by Frank Drebin

18 minutes ago, alincoln said:

There are 8 ranked teams in the SEC (GA, AL, TX, MISS, OK, TN, MO, LSU).

Aggy is the only unranked team to play only 3 ranked teams (TX, LSU, MO) and gets them all at home (so does LSU).

LSU, MISS, and TN also play only 3 ranked SEC teams. 

TX only plays 2 ranked SEC teams.

What did those numbers look like before the first games were played?

It's not Texas' fault that the aggies cannot keep themselves ranked.

Edited by Orange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

They have not had back to back winning records in conference since 1998.

That is amazing.  Shows you how much they pad their record by playing South Carolina every year and usually 4 cream puffs in nonconference.

Not accurate.  They had winning records in the B12 in '97, '98, '99, and '00

42 minutes ago, alincoln said:

There are 8 ranked teams in the SEC (GA, AL, TX, MISS, OK, TN, MO, LSU).

Aggy is the only unranked team to play only 3 ranked teams (TX, LSU, MO) and gets them all at home (so does LSU).

LSU, MISS, and TN also play only 3 ranked SEC teams. 

TX only plays 2 ranked SEC teams.

So whose fault is it that aggy isn’t ranked which is the cause of both of these…

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, alincoln said:

MO also only plays 2 ranked teams while LSU, Ole Miss and TN only play 3.  

Texas has arguably the easiest SEC schedule but it’s close to 5 other teams in the conference, including aggy.

Aggy keeps bitching about an easy SEC schedule completely ignoring the fact that we just went and beat a top 10 team on the road. I guess that doesn't count since they are B1G and can't possibly have been as challenging as losing to Notre Dame at home who lost to NIU a week later.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Aggy keeps bitching about an easy SEC schedule completely ignoring the fact that we just went and beat a top 10 team on the road. I guess that doesn't count since they are B1G and can't possibly have been as challenging as losing to Notre Dame at home who lost to NIU a week later.  

that post is illegal, sir

you used facts to say negative things about aggy

olin and pat have filed a freedom of information

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Not a derail, just a bit of clarification. This is from late August in the "tell me about 0U" thread.

• We [Texas and 0U] hate each other but can respect each other.  I think they [secsecsec] don't understand that.  We hate the aggies but don't respect them at all.  That's the difference.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

For anyone thinking about the game this weekend, Florida will not have 7 of their top 8 DBs, their top WR is out, and their best DL, Searcy, is "questionable". On paper, it looks like Florida is outgunned with those injuries, honestly. If Weigatron can't throw for 300+ and several TDs this weekend, when is that idiot going to do it?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1