Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I assume this is fake and some sort of bit, right? Sorry if that is obvious to everyone else, but I haven’t  followed that account. 

I laughed at it at first. And now your post has me feeling like there's a sliver of a chance that it's real and now I feel like the last panel in the Hayden Christensen/Natalie Portman meme.

Screenshot_20240913_073833_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e518711a2e2af2b25a4cb996ca8df23d.jpg

• Replies 76.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

8 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

What was CW alleged injury?  Didn’t see their game.  Was he obviously injured during the game?  

He's got a busted shoulder now. He also has had a series of concussions that he's suffered from, including one in 2022. He is still in pain from his foot injury last year. The guy is the CFB personification of this scene:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Just turned on TexAgs live looking for some laughs and Liucci and Co. are implying Tyreek Chappell might be out for the year due to an injury. 

someone dropped that its a torn ACL, but I haven't seen any confirmation.

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

someone dropped that its a torn ACL, but I haven't seen any confirmation.

I posted that. The mods said he was done for the year and then some of their alleged insiders all said it was non-contact ACL. We'll never get a full confirmation from The Elk or his mouthpiece.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

He's got a busted shoulder now. He also has had a series of concussions that he's suffered from, including one in 2022. He is still in pain from his foot injury last year. The guy is the CFB personification of this scene:

HATE AGGY, but wish CW a safe and full recovery.

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

Column from FW Star Telegram that appeared in our local paper today that raises the whole paranoid thing with this clown:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article292307979.html

Mack is a lazy, hack journalist, as evidenced by this paragraph from the article:

The Aggies are not as bad as they looked against Notre Dame. Their defensive line is one of the better groups in the SEC. Conner Weigman is the best Aggie quarterback since Kellen Mond’s senior season. For the first time in a long time, the Aggies offensive line is something more than a free HOV lane to the quarterback.

I mean, really?!?  Every single sentence in that paragraph is wrong. 

But the basic premise of his article is true. Elko’s setting himself up for failure.  Full article here because it’s behind a paywall:

Spoiler

The damage Jimbo Fisher did to Texas A&M is severe; Mike Elko needs a chance to breathe

By Mac Engel
Updated September 11, 2024 8:20 PM

Mike Elko has “asked” the media that covers Texas A&M football to not ask his players about last season, and this is after a ridiculous amount of paranoid-driven parameters of what these people are allowed to publicly discuss of what they see in practice.

Here is what they see in practice: An expensive football team that never lives up to the expectations set by its board of regents, its loyal fans, and its awesome dog. “The First Lady of Aggieland” deserves better.

In a sport where Delusion, Mistrust and Neurosis are on every head football coaches’ breakfast menu, Elko is setting himself up for Jimbo-like misery without Jimbo-like money.

This time one year ago, then Aggies head ball coach Jimbo Fisher was miserable, and checked out. The good people in College Station knew it, and he was gone by the end of the 2023 season. The results weren’t coming, and he was exhausted by expectations his contract justifiably established.

The pain, scars and embarrassment of the Jimbo era were not going to be fixed with a 2-0 start, or a 20-pack of free Shiner beer. But, neither can hurt. The 2024 season is not even one month old, and the Aggies new head coach and his fans all need to put down their phones, tablets and computers before they all try to kill the other.

No first-year coach needs a break more than Elko.

Texas A&M’s game on Saturday against Florida in Gainesville feels like it could be the entire season for one of these two nut-job fan bases. This is one of those games where if the transfer portal was open, half of the roster of the losing team may be in it by Saturday night.

Both teams are 1-1, with each still in recovery mode.

On the afternoon of Saturday, Aug. 31, Florida lost at home, 41-17, to Miami.

On the evening of Saturday, Aug. 31, Texas A&M lost at home, 23-13, to Notre Dame.

Hours after that A&M loss, some reasonable Aggie fans shouted from the Dixie Chicken to the Koppe Bridge Bar & Grill that A&M should never have hired Elko but rather gone with current Washington coach Jedd Fisch.

A&M is favored by 3.5 points over the Gators; whatever Saturday’s outcome, Elko has to be given some time, and he must avoid some of the mistakes his control-freak predecessor made in his six years in College Station. Step away from the Paranoid Panel that too often ruins the personal lives of power college coaches.

It’s a reason why so often these people abuse alcohol, see their kids less than they sleep, and while they make a lot of money are full of regret.

No coach or fan base is feeling it like Elko and Texas A&M. Texas is not only a conference rival again, but ranked No. 2 in the nation; every single fear of Bevo’s arrival to the SEC is worse than the Aggies could have even conceived.

Only hours after Texas rolled defending national champion Michigan in Ann Arbor a few days ago, the same Notre Dame team that won at Kyle Field lost in South Bend, Ind., to mighty Northern Illinois. Only cost the Irish $1.4 million, too.

“I have no reaction to that,” Elko said on the SEC coaches’ conference call on Wednesday of Notre Dame’s loss.

Oh, he has a reaction all right. He’s just not sharing it.

These early-season games now more than ever are a disaster-in-waiting for coaching staffs, and their bonehead fan bases. The current rate of player turnover, and the ease of the transfer portal, has teams more vulnerable to the “Fire the Coach Now” early season loss.

A&M is in this position because the answer to their problems at head coach could never find his NFL quarterback that he needs to win; that and the administration approved a firing that will cost the athletic department $76 million. That decision creates lasting consequences.

Elko is a part of the Jimbo recovery process, and he should trust himself before going full R.C. Slocum (FYI, when R.C. was near the end of his tenure as Texas A&M’s head coach in 2002, he became your standard paranoid coach).

The Aggies are not as bad as they looked against Notre Dame. Their defensive line is one of the better groups in the SEC. Conner Weigman is the best Aggie quarterback since Kellen Mond’s senior season. For the first time in a long time, the Aggies offensive line is something more than a free HOV lane to the quarterback.

A&M wanted Elko for a reason. Elko wanted A&M for a reason. Whereas Jimbo had no clue what Texas A&M was about, Elko, who worked at A&M from 2018 to 2021, knew the landscape.

Regardless of the final outcome at Florida, A&M is not going to fire him on Saturday night. He should act like it.

This story was originally published September 11, 2024, 3:57 PM.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Man that’s rough if ACL but I doubt it.  Pretending a guy with an ACL injury might play strikes me as unnecessarily over the top gamesmanship.  

The ACL is another player, not Connor Weigman. The injury to CW has not been disclosed 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's really too bad, because those guys were a lock for the playoff before all these injuries.  You just have to build depth in the SEC SEC SEC.

Yeah, I don't think these guys knows what the grind is like to play a full SEC schedule.  Otherwise they'd have better players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

We knew that there was a chance of rain in Gainesville on Saturday, but nobody told us ICE was in the forecast. Texas A&M unveiled their uniform combination for their game against the Florida Gators on Thursday, and for the first time in more than seven years, the Aggies will wear all white.

Really….wonder where y’all could have gotten such a cool idea for this road game?

image.gif.058ac865c6c622592575f89732baa951.gif

Please tell me the last time they wore it was that UCLA game.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Mertz is starting so look for A&M to fucking steamroll Florida. Let the Aggie season long roller coaster to begin.

Sun Belt Billy must already have another job lined up, because this move means he does not want to save his job whatsoever.

I mean, not only would it behoove us for aggy to always lose, but it would be nice if UF treaded water just enough until they came to Austin and fired him the next day. 

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

Per their fanboi Josh Pate:

Most consecutive road losses (active streak)

- Temple

- A&M 

- Akron 

- Kent State

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Wow, three of those teams are in the current Bottom 10.

and after this weekend, Temple may be in there too.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

The ACL is another player, not Connor Weigman. The injury to CW has not been disclosed 

11 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Gameday says it's an upper body injury. Probably from jerkin it too much. Marcel Reed might be the starter today. 

I thought it was put out that it's a non throwing AC joint shoulder issue? You won't see him running today if he plays.