• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

No, I think Sark will likely say something respectful.  But he won't slob aggy's knob over it all week like Mack would have.

To be fair- in ‘99, Mack(and Texas) allowed it to dominate the week. Mack offered to cancel the game (Texas had already clinched the B12 South), and encouraged everyone off the two deep to donate blood. The LHB made a special half time show. 

In 2009, the Ags really tried hard to play up the 10th anniversary. Texas (the whole school and program) declined to participate (the TAMU-Baylor game was actually closer to the 10th anniversary date). Thankfully, the broadcaster (ESPN) declined to play up the Ags’ commemorative activities, too. (I have to wonder if someone from Texas spoke to ESPN). 

Still, we know that in the off season, Ag regents explored starting their bonfire up again, on campus, unsuccessfully. I fully expect the Ags (none of whom in leadership were around 25 years ago) to make a big deal about it, seeking an emotional and sympathy edge. 

16 minutes ago, statsman said:

To be fair- in ‘99, Mack(and Texas) allowed it to dominate the week. Mack offered to cancel the game (Texas had already clinched the B12 South), and encouraged everyone off the two deep to donate blood. The LHB made a special half time show. 

In 2009, the Ags really tried hard to play up the 10th anniversary. Texas (the whole school and program) declined to participate (the TAMU-Baylor game was actually closer to the 10th anniversary date). Thankfully, the broadcaster (ESPN) declined to play up the Ags’ commemorative activities, too. (I have to wonder if someone from Texas spoke to ESPN). 

Still, we know that in the off season, Ag regents explored starting their bonfire up again, on campus, unsuccessfully. I fully expect the Ags (none of whom in leadership were around 25 years ago) to make a big deal about it, seeking an emotional and sympathy edge. 

That’s great and all, but I’m not sure how it sells with anyone, including the majority of their players. This isn’t a “red bandana” moment. People are much better informed these days about origin stories and details regarding things remembered. Many of the players are just mercenaries or transfers or both. None of them had been born at the time of the accident.

The aggies might think there’s a lot of sentimental and emotional value to milk from the senseless loss of lives and maiming of others due to the failed building of a stack of logs, but I’m not convinced that anyone else is getting behind that. “Wait, this happened because you wanted to burn down the stack of logs you were building? To express hate for another group of people? With no supervision? And you fought the victims’ families in court and hid behind sovereign immunity? Well sign us the fuck up! Get Tom Rinaldi on the line asap!”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

20 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I guess Joel Klatt has never actually met an Aggie. 

I think you need to look at what he said.  He said they were "incredible."   Not incredibly good people, not incredibly good fans, not incredibly good students....just incredible.

So incredibly stupid, incredibly myopic, incredibly creepy, incredibly cultish, etc all fit within his statement.

Imagine going to see a friends kid perform in a play, concert, etc and it is horrible.  Afterwards you tell them it was "incredible" and you are being honest regardless of how they interpret it.  Incredible, right!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The aggies might think there’s a lot of sentimental and emotional value to milk from the senseless loss of lives and maiming of others due to the failed building of a stack of logs, but I’m not convinced that anyone else is getting behind that. “Wait, this happened because you wanted to burn down the stack of logs you were building? To express hate for another group of people? With no supervision? And you fought the victims’ families in court and hid behind sovereign immunity? Well sign us the fuck up! Get Tom Rinaldi on the line asap!”

Don't forget the very recent push to resume the tradition, including pressuring the families of the victims to provide their blessing.

• Rage+1 5

15 minutes ago, ABSR said:

I think you need to look at what he said.  He said they were "incredible."   Not incredibly good people, not incredibly good fans, not incredibly good students....just incredible.

So incredibly stupid, incredibly myopic, incredibly creepy, incredibly cultish, etc all fit within his statement.

Imagine going to see a friends kid perform in a play, concert, etc and it is horrible.  Afterwards you tell them it was "incredible" and you are being honest regardless of how they interpret it.  Incredible, right!?

Is “incredible” the new “breathtaking”? Is incredible the old breathtaking? Are they the same? 

“Some ugly baby, huh?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

Now after an injury they actually see light when they have a running QB in an offense designed for a running QB.

The other thing those dipshits fail to realize, is that they can have this running QB for this offense all they want, but the greatest strength of most of those KState offenses was the O-Line who were always RS. JR and SRs.  They grew up in that system and knew how to make it work, and were recruited for it.  Aggy has a bunch of mercenaries and young jags not planning to play that type of system and getting hurt while trying to do it.  That's gonna work out really well in the "grind of the SEC".   Will they even have 5 healthy scholarship linemen by the time they play us?  But hey aggy, keep focusing only on QB and receiver.  Tom Herman will tell you how that works out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Best part of A&M's situtation is they don't even realize they are in the first stage of their rebuild.  Granted with the portal, rebuilds can be quicker, but they will get worse before they get better and they are looking at 3-4 years to be relatively "good" again.  Does anyone in their right mind feel Collin Klein will be their OC when things turn around? That was an impulse hire at a time there weren't many available choices.  Klein will last through next season before they move on, so I'm thinking year 2 of whomever replaces him is their earliest timeframe.

If Elk truly is trying to change the culture and get players with better attitudes, he could get the program on a decent track within a few years. He’s a decent defensive coach and Klein’s offense can work with the right personnel. It will be interesting to see if the admin and fans have the patience they showed with Jimbo, or whether they blow it up again. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 3

11 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

It has been long enough that I don't know whether the institutional memory of aggy behavior when we come to town is sufficient to warn Sark/CDC without a little alumni help. Does our AD/team know not to stay anywhere owned by aggy or close to B/CS before this year's game? Does the Surl need to warn them somehow?

We don't even need to stay anywhere outside of Austin honestly. It is a night game at Kyle. We can load up the bus at noon and be fine. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Kinda missed the mark on FSU, Miami, and that little 'ol team from ATX.

And Clemson, and Mizzou, and OU, and Michigan 

5 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

GYFRwm4WAAAWlp4?format=jpg&name=large

Because maybe you DONT have as much money as Texas? And even if you did you have nothing else that is interesting to recruits. When your big recruiting events are an apartment complex pool party and a lake day inside a sceptic tank, it might be time to reevaluate your position in the CFB world. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, nnm said:

As a lifelong Bowling Green Falcons fan from a multi-generational family of proud alumni, I wanted to take a moment to extend my deepest thanks to everyone at Texas A&M for the unforgettable experience we had during our game on September 21, 2024. While the Aggies came out on top on the scoreboard, the true victory was the warmth and hospitality shown to us visitors from start to finish.

From the moment we arrived on your breathtaking campus, we were in awe. The beauty of Texas A&M is more than just in its architecture or sprawling green spaces—it's in the spirit of its people. We couldn’t help but feel a deep admiration for your proud military history, something that truly sets A&M apart. The reverence for tradition, the honoring of service, and the sense of duty embedded in the fabric of your university are qualities to be admired and respected by any visitor.

Our game day was made even better by the hospitality we received at every turn. Whether it was at the tailgate parties where Aggie fans invited us to share in the food and festivities or the kindness of students and locals who pointed us in the right direction when we found ourselves lost trying to find the stadium—we felt like we were among friends.

The Aggie fans are something special—enthusiastic, loud, and supportive. Your 12th Man is truly a force, and witnessing that energy in Kyle Field was nothing short of spectacular. The team played a fantastic game, and while we would have loved to leave with a win, we couldn’t help but be impressed by the sportsmanship and skill on display.

And a special shout-out to the wholesome and friendly nature of the women we met on campus—A&M is filled with people who represent the best of what a university can foster in its students: kindness, pride, and a deep sense of community.

Although my roots will always be in Bowling Green, one thing’s for sure—I’ll be telling future generations of Falcons to consider A&M when they look for their own college experience. You have earned a special place in our hearts, and we’ll always remember this trip with fondness.

Gig 'em Aggies, and thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

With gratitude,
A Proud Bowling Green Fan

As a *lifelong*, *fiercely dedicated* Bowling Green Falcons fan hailing from a *distinguished lineage* of proud alumni (we’re practically Falcons royalty!), I am compelled—*no*, I am *driven*—to express the *absolute magnitude* of my gratitude to Texas A&M for delivering what can only be described as the *most extraordinary, life-altering, heart-bursting* experience of September 21, 2024. Yes, the Aggies may have claimed the victory on the scoreboard, but the *real* triumph—*oh*, the *real* triumph—was the *tsunami* of kindness, hospitality, and downright *legendary* warmth that swept over us from the very moment our toes touched the hallowed grounds of your campus. It wasn’t just a game—it was a *celestial event*, a day that will forever be etched into the annals of time for its sheer *awesomeness*.

I kid you not, from the second we stepped onto your jaw-droppingly gorgeous campus, we were struck *speechless*. The grandeur of Texas A&M? *Breathtaking* doesn’t even begin to cover it. The beauty of your sprawling green spaces and towering architecture was so majestic that we might as well have been walking through the gates of *paradise*. But let me tell you—the true magic of A&M isn’t in the bricks or the lawns—it’s in the *spirit* that permeates every single inch of your university. The reverence for tradition? *Off the charts*. The respect for your military history? So deep, so *noble*, that I was ready to stand at attention and salute. Your pride? *Legendary*. Texas A&M isn’t just a university—it’s a *cathedral of excellence*, a place where the values of service, honor, and community reach mythical proportions.

And let me tell you about game day. *WOW*. From the moment we arrived, the Aggie community welcomed us like long-lost friends who had finally come home after years of epic adventures. At every tailgate, we were practically *force-fed* the most delicious food by Aggie fans who insisted on sharing their bounty with us—seriously, I’ve never eaten so well in my life. Every step we took, someone was there with a smile, a helping hand, or a friendly “Howdy!” It was as if the entire university had been briefed ahead of time to treat us with a level of kindness and hospitality usually reserved for *heads of state* or, dare I say, *royalty*.

But oh, let’s not forget Kyle Field. Let me just say this: if I had a nickel for every time my jaw hit the floor in awe of the 12th Man, I’d be a *very* rich person. The energy? *Unbelievable*. The roar of the crowd? *Deafening*—in the best way possible. The enthusiasm and passion of the Aggie fans were so powerful, I swear they could have powered an entire city with their sheer *force of will*. I’ve never seen anything like it. It was like standing in the middle of a *thunderstorm of camaraderie*, where every cheer and shout echoed across the heavens. The game itself? A *masterpiece* of athleticism and sportsmanship. While we Falcons would’ve loved to walk away with a win, we couldn’t help but bow down in respect to the sheer prowess on display. Your team? *Incredible*. Your fans? *Otherworldly*.

And don’t even get me started on the people we met—especially the women on campus! Each one was the embodiment of grace, kindness, and charm. If you could bottle the friendliness of the students we encountered, you’d have the *secret formula for world peace*. Truly, I’ve never met a group of individuals so warm and welcoming. They’re a testament to everything that makes Texas A&M great.

Though my roots are firmly planted in Bowling Green, I must admit—Texas A&M now holds a piece of my heart. I’ll be talking about this experience for *decades*, telling future generations of Falcons that A&M is a *must-consider* for their college adventures. You’ve earned a *permanent* spot in our collective memories, and I promise, we’ll be reminiscing about this trip for years to come.

So from the deepest, most *overjoyed* corners of my heart, *thank you*! Gig 'em, Aggies! You’ve truly made this Falcon a fan for life!

With the highest levels of appreciation humanly possible,  
A *Profoundly* Grateful Bowling Green Fan

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

12 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

It has been long enough that I don't know whether the institutional memory of aggy behavior when we come to town is sufficient to warn Sark/CDC without a little alumni help. Does our AD/team know not to stay anywhere owned by aggy or close to B/CS before this year's game? Does the Surl need to warn them somehow?

You should probably start a thread titled:

"CORCHES SHOULD BE AWARES OF AGGY FUCKERY BEFORE GAME IN B/CS."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

As a lifelong Bowling Green Falcons fan from a multi-generational family of proud alumni, I wanted to take a moment to extend my deepest thanks to everyone at Texas A&M for the unforgettable experience we had during our game on September 21, 2024. While the Aggies came out on top on the scoreboard, the true victory was the warmth and hospitality shown to us visitors from start to finish.

From the moment we arrived on your breathtaking campus, we were in awe. The beauty of Texas A&M is more than just in its architecture or sprawling green spaces—it's in the spirit of its people. We couldn’t help but feel a deep admiration for your proud military history, something that truly sets A&M apart. The reverence for tradition, the honoring of service, and the sense of duty embedded in the fabric of your university are qualities to be admired and respected by any visitor.

Our game day was made even better by the hospitality we received at every turn. Whether it was at the tailgate parties where Aggie fans invited us to share in the food and festivities or the kindness of students and locals who pointed us in the right direction when we found ourselves lost trying to find the stadium—we felt like we were among friends.

The Aggie fans are something special—enthusiastic, loud, and supportive. Your 12th Man is truly a force, and witnessing that energy in Kyle Field was nothing short of spectacular. The team played a fantastic game, and while we would have loved to leave with a win, we couldn’t help but be impressed by the sportsmanship and skill on display.

And a special shout-out to the wholesome and friendly nature of the women we met on campus—A&M is filled with people who represent the best of what a university can foster in its students: kindness, pride, and a deep sense of community.

Although my roots will always be in Bowling Green, one thing’s for sure—I’ll be telling future generations of Falcons to consider A&M when they look for their own college experience. You have earned a special place in our hearts, and we’ll always remember this trip with fondness.

Gig 'em Aggies, and thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

With gratitude,
A Proud Bowling Green Fan

How was your meal at the Dixie Chicken?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

They say late at night when the lights are turned off in the Aggy Hall of Champions the bust of John David Crow talks to himself.  

True, but that is always after first asking aloud if there is anyone else in the hall.  After asking five times with no response, he starts talking to himself.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ABSR said:

Breathtaking.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ABSR said:

image.png.40a5e143c7e9b33e8d064b7d0d0a8ab0.png

Dude's more right than he'll ever know...

That has got to be straight trolling.  The number one team in the nation is actually only the 6th best team in their conference?  

He thinks that Michigan “figured something out with the QB who didn’t play against Texas…”?  So the guy who threw for 32 yards and at the QB position account for a total of 75 yards of offense would have beaten Texas had he played.   

And of course aggy does what they need to do to stay top 5 by beating Bowling Green at home (barely).

Youd have to be fucking idiot to listen to this guy.  Which is probably the point. 

What a bunch of dumb dildos.  Can't believe they believe this shit.  UT is the #1 ranked team in the nation and with a straight face they think that their same aggy team that could barely beat BG is not only better than them in the SEC but also that UT is only the 6th best team in the conference.  el-oh-fucking-el.

Edited by BlueGreySky

I love the aggy logic. We’ll keep Texas at 6 because we don’t know how good they really are because they’ve only played 1 top  15 team but he’s got Ole Miss at 4 after playing (checks notes) Forman, Middle Tennessee State, Wake Forest and Georgia Southern. I can’t wait to see where he ranks us after we beat the fuck out of aggy in November.

2 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I love the aggy logic. We’ll keep Texas at 6 because we don’t know how good they really are because they’ve only played 1 top  15 team but he’s got Ole Miss at 4 after playing (checks notes) Forman, Middle Tennessee State, Wake Forest and Georgia Southern. I can’t wait to see where he ranks us after we beat the fuck out of aggy in November.

After beating their ass We’ll be ranked at aggy +1 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

It will be funny if Georgia beats Alabama, Miss, Tenn and we beat Georgia. He will have aggy at #1 even if they drop a game or three between now and when we smash them the last game.

• Hook 'Em 1