• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Longboard Horn

• Randolph Duke

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

It’s scary that what he said would be a great start on becoming successful. That school culture will never change their ways which will keep them forever entrenched in mediocrity.

I be always said the biggest difference is that we lose one game and we want to burn down the school and fire everyone. They lose 4 games and keep themselves ranked as the greatest program of all time which keeps them content; forever crippling their pursuit of greatness. It’s beautiful.

Edited by DaggerHorns
Ballz

12 hours ago, Whitewater Horn said:

We need to include any adult who uses “the ick” to describe something that turns them off. Speak like a grown up. 

Most of them that use it literally aren't fully grown and very clearly are like 3-4 generations younger than you.

6 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

I like listening to Klatt now. Watching that game in real time, I loved the crushing victory (we could have named any score we liked in a conference championship!), and I loved the hit (sans penalty). Looking at old videos and stills of the hit makes me feel a little bad for him now. I guess I'm going soft.

I damn near got in a fist fight with one of my best friends (Vol grad) who accused TX of running up the score.  If TX wanted to run up the score, they would have scored 100.

11 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I damn near got in a fist fight with one of my best friends (Vol grad) who accused TX of running up the score.  If TX wanted to run up the score, they would have scored 100.

Haha, there was no scoring in the 4th quarter at all.

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They’re both o-ver-ra-ted clap, clap clap, clap, clap. Still, the Aggies will always have 1938 and Scorpions will always have The Zoo.

Don’t be calling Scorpions overrated, you heathen. Great for their genre in their day, largely overlooked these days when it comes to 80s music. 

Just now, nnm said:

Don’t be calling Scorpions overrated, you heathen. Great for their genre in their day, largely overlooked these days when it comes to 80s music. 

I think they have a decent number of good songs, but stuff like Rock You Like a Hurricane props them up more than merited, imo. I like their semi-older stuff — No One Like You and The Zoo, e.g. — more. I’m not saying they’re bad by any means. They’re like a top twenty team that somehow made it into top ten. 

4 hours ago, speed817 said:

SIAP

This guy actually posted this on LinkedIn....

image.thumb.png.806554ced87e3fd3904f91d71b5a8bf3.png

Plain text in spoiler.....

Reveal hidden contents

Something has to be said.

Texas A&M Football had a decade away, in the best conference in the world, to build our own identity separate from Texas. I thought we’d done it. We clearly haven’t.

Texas A&M’s student body throws Horns Down right now more than it throws Gig ‘Em. It’s the most disappointing, old school, 1-and-11-is-fine-if-the-one-is-tu-Giggumhowdy crap I’ve seen in a lifetime of college football fandom. The scoreboard cutaways last night were absolutely packed with little brother energy. We’re ready to jump right back down to the little kids’ table.

There’s a fix, and I hope you’ll join me in considering it.

It’s how we manage our story at Fish Camp and in the traditions. It’s in all the official touchpoints of defining who we are, to incoming students. It’s okay to throw an occasional Horns Down, but right now it’s our identity. That can’t be. It’s a huge problem. Our identity needs to be Texas A&M, and good luck to the boys in orange. They’re a respected rival and otherwise not our concern.

At this moment, despite all the money, despite all the determined and talented people working to make this the best program in the country: we are and have been a second-tier football team. I hate that, but it’s the truth. We have more 4-win seasons than 10-win seasons in my adult life. So we, like many others, are trying to make the leap into that first tier and compete for national championships. The Horns Down identity is a crippling and permanent disadvantage in that battle, for as long as it remains. Point blank, a program obsessed with beating and demeaning a single rival will never, ever make that leap.

Texas fans, crow all you want. We deserve it. Right now, we are who you always thought we were.

We can act decisively to get rid of the Horns Down, little brother way of doing things, or it will dominate Texas A&M Football’s destiny forever.

What did I miss? What am I wrong about? If you think Horns Down is harmless fun, let me know in the comments.

(EDIT: thanks to all of you who are commenting! Please consider reposting or even copy-pasting if you want. I don’t care at all about the exposure for myself; the more people who adopt this idea as their own, the better chance that it will be seen by administration and taken seriously.)

That's wrong. /texags