• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Longboard Horn

• Randolph Duke

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

26 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I’m surprised Graham’s article wasn’t “25 reasons why Texas loses to Mississippi State.”

25 reasons why a dominant Texas win over Miss St tells us nothing about how good the Horns are this season 

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, statsman said:

So, what is the deal with Weigman?

Out for some unannounced reason (injury, misbehavior)?

On second team, but competing to play again?

Relegated for good?

Looking to transfer?

Some combination?

They can’t tell us because HIPAA, but …

Reefer_Madness_(1936).jpg

So, what is the deal with Weigman?
Out for some unannounced reason (injury, misbehavior)?
On second team, but competing to play again?
Relegated for good?
Looking to transfer?
Some combination?

Still listed as questionable:

https://www.on3.com/news/conner-weigman-injury-update-texas-am-quarterback-status-revealed-thursday-injury-report-vs-arkansas/

The bullshit I am hearing from my ex-wives brothers uncle is that Weigmans daddy does not like Collin Klines QB run calls. I suppose he thinks it’s jeopardizing his son’s NFL career. lol. I guess smoking so much pot made his bones brittle or something. 

1 hour ago, VoteforHank said:

The bullshit I am hearing from my ex-wives brothers uncle is that Weigmans daddy does not like Collin Klines QB run calls. I suppose he thinks it’s jeopardizing his son’s NFL career. lol. I guess smoking so much pot made his bones brittle or something. 

Thank you, Simone. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Let's get this thread on untracked!
0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe447f97c8f3a59dfe3ad4887f5.jpg
image.png.2fd9c17106aca35ac4897f0b58e57a4a.png
Three reasons Texas A&M football takes out Arkansas in Jerryworld to move to 4-1 on the season
Last week’s performance for Texas A&M football was less than satisfactory, to say the least, in the minds of fans. Struggling with a team like Bowling Green, no matter how veteran of a squad they are, will always chafe at the sensibilities of the fans of a major program.

Of course, a win is a win. It wasn’t always fun to watch, but the Aggies emerged on the right side of the game; the difference between a learning experience and an embarrassment.
Now, though, they must once more rise to the occasion. The Aggies are 1-0 in the SEC after vanquishing Florida, but the Gators seem like they’re possibly even less of a challenge than Bowling Green at this point.
But this is Texas A&M and Arkansas, a series that, over the past twelve years, has seen the Hogs snatch defeat from the jaws of victory several different times. Here are three reasons the Aggies continue this dominant run against the Hogs.

Three reasons Texas A&M football defeats the Hogs: Arkansas’s run defense is fool’s gold
After breaking down the numbers, the strength of Arkansas’s defense may not be that much of a strength at all. The Razorbacks have put up some impressive numbers on first glance, but I’m not sure they hold up in the final analysis.
The Hogs have held three of their four opponents under 3.5 YPC, which is a pretty dominant showing, including holding UAPB to 0.3 YPC. However, in their most recent matchup, they allowed 5.6 YPC to Auburn, which got my gears turning.

The Tigers have padded their rushing statistics with nearly 10 YPC against Alabama A&M and 6.7 YPC against New Mexico; however, they were held to 4 YPC against California; which, on a sack-adjusted basis, is similar to the number that the Bears allowed to San Diego State.
I know it’s about matchups and the transitive property can be flawed, but the eye test, as well as some of these comparisons, tell me that the Arkansas run defense may have more issues than it may appear on first blush. If I’m right, then it could be another big day on the ground for the Agiges.  
Three reasons Texas A&M football defeats the Hogs: Taylen Green will crumble against Aggie defense
Green has been the toast of the town up in Fayetteville. Thanks to the dynamic pairing of he and Bobby Petrino, the Hogs have put up some huge offensive numbers, both through the air and on the ground.

However, there’s reason to be concerned with Green’s ability to make the required plays against the Aggies in this one. In two games against Power 4 competition, Green has passed for 7.4 YPA on 51% completion, 2 touchdowns, and three interceptions. Not exactly stellar numbers.
What’s more, the majority of that came against Oklahoma State, whose defense has not exactly been stellar so far this year. Against Auburn, Green only completed 43% of his passes for 5.4 YPA, 1 touchdown, and 2 interceptions.
I think the Aggie defense will have similar success against Green. Especially if they are able to bottle him up on the ground, this will be really tough sledding for the Arkansas offense. This is a chance for the Aggie defense to really show their dominance.
Three reasons Texas A&M football defeats the Hogs: A&M will continue turnover dominance
After the -2 to start the year against Notre Dame, Texas A&M football has really turned things around in the turnover department. Over the last three games, the A&M defense has created six turnovers, while the Aggie offense has only given it up once—late in the game against BGSU.
The Razorbacks, however, have had a proclivity for turnovers, giving the ball up six times themselves over their last three. The majority has come from Green throwing ill-advised passes, usually under pressure, so if the Aggie defensive line can get something going against that Arkansas front, then the A&M DBs could profit greatly.
I think this is a matchup that favors the Aggies. Winning the turnover margin more often than not means you win the game, so if the Aggies are able to capitalize the way I think they can, then they’ll be in a prime spot to take home the Southwest Classic trophy once again.

Next weeks edition should be great with cowbell.

What’s funny with that guy is he continues to say how easy the Texas schedule is. Thats odd, the last 15 years Alabama’s schedule has been easy. So has Georgia”s the last 5 years. Why?

Because they both were really f’ing good like Texas this year that’s why.

2 hours ago, VoteforHank said:

Dave Chappelle Dr GIF by Matthew Butler

12 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but strip clubs existed before 1980.

The silicon boom in Houston was one of the reasons Bottom-Line-Bud and the Oilers left Houston (too much?).

The explosion of “Gentleman’s Clubs” and the pull of the discretionary income from the 18-50 male demographic was huge, and the accompanying wave of stripper dance music was the result.

That’s my theory and I’m not changing it.