• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Longboard Horn

• Randolph Duke

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Aggy officially has a QB controversy.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/41619891/sources-texas-conner-weigman-game-call-vs-missouri

Texas A&M quarterback Conner Weigman's injured shoulder is improving and he is healthy enough where he's expected to dress and be available against No. 9 Missouri on Saturday, sources told ESPN.

After not dressing against last week against Arkansasand not playing since Sept. 7, Weigman has taken meaningful reps and improved enough where he will be back in uniform for the No. 25 Aggies, sources said.

The decision whether to start Weigman or Marcel Reed is a game-time one, per sources. Reed looms as the expected starter for the fourth straight game, according to sources, who cautioned that if Weigman is feeling 100% that there is a chance that he could resume his starting role.

ADVERTISING
Weigman’s participation has increased in practice this week after he was not cleared to play against Arkansas. With his activity in practice ramping up and with him available Saturday, a compelling decision at the quarterback position will loom for the Texas A&M coaching staff in the near future.

Weigman clearly earned the job out of camp as Texas A&M's best quarterback, which will factor into the staff's decision, sources said. Reed played at a high level against Florida and has been solid but unspectacular in the past two games.

Texas A&M gained just 297 total yards against Arkansas, as Reed went 11-for-22 and gained just 13 rushing yards on 10 carries. (He took three sacks, contributing to that low total.) Reed ran for 91 yards against Bowling Green but was 16-for-29 passing.

That came in the wake of an efficient performance against Florida, as Reed rushed for 83 yards and completed 11 of 17 passes. Texas A&M finished that game with 488 yards on offense.

The Texas A&M passing game has been inhibited by a pedestrian receiving corps, as Cyrus Allen is the team's leading receiver with 11 catches for 203 yards. Texas A&M's passing offense is No. 117 in the country and last in the SEC with 162 yards per game.

Weigman has been out since the second week of the season, as he injured the AC joint in his throwing shoulder in the season-opening loss to Notre Dame. He aggravated that injury in Week 2 against McNeese and has missed the three subsequent games.

Missouri wide receiver Marquis Johnson is a game-time decision as well, sources said. Johnson, who has been listed as questionable, has 12 catches for 117 yards this year for the Tigers.

Edited by lilMAC25

On 7/11/2024 at 10:08 AM, Tex Pete said:

The Bonham Trophy, "commissioned in 2013," is part of an annual tradition for a generation of Aggies? Their generations cover an extremely short time frame and must be easily entertained.

I have never heard of that trophy, and I am unaware of any South Carolina-A&M game that generated interest from anyone other than South Carolina or A&M fans. None of their games have ever had implications for anything other than the "SEC Champion of the state of South Carolina or Texas."

If they measure generations this way they can fuck their cousins like their Tenn brethren. Advantage Aggie.

11 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

It would be extremely disturbing to know that those weirdos had been in my room before I got there. I definitely wouldn't eat any of the snacks if I were Wease

Agree. They probably also did stupid shit like fart in the ice bucket and think that it's still going to stink when he gets there if you put the lid on it. 

Hey Aggy, if you don't want to be a little brother, stop acting like a little brother.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We had to suffer through miserable first seasons with Strong, Herman and Sark. Meanwhile Mike fucking Elko of all coaches hits the ground rolling (pun intended) at A&M.

It’s almost like a roller coaster climbing before some downhill crescendo 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, NAVY said:

It’s almost like a roller coaster climbing before some downhill crescendo 

I'm probably in the minority but I think it would be funny AF if aggy wins out till 11/30 then gets curbstomped to go 7-1 in the SEC but gets locked out because Texas & Alabama are meeting in Atlanta undefeated.

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We had to suffer through miserable first seasons with Strong, Herman and Sark. Meanwhile Mike fucking Elko of all coaches hits the ground rolling (pun intended) at A&M.

You do realize they have been suffering through Fran, Sherman, Sumlin, & Fisher right?

• Hook 'Em 2

Weigman didn't even throw a TD today. What a loser. 

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Nah, dude. Like always, they'll stumble against some other teams.

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can't wait for Goober Graham to have aggy #1 in the SEC rankings this week.

Bama struggling. Georgia and Ole Miss with recent loss. 

beating the vaunted Mizzou Tigers.  

Texas “didn’t play and this proved me right by not being able to beat anyone”. 

#1 with. Bullet. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

With Bama going down there is no doubt in my mind that Graham is going to have TAMU at #1.

Aggy is sitting at the top of the best damned conference ever where every week is just so tough! (Unless you’re on Texas’ schedule, that’s soft as heck)