• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Longboard Horn

• Randolph Duke

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, DoobieWah said:

Is it also embarrassing to wear band t-shirts?  

Asking for a friend. 

Band members don't wear jerseys.  You buy their concert t-shirts to say you're a fan and you were there.  Now, if you walked around dressed as Slash with a guitar strapped to your back...yeah, that would be embarrassing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

I would add 'wearing a jersey of your favorite player' to the list of things a grown man should never do.  

The limited exception I make is that one shouldn’t wear a jersey of someone who is younger than you. That ages you out of most players’ jerseys pretty quickly. 

31 minutes ago, nnm said:

The limited exception I make is that one shouldn’t wear a jersey of someone who is younger than you. That ages you out of most players’ jerseys pretty quickly. 

There are no adult male jersey options that aren't embarrassing.

If you are an adult male and you're wearing a jersey, there is an 80% chance that you live in Buffalo, New York and have a mustache.

Or, you're involved in a stadium parking lot fight in Dallas or Los Angeles.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

If you are an adult male and you're wearing a jersey, there is an 80% chance that you live in Buffalo, New York and have a mustache.

Cowboys fans are included 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I would proudly wear a Jackie Robinson jersey.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, DoobieWah said:

Is it also embarrassing to wear band t-shirts?  

Well, you never wear your OWN band's t-shirt.  Beyond that, there is a statute of limitations that kicks in if you're on stage and the band t-shirt in question is (a) iconic and (b) at least 15 years old, with bonus points for (c) simultaneously iconic and obscure.

For instance, you can wear a Naked Raygun or Corrosion of Conformity t-shirt these days, no problem.  If you wear a Styx t-shirt, you better have a ton of talent or swagger or both.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You have a bunch of jerseys with other dudes name on the back don’t you.

No, I’m also not an edgy 24 year old with hot takes on jerseys.

Basketball jerseys are worn at every pool in America. Hockey jerseys are cool too.

But look at all of you taking the last name of some other guy from literal birth.

On the one hand, I was bummed when TAMU beat Arky and Mizzou because I want TAMU to lose every game. 

On the other hand, sending the coaster into straight vertical ascent by beating a then-top 10 Mizzou right before a bye week is even better. 

They get an extra week to convince themselves that they’re CFP locks. It’ll be that much sweeter when at least two of MissSU, LSU, USCe, and Auburn beat them and set up UT to be the dagger at the end. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well, you never wear your OWN band's t-shirt.  Beyond that, there is a statute of limitations that kicks in if you're on stage and the band t-shirt in question is (a) iconic and (b) at least 15 years old, with bonus points for © simultaneously iconic and obscure.
For instance, you can wear a Naked Raygun or Corrosion of Conformity t-shirt these days, no problem.  If you wear a Styx t-shirt, you better have a ton of talent or swagger or both.

Is CoC (a) & (b) or (b) & ©?

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, you never wear your OWN band's t-shirt.  Beyond that, there is a statute of limitations that kicks in if you're on stage and the band t-shirt in question is (a) iconic and (b) at least 15 years old, with bonus points for (c) simultaneously iconic and obscure.

I wore my Stone's '75 t-shirt yesterday. (Yes, Hofheinz Pavillon, U of H campus) 

Today, one of my Springsteen shirts. Trying to decide who picked up the check, I offered, "..well, the less I do the more money I make." The blank stares I got back... I picked up the check.

Does that count as talent or swagger or both? Maybe.

Who the fuck where's a Styx shirt? 

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2024 at 1:23 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Unfortunately, the odds of the SEC runner-up missing the playoffs are essentially zero.

In this hypothetical, would the SEC runner up be in the playoffs if they have 3 losses (Notre Dame, Texas, Texas) and never played Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, or Tennessee?

Their best win in that case would be...I guess Missouri or LSU depending on how they finish. 

There's absolutely a chance that the committee makes the argument that A&M only made it to the CCG because they avoided the top teams in the conference.

Who gets in between let's say 2 loss Bama (Vandy, Tenn), 2 loss Georgia (Bama, Texas), 2 loss Ole Miss (UK, UGA), 1 loss Tenn (Ark), and 3 loss aggy?

Plus a 1-loss ND (that beat aggy), potential 1-2 loss Big 10 runner up, potential 1 loss Big 12 runner up...

Competition for that 11-12 seed (depending on G5 champion) is going to be crowded.

7 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

In this hypothetical, would the SEC runner up be in the playoffs if they have 3 losses (Notre Dame, Texas, Texas) and never played Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss, or Tennessee?

Their best win in that case would be...I guess Missouri or LSU depending on how they finish. 

There's absolutely a chance that the committee makes the argument that A&M only made it to the CCG because they avoided the top teams in the conference.

Who gets in between let's say 2 loss Bama (Vandy, Tenn), 2 loss Georgia (Bama, Texas), 2 loss Ole Miss (UK, UGA), 1 loss Tenn (Ark), and 3 loss aggy?

Plus a 1-loss ND (that beat aggy), potential 1-2 loss Big 10 runner up, potential 1 loss Big 12 runner up...

Competition for that 11-12 seed (depending on G5 champion) is going to be crowded.

Top 2 in TV ratings get in. As usual, aggy gets fucked on any tie-breaker bc fuck aggy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I would proudly wear a Jackie Robinson jersey.

Here are some stats from the last US Census about men who wear jerseys:

• You have a mustache 85%
  • You were an extra in the movie 'Invincible' 35%
  • There was a woman involved in your shoving match in the Cowboys Stadium parking lot 75%
  • You purchase Miller Lite on a regular basis 100%
  • You have a Tony Romo jersey 45%
  • You make the 9-hour drive from Oakland to watch the Raiders 55%
  • You use Weber briquettes for your 'barbecue' 100%
  • The player who wore your college football jersey played 37 years ago 76%
  • You live in Buffalo, New York 89%
  • To you, they're the 'New Jersey Giants' 75%
  • You think it's cool that no one knows the player's name of your Austin FC jersey 55%
  • Your Jackie Robinson 'vintage' jersey looks vaguely like wool but is a petroleum-based material 89%
  • You look ridiculous 100%
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Here are some stats from the last US Census about men who wear jerseys:

• You have a mustache 85%
  • You were an extra in the movie 'Invincible' 35%
  • There was a woman involved in your shoving match in the Cowboys Stadium parking lot 75%
  • You purchase Miller Lite on a regular basis 100%
  • You have a Tony Romo jersey 45%
  • You make the 9-hour drive from Oakland to watch the Raiders 55%
  • You use Weber briquettes for your 'barbecue' 100%
  • The player who wore your college football jersey played 37 years ago 76%
  • You live in Buffalo, New York 89%
  • To you, they're the 'New Jersey Giants' 75%
  • You think it's cool that no one knows the player's name of your Austin FC jersey 55%
  • Your Jackie Robinson 'vintage' jersey looks vaguely like wool but is a petroleum-based material 89%
  • You look ridiculous 100%

98 percent chance of being overweight or obese.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

I feel like I need to wear a jersey to counter all of those percentages except looking ridiculous. But I don’t need a jersey for that, anyway. 

If you're a post-pubescent male, dress like a respectable man.  And do not wear another man's name/number on your back.

Most grown men dress like retards.  Most women are not much better.  They do not take care of themselves or have any pride in how they present themselves to the world.  And it's gotten worse as I have gotten older.  Just too many trashy people on this planet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

If you're a post-pubescent male, dress like a respectable man.  And do not wear another man's name/number on your back.

Most grown men dress like retards.  Most women are not much better.  They do not take care of themselves or have any pride in how they present themselves to the world.  And it's gotten worse as I have gotten older.  Just too many trashy people on this planet.

I have no desire to dress like a “respectable” man. I mean, if someone wants to pay for my 39” sleeve custom shirts, maybe. Or 40” inseam slacks, maybe. It’s just too much of a pain in the ass to deal with all that all the time. But, honestly, who the fuck am I trying to impress?

I’ll get by with shorts and a breathable t-shirt 95% of the time. Add a sweatshirt if it gets cold. Switch to 13MWZ — at least I can find those long enough off the rack — if I need to. 

I’ll be fine presenting myself with three standard deviations worth of extra height and a 34” waist at my advanced fucking age. And maybe an Iron Maiden shirt if I feel like it. It’s worked out pretty damned well for me. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I have no desire to dress like a “respectable” man. I mean, if someone wants to pay for my 39” sleeve custom shirts, maybe. Or 40” inseam slacks, maybe. It’s just too much of a pain in the ass to deal with all that all the time. But, honestly, who the fuck am I trying to impress?

I’ll get by with shorts and a breathable t-shirt 95% of the time. Add a sweatshirt if it gets cold. Switch to 13MWZ — at least I can find those long enough off the rack — if I need to. 

I’ll be fine presenting myself with three standard deviations worth of extra height and a 34” waist at my advanced fucking age. And maybe an Iron Maiden shirt if I feel like it. It’s worked out pretty damned well for me. 

You also wear jerseys?

16 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

100% this a big problem in this country. When my older daughter was in high school, there were wealthy Mexican families (who had moved to Austin to escape the crazy) and they would throw HS parties. All the American teenage boys would show up in shorts and jerseys. The Mexican teenage boys looked so much more respectable in dress pants and jackets. It was embarrassing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

You also wear jerseys?

No. Nike Dri-fit or the like for t-shirts and about 10 pairs of black Under Armour shorts. Burnt orange t-shirt with a white logo when I go to games, like tomorrow. 

I’m not here to impress anyone but I’ll wear jeans if I need to and slacks if I really, really need to. The last time I wore the latter was probably at the GF’s work Christmas party, but she died so I won’t need to do that again this year. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I'm glad you take care of your health, but it doesn't change the fact that this country is full of people who live slovenly, obese lives. For such a prideful country, we sure have a lot of people who take no pride in their appearance. I'm grateful my wife is still a smokeshow who wears killer dresses to work.     

• Hook 'Em 2