• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Longboard Horn

• Randolph Duke

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

16 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Eat a dick.  

Before I moved away from Texas, I would go weeks where I would wear nothing but running shorts and baseball jerseys.  

Baseball jerseys are dope as hell. Those are the only jerseys that are acceptable. Love those things.i had a Griffey Jr. jersey that I worse the fuck out of. Loved it. I also have a Trout and Harper jersey with them autographed, but obviously I don't wear them. 

My white whale is an Ohtani jersey. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Like 1

Surly dress code talk not going away

A virtual place that openly defies conventional rules of decorum yet populated by defenders of the dress code of their youth

Yesterday's mores regarding dress are fading away. I have an annual meeting which features occasions for black tie and for formal dress, but other than that, I rarely wear a suit and tie, let alone tux or tailcoat. In my circle, people wear scrubs to work even when that work is in an office setting.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, South Austin said:

You said elevator, now you're changing your story.  Very suspicious.  

On the other hand, it explains the eye-level ass cheeks better than assuming Drebin is a dwarf  a midget a little man a small person vertically challenged . Or that the cheeky one was twelve feet tall and could still get in an elevator... 

33 minutes ago, justinjc7 said:

It's not the people who wear jerseys, but rather the grown men who care about and judge what other grown men wear that are the real losers here.  I'm sure we haven't yet run out of things to ridicule Aggy about, how bout y'all geriatrics go yell at clouds somewhere else?

I think I'm going to keep judging men's outfits and I'm going to assume every other man that's judging other men's outfits has the same outcome in mind as me.  #1, do I want to see said man without the outfit?  #2, do I not want to see said main without the outfit.  If #1 = True, then good outfit.  If #2 = True, then bad outfit.  By the way 9 men out of 10 are terrible dressers (and I'm guessing 9.9 out of 10 here), based on this criteria.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I think I'm going to keep judging men's outfits and I'm going to assume every other man that's judging other men's outfits has the same outcome in mind as me.  #1, do I want to see said man without the outfit?  #2, do I not want to see said main without the outfit.  If #1 = True, then good outfit.  If #2 = True, then bad outfit.  By the way 9 men out of 10 are terrible dressers (and I'm guessing 9.9 out of 10 here), based on this criteria.

I once had a student tell me that she knew I wasn't gay because I didn't dress well enough.  

4 hours ago, justinjc7 said:

It's not the people who wear jerseys, but rather the grown men who care about and judge what other grown men wear that are the real losers here.  I'm sure we haven't yet run out of things to ridicule Aggy about, how bout y'all geriatrics go yell at clouds somewhere else?

Thanks for your input, aggy.

11 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Here are some stats from the last US Census about men who wear jerseys:

• You have a mustache 85%
  • You were an extra in the movie 'Invincible' 35%
  • There was a woman involved in your shoving match in the Cowboys Stadium parking lot 75%
  • You purchase Miller Lite on a regular basis 100%
  • You have a Tony Romo jersey 45%
  • You make the 9-hour drive from Oakland to watch the Raiders 55%
  • You use Weber briquettes for your 'barbecue' 100%
  • The player who wore your college football jersey played 37 years ago 76%
  • You live in Buffalo, New York 89%
  • To you, they're the 'New Jersey Giants' 75%
  • You think it's cool that no one knows the player's name of your Austin FC jersey 55%
  • Your Jackie Robinson 'vintage' jersey looks vaguely like wool but is a petroleum-based material 89%
  • You look ridiculous 100%

The penultimate one would be true. The last one is debatable. None of the others apply in the least.

I read the Jackie Robinson book when  I was a kid and have looked up to him ever since. I stand by my statement.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Same.  My wife is still smoke at age 46.  She weighs the same as she did the day we got married.  So do I (admittedly, I had gotten out of shape a few years ago after a rough spot in life but have worked hard to be in almost as good shape as I was in my 20s).

You do not have to spend a bunch of money to look decent.  Eat mostly lean proteins and plants and minimize sugar and carbs.  Do at least moderate cardio and resistance training.  Know how to use an iron if you can't afford dry cleaners. Wear clean clothes that fit and that are appropriate for whatever you are doing at the moment.

Most adults walk around like absolute slobs with no pride.

Was refreshing last night to see the opposite last night at the Episcopal - St. John's football game.  Grown ups almost exclusively that didn't dress like the trash you see at pro football games.

6 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

You know who sucks worse than slobs wearing jerseys? People who brag about their hot wife without posting pics.

rules.gif.4989e473db77e79849902bd888a23b2d.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, horn009 said:

I love that they seem to be getting their hopes up. That will make the win against them in November all the more satisfying. Texags will definitely be must-read material after the game. 

Hey man, not to be that guy but you should be fucking talking about jerseys. I mean, seriously, tell us how you feel about how men dress. 

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

12 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I read the Jackie Robinson book when  I was a kid and have looked up to him ever since. I stand by my statement.

Reading up about Jackie Robinson jersey for sale on eBay. Many sellers claim to be selling 'authentic Jackie Robinson jerseys for $600-$900. They are manufactured by Cooperstown Collection, so guess they are authentic reproductions, as opposed to knock-off authentic reproductions. it gets very confusing. An actual authentic 1951 Jackie Robinson Brooklyn Dodger jersey sold for $576K in 2019.

Apologies to everyone for the jersey talk. Here is one of my fave Aggy posts:

Aggies-NY-TIMES.jpg  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/10/2024 at 3:39 PM, TreatyOak said:

I would add 'wearing a jersey of your favorite player' to the list of things a grown man should never do.  

Bitch please I will wear my Mitchell & Ness 1980 Earl Campbell jersey until the day I fucking die.

The number of scrub ass clowns who have ever said a word to me about it? 0

The number of people who come up to me and tell me how they loved Earl and/or the Oilers? IDK I lost count

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I don't really worry about it.  It is just unsightly to look at.  Example -- I was riding up the elevator at NRG on Sunday eye level with some Mike Elko-sized white trash woman's cottage cheese ass cheeks hanging out of her cut offs that were about 4 sizes to small.  There were countless other revolting eye sores.

Disgust and wondering where society went off the rails is more the emotion. 

Yeah, you just can't unsee shit like that and the same five words reverberate through my head every time: 'Jesus, lady--cover it up.'

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Bitch please I will wear my Mitchell & Ness 1980 Earl Campbell jersey until the day I fucking die.

The number of scrub ass clowns who have ever said a word to me about it? 0

The number of people who come up to me and tell me how they loved Earl and/or the Oilers? IDK I lost count

Surly-Remi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5