• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Longboard Horn

• Randolph Duke

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Seems to be originally from Columbia, SC, and maybe attended grad school there. A few Facebook pics of him in A&M gear from what probably would have been his undergrad era. Looks like he also worked for a campus-centered Christian network if everything is accurate. But there's just enough to make it look convincing and not enough consistent, long-term record to make me fully buy in.

So I'm leaning this way: 51 percent real, 49 percent troll.  But 110 percent entertaining.

There is a 3rd option if he's not a Kirk Bohls or @Beau Vine sock.

He's a freelance writer who spent time in College Station and knows them from SC time. Is familiar with their "needs" and just feeds the roller-coaster, collects a paycheck and gets the "paper" a lot of clicks from here and aggie.

It's a fucking really solid business plan and he's a fucking master at the game.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, markstanco said:

Cowbell is hot garbage.  They will win by double digits.  We all want the coaster to peak after Mizzou and go down Saturday, but it wont happen this weekend.  

I quoted the tweet because of the 2nd sentence not because I expect Mississippi State to pull off the upset.  It's about him hyping the omen of winning in Starkville == Aggy all time great SEC team.

Just now, markstanco said:

Cowbell is hot garbage.  They will win by double digits.  We all want the coaster to peak after Mizzou and go down Saturday, but it wont happen this weekend.  

Who knows, maybe they’re figuring things out under a new coach. They frustrated us and Georgia for a little while on the road, maybe they can pull something off at home. I’d bet on them to beat bowling green with Van Buren at QB, aggy is not that much better than BG.

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It is October and this is a prime game for ATM to shit all over themselves in.

It would be the most aggy thing to do and I fully expect them to have a regression to the mean but I still think they win.

The LSU game seems like the prime end of October swoon esp since it seems like coonass D is finally improving

Edited by Pimphand

2 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Time to sign Elko to a $200 million extension for beating Missouri.  Do it before the shine wears off!

And add on a few more thousand to Jimbo too, just for good luck. 

I'll never get over Jimbo being run out of town! PLEASE come back!!!

• Haha 1

Cross posted from: Sub-Educated Cretins: The SEC screenshot mega-thread thread.

On 10/13/2024 at 9:27 PM, Fondren & Main said:

I take the dignifying them in ass route.  Metaphorically speaking.  I’ve got a whole lot of hate and resentment that’s built up these last few years.

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

My dislike for A&M is eternal.

The best running back in the history of my HS choose not to go to Texas, for a very good reason. He went to A&M, and we were lifelong friends, until his passing. May he RIP. Ironically, the reason he didn't go to Texas is similar to the reason for my post.

1975 was #2 A&M v. #5 Texas, in College Station. Marty Akins (Texas QB) was coming off a knee injury from 2 week prior. On Texas's first play, Pat Thomas (A&M DB) came in like a missile and put his helmet directly on Akins' knee, taking him out of the game. Game over.

This is an old post from Hornsfans:

hamhorn
Nov 5, 2009

"FireRC, there' no history of the Aggies intentionally trying to injure Texas players?

Ask those of us who watched Jackie Williams take a dirty shot to Roosevelt Leaks' knee, putting him on the ground and out of the game during the 1973 game at Kyle Field. He said in the dressing room afterward "God help me for doing that. I was just so fired up".

Two years later, I was sitting on my Aggie father-in-law's 40 yard line seats when early in the game Pat Thomas took Marty Akins out with a cheap shot. All the Aggies sitting around me stood up and cheered.

Please don't come over here with descriptions of your people as being good sports. Whatever y'all can do to beat "t.u." is considered "good bull", from selling your souls to hire Jackie Sherrill to desecrating Memorial Stadium ( a stadium dedicated to all Texas war dead, including Aggies).

It's not for nothing that we call y'all dirty cheaters."

Aggy personified is at 35:08 of the video.

For damn near 50 years, I have never apologized for my beliefs towards A&M, and I'm not sure what might ever change that.

I'm asking if one of you sleuths can make a video or screen grab, of find something in the archives, to memorialize it and to provide others one more data point validating the history and depth of Aggy transgressions.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by PTINS
typo. text.

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I quoted the tweet because of the 2nd sentence not because I expect Mississippi State to pull off the upset.  It's about him hyping the omen of winning in Starkville == Aggy all time great SEC team.

"Did you see what them there Bull dogs of Mississippi did going to Georgia?!? And we beat them by 15, instead of 10 like Georgia!  We are so good.  How much are them there tickets to Atlanta?!? Better get them now!"

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

It would be the most aggy thing to do and I fully expect them to have a regression to the mean but I still think they win.

The LSU game seems like the prime end of October swoon esp since it seems like coonass D is finally improving

Agreed they win this game and are riding on cloud nine...dreaming of knocking off undefeated Texas in their "tahj mahal" of a stajum after Thanksgiving.

A loss to LSU would absolutely destroy that fan base...only for Texas to nail their playoff hopes door shut.

12 minutes ago, TexasTroll said:

I have a 3rd cousin on my aunties side high up in the aggy Locker room who has told me the elk has also ran off all the pre Duran Duran’s….

My best friend's cousin's father-in-law is the janitor in the TAMU training facility.  He said it was actually the pre-Maradona guys that Elko ran off.  He can't stand those soccer guys who call their sport "football."

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.si.com/college-football/forde-yard-dash-how-college-football-playoff-seeding-will-play-out

Pat Forde says we're gonna beat the Ags twice and then set up a 3rd match if they can go to South Bend and win (not likely I know)

No. 1 seed: Texas (SEC champion)
No. 2: Oregon (Big Ten champion)
No. 3: Clemson (ACC champion)
No. 4: Iowa State (Big 12 champion)
No. 5: Ohio State 
No. 6: Penn State
No. 7: Georgia 
No. 8: Notre Dame
No. 9: Texas A&M
No. 10: LSU
No. 11: Miami
No. 12: Boise State

First round: Notre Dame/Texas A&M winner

Second round: Iowa State/Ohio State/Boise State winner (I would swap Oregon for Ohio State because Indianapolis vs Autzen)

Champ game: Oregon/Clemson/Penn State/Georgia/LSU/Miami winner

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

https://www.si.com/college-football/forde-yard-dash-how-college-football-playoff-seeding-will-play-out

Pat Forde says we're gonna beat the Ags twice and then set up a 3rd match if they can go to South Bend and win (not likely I know)

Second round: Iowa State/Ohio State/Boise State winner (I would swap Oregon for Ohio State because Indianapolis vs Autzen)

4 SEC teams in the CFP, and none of them named Alabama?

Just now, Horndog said:

4 SEC teams in the CFP, and none of them named Alabama?

It's feasible not sure it's likely but honestly if A&M beats LSU and LSU beats Alabama and both win the remainder of their SEC games they will both be in the CFP even dumb dumb 3 loss A&M because SEC runner up vs SEC team that lost two regular season games including Vandy.

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

It's feasible not sure it's likely but honestly if A&M beats LSU and LSU beats Alabama and both win the remainder of their SEC games they will both be in the CFP even dumb dumb 3 loss A&M because SEC runner up vs SEC team that lost two regular season games including Vandy.

The following is not a hot take, or a bold prediction.  TAMU will lose at least two of the next five games, to MissSU, LSU, USCe, or AU.  They are not going to be in the CFP.  They've had one 10-win season this century.  Their overall historical record is mediocrity, in the 8-4 range.  They will even out to their mean.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nnm said:

The following is not a hot take, or a bold prediction.  TAMU will lose at least two of the next five games, to MissSU, LSU, USCe, or AU.  They are not going to be in the CFP.  They've had one 10-win season this century.  Their overall historical record is mediocrity, in the 8-4 range.  They will even out to their mean.   

Take this to Josh Pate and make it your bold prediction and he will give it 9.9 since he thinks it will not happen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

I don’t think I could survive Texas beating A&M in the regular season, beating them in the SEC championship game, and then knocking them out of the playoffs on the way to a national championship. I’m willing to risk it, though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

I'd take 10.5 if any aggy offered it to me.

StarkVegas, baby!

image.png.ea820a4a204ded47d6ddf6ffe0d9869b.png

Edited by DFW Horn

6 hours ago, nnm said:

My best friend's cousin's father-in-law is the janitor in the TAMU training facility.  He said it was actually the pre-Maradona guys that Elko ran off.  He can't stand those soccer guys who call their sport "football."

Well, we know he ain’t running off the pre-marinaras.

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I don’t think I could survive Texas beating A&M in the regular season, beating them in the SEC championship game, and then knocking them out of the playoffs on the way to a national championship. I’m willing to risk it, though. 

true romance smile GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Reality seems to always escape the indoctrinated. Hanging their hat on a good win vs a mediocre Mizzou team.

Hook’em!!!

You are forgetting their CHAMPIONSHIP CALIBER loss against a Notre Dame juggernaut, sip.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Pimphand said:

image.thumb.png.dc9eb08d2d56dd7fdd2e60a2eed2ebb9.png

After winning in Starkvegas on Saturday the Elk will be off to the greatest start in Texas A&M history! He's on his way to surpassing Slocum, Norton, Bible, Sherrill, Sumlin, Bellard, Fisher, & Bryant all rolled into one stupid sips!

7 of their 10 top winning % coaches are from 1903-1928, the golden age of Aggie football.

Real men back then, no pussy things like helmets or co-eds.  

25 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

7 of their 10 top winning % coaches are from 1903-1928, the golden age of Aggie football.

Real men back then, no pussy things like helmets or co-eds.  

Back when things didn't count, what with their being an all-male millaterry colludge.