• Replies 78.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Longboard Horn

• Randolph Duke

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe40fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe4

I'm not even going to bother posting his rankings this week because he benefitted from Busted Clock Syndrome.  Instead, let's go with one of his classics:

image.png.d4c27a889732ab9fd0aab425a2f28f99.png

Why Jim Schlossnagle isn’t leaving Texas A&M baseball for the Texas Longhorns
In the aftermath of Texas A&M baseball’s heartbreaking loss to the Tennessee Volunteers last night, Aggie fans were rudely treated to another round of the rumor mill about Jim Schlossnagle potentially leaving College Station for Austin. Those rumors have continued to swirl today, bolstered by moderators on Texas websites becoming confident that Schloss is their guy.

Of course, these are the same people that were convinced that Nick Saban was assuredly coming to Austin after Mack Brown completed his tenure with a whimper, complete with a regal procession of five-star prospects. In other words, we’d best take what these “insiders” have to say with a grain of salt, and use some common sense.

I know that’s a rare commodity when we’re talking about the Longhorns, but it is a necessary exercise. There may be some among us credulous enough to believe—simply because they WANT to—that a coach coming off of a national championship berth signed a contract for a different job on the team plane back from Omaha, but I’d hope most of my readership wouldn’t be so easily hoodwinked.

All that said—and I know my predictions haven’t exactly been on point as of late—but here are three solid reasons that there’s no way Jim Schlossnagle takes the job in Austin.

Why Jim Schlossnagle isn’t leaving Texas A&M baseball: Upgrade incoming
Did we all forget so soon about the huge renovations planned for the baseball complex? Schloss has been banging the drum for these upgrades all season, and he is finally getting to see them come to fruition here pretty presently.

Texas A&M baseball is about to boast the best baseball facilities in the SEC, and maybe the country. The money is there, and it’s bound to happen in short order. There’s no way that Schloss spent all season building up to this, just to peace out once the goal is almost achieved.

This is especially true when the program trying to poach him uses a turf field and has stadiums literally filled with trash. Not the same!

Why Jim Schlossnagle isn’t leaving Texas A&M baseball: Doesn’t want to rebuild again
I get the whole thing about the transfer portal making things easier in this day and age, but the Longhorns are in a bad way with really nowhere to go. Conversely, the Aggies are in a great spot—they are literally coming off of a national championship appearance, returning two of their three best hitters, and bringing in several highly-recruited transfers and freshmen.

These are two programs with arrows pointed in diametrically opposed directions. The Aggies are trending positively, and the Longhorns are on a steady decline. Why leave one spot for another in these conditions?

The fact is that Schloss has worked his tail off in these three years to get this program to where it needs to be to compete for a national championship. The run two years ago was great, but that team wasn’t able to really threaten. Now, the Aggies are on the verge of being a perennial contender, and he has everything he could want. That’s just not how it would be at Texas, with the toxicity and pressure surrounding their athletic department.

Why Jim Schlossnagle isn’t leaving Texas A&M baseball: Chris Del Conte’s sneakiness
We’ve all heard that Schloss and Chris Del Conte, the Texas AD, are apparently supposed to be good friends from their time at TCU. The thought goes that it is this connection that will buoy the Longhorns’ chances here.

If that’s so, there’s something I don’t get. Why in the world would the Longhorns announce the firing of David Pierce, assuming that Schloss would be their guy, on the biggest day of Schloss’s career? That seems like a pretty underhanded thing to do to the man that you’re banking on coming to Austin.

Schloss seemed upset about the question being asked last night, and gave an emphatic denial. That would not have happened if it were not for the fact that Pierce’s firing was announced on the day of the College World Series final. 

That’s just not something that lines up with the idea that these two guys are supposed to be great friends. That’s certainly an odd way to manifest your friendship—making a bid to steal the limelight from the guy you supposedly have in waiting while he’s supposed to be leading a team on a championship bid. I don’t buy it.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

In the aggy subreddit, they have posted about the bottle throwing incident at least 3x the amount of the Longhorn subreddit.

Its one of those things you expect but when you see it, it reminds you how focused they are on things like dude cheerleaders, dog cemetaries, and jizz jars.

I have never seen or heard of anyone in our stadium spitting on opposing fans, yet it happened enough at A&M that it became a huge story when they played Prairie View (yeah, seriously, WTF was A&M playing an FCS school with a putrid football team?!). IF it happened, I would expect our fans would shut that shit down post haste. But at A&M, it did happen because their fans are shitty and I am sure it was OK because PV is those people.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Got damn, I wish he could get my preggers!!! Look at the grace, the poise. The sheer sex that oozes out of the best meat judging mutha fucka on the planet!!! He's on his phone, lining up all the ho's. The dude is a walking sex and meat judging machine.

Huh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

Got damn, I wish he could get my preggers!!! Look at the grace, the poise. The sheer sex that oozes out of the best meat judging mutha fucka on the planet!!! He's on his phone, lining up all the ho's. The dude is a walking sex and meat judging machine.

stop-it-get-some-help-254578-1.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

It was 4:20 pm in Amsterdam when you posted this.

It feels apropos even at 9:20 am Texas time.

• Haha 1