• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

A friend of mine reminded me that Elko is 46. That is a brutal 46. 

Wait, what? I no shit had to look his age up. I would have said Elko was a rough 56. 

*Note to self: entry #1 in the 2025 dead pool = Elko, M.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is a staggering fact. Is he living on pastrami marinated in Yoohoo, beer and Funyons? Maybe Duke navy blue is just very flattering, but I don't recall him looking this haggard last season.

Karen Key Elko, imo.

• Hook 'Em 6

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Was looking for older players highlights, and stumbled on to this...

Texas at Texas A&M: 1995 The Last SWC Game

“Oh yea?!? In modern rules all those hits would be targeting.” 
advantage aggy. 

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't realize he had died, and from ALS.  It sure seems that disease disproportionately affects while male athletes and coaches.

There was a conspiracy theory floating around a few years back that it was connected with fertilizers / insecticides used on football and baseball fields.  If I remember right, there was an even more disproportionately high number of former San Francisco athletes that came down with ALS, all that  played at the old Candlestick Park.

There was a conspiracy theory floating around a few years back that it was connected with fertilizers / insecticides used on football and baseball fields.  If I remember right, there was an even more disproportionately high number of former San Francisco athletes that came down with ALS, all that  played at the old Candlestick Park.

That’s pretty interesting, never heard of that in San Fran.

I went there on a sales call for some FR clothing the year before it closed. What a terrible place it was, I couldn’t believe it would pass any kind of electrical or structural code especially in CA, and they were playing there one more year.

On 6/9/2024 at 6:56 AM, closetojumping said:

No fucking way. Thats the same age as me, and while I’m not in shape, I’m also not a fucking thumb.

• Haha 7

17 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

IMG_1022.jpeg

What’s funny is in most LatAm countries the “Horns Up” gesture is basically telling someone their wife is being fucked by someone who else. 

Pinky/Index fingers are “spread legs” while knuckles of middle and ring finger are the guys ass. 

Maybe they were calling the Brazilian fans a bunch of “Jimbo Fishers”

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

What’s funny is in most LatAm countries the “Horns Up” gesture is basically telling someone their wife is being fucked by someone who else. 

Pinky/Index fingers are “spread legs” while knuckles of middle and ring finger are the guys ass. 

You stretched that wider than jimbo's wife's hole.

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

User name, check.

One should remember, so close to the D-Day activities/memorials this past week, that Hitler was storming through Poland the last time aggy won a NC.

My Dad, in his 80’s, wasn’t even born yet!

Hook’em!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

A close family friend was a prof at 'bama and had Joe Namath as a student.  Joe was apparently a very good quarterback.

Back then, freshmen couldn't play Varsity, so there was a full freshman team. At 'Bama they roomed together alphabetically, and one of my best friends was his roomie. Namath was from Beaver Falls PA, so of course he needed a nickname from the Deep South. My buddy came up with Joe Willie and it stuck pretty good. Buddy said Joe Willie didn't spend a heck of a lot of nights in their room, but that was partly because buddy snored like a motherfucker - at least that's what The Bear chose to believe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

That's Ernie Koy's dad, Ernie Koy Sr. I think he was both football and baseball all star, team captain, played pro baseball. Ernie Jr. was a great RB for us at the time I was at Texas, including the '63 MNC. Beat Joe Namath and 'Bama in the uhhh '65 (I think) Orange Bowl, with an 80-yard TD. Ernie was still with us a few years ago, don't think I've seen an obit on him. Ernie Sr made it to 97.

It was the EZ stop by Nobis and others that beat Bama in the 64(season) ‘65 Orange Bowl. That picture is all over the internet.

Hook’em!!!