• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

It was the EZ stop by Nobis and others that beat Bama in the 64(season) ‘65 Orange Bowl. That picture is all over the internet.

The story was that someone - and I think not Nobis - told his teammates that Namath had snapped it on two every play so far, so they figured even if they were offside, the ball was so close to the goal line that they'd only get a one foot penalty. The entire  defense jumped on two, and they were right. Nobody on 'Bama got into the end zone. Final was 21-17, I believe.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

CSB - my Dad took my son and I to the Athletic Alumni Breakfast prior to the Baylor game (with RG3). I bought my son a Longhorn autograph book to work the room and get autographs, as he was a youngster.

After the buffet line, we found my Dad at a table with some teammates from the early ‘60s. Nobis and D McWilliams were both there, to include Ed Padgett, who would be inducted into the Ring of Honor during halftime.

I told my son to get his book out and get all of these guys and then “work” the room. He hesitated and then told me, “But these are all old guys. You told me we were eating breakfast with the Longhorns!”

After passing his book around the table, I convinced him to go get Roger Clemens’ autograph, as he’d heard of him.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Back then, freshmen couldn't play Varsity, so there was a full freshman team. At 'Bama they roomed together alphabetically, and one of my best friends was his roomie. Namath was from Beaver Falls PA, so of course he needed a nickname from the Deep South. My buddy came up with Joe Willie and it stuck pretty good. Buddy said Joe Willie didn't spend a heck of a lot of nights in their room, but that was partly because buddy snored like a motherfucker - at least that's what The Bear chose to believe.

Had a sales manager that was on the Bama squad at the same time and he had a million great stories about Namath and Bear. He said reporters were messing with Joe about his academics and he countered with something like " I'm going to take Journalism classes because they have to be pretty easy" and was so freaking charismatic that they ate it up. 

Also told me Auburn was an acronym for Alabama Usually Beats Us Red Necks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, n64ra said:

I'd like to see that fella's 2022 aggy prediction...

Doubt he’s updated anything but the opponents for a while now, seeing that he still thinks the standalone Cotton Bowl will be an option. A Creighton-aggy double cult member is a truly terrifying image.

• Hook 'Em 2

Nobis, Koy, the list goes on and on. As a preteen I grew up with these folks. These are the players that first turned my blood burnt orange. Shout out though to my all-time hero the legend from Bridge City Texas. You old farts know who I am talking about :)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Nobis, Koy, the list goes on and on. As a preteen I grew up with these folks. These are the players that first turned my blood burnt orange. Shout out though to my all-time hero the legend from Bridge City Texas. You old farts know who I am talking about :)

Woo-Woo, baby. RIP.

• Hook 'Em 2

That's Ernie Koy's dad, Ernie Koy Sr. I think he was both football and baseball all star, team captain, played pro baseball. Ernie Jr. was a great RB for us at the time I was at Texas, including the '63 MNC. Beat Joe Namath and 'Bama in the uhhh '65 (I think) Orange Bowl, with an 80-yard TD. Ernie was still with us a few years ago, don't think I've seen an obit on him. Ernie Sr made it to 97.

Didn’t know you were old enough to be there for that. You don’t act old, that’s for sure.

On 6/10/2024 at 6:34 PM, Tex Long said:

That's Ernie Koy's dad, Ernie Koy Sr. I think he was both football and baseball all star, team captain, played pro baseball. Ernie Jr. was a great RB for us at the time I was at Texas, including the '63 MNC. Beat Joe Namath and 'Bama in the uhhh '65 (I think) Orange Bowl, with an 80-yard TD. Ernie was still with us a few years ago, don't think I've seen an obit on him. Ernie Sr made it to 97.

it's been 25 years since the last Bellville Koy was on the 40

https://www.texaslsn.org/the-koys

aggy follows recruiting religiously because it provides fuel for their constant need for validation, so the know rosters, they know what they have right now, which is a stoops-approved bag of dicks

so how did the exodus over the past 2 years transmogrify in to "we're loaded" and "we have plenty of talent"?

it's beyond the normal clickity-clack

• Hook 'Em 1

aggy follows recruiting religiously because it provides fuel for their constant need for validation, so the know rosters, they know what they have right now, which is a stoops-approved bag of dicks
so how did the exodus over the past 2 years transmogrify in to "we're loaded" and "we have plenty of talent"?
it's beyond the normal clickity-clack
Bro, do you even Looch? He and his cohorts have been fleecing their fellow aggy for decades now with sunshine pumping. That's why the typical aggy is unable to separate what their eyes tell them from the fantasies they want to believe. The reality is they have just enough talent left (and baby shit soft schedule) to give them hope the Elk is building an SEC juggernaut, I think 2025 is when the coaster truly takes a dive.

19 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

*only time

Sir, you are mistaken.  aggy has won so many championships that they forgot to put them all up on the stadium wall originally.

Before:

image.png.8d6edd9334978f13bf82cbec0e408fe1.png

After:

image.png.096fffbc3b71cfc2e0ef6f9bf2dedf3a.png

• Haha 1