• Replies 73.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Didn’t aggy laugh at us for selling beer….then turn right around and start selling after it was approved by the secsec?

Are you speaking of the “mind numbing effects of alcohol”?
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, royiv said:

Hmmm. I have season tickets at Amon Carter and go to 3-4 games per season. I would love to know where one can find one of these $3 beers. They do have a pregame “happy hour” special one hour before kickoff and even that’s $5 IIRC.

Look for the meister brau tent

image.png.7f94b1b2339609f308e654fd1d03852e.png

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Seeing reports that aggy RB Darrin Lewis passed away last night after a bout with cancer. Dude was a stud in college. Was serving a 27-year sentence for armed robbery when he was released due to his cancer fight.

He was good. And they were cheating.

Still, I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. RIP.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Seeing reports that aggy RB Darrin Lewis passed away last night after a bout with cancer. Dude was a stud in college. Was serving a 27-year sentence for armed robbery when he was released due to his cancer fight.

Another one that ran out of time?

…I know I’m going to hell but you mfers are coming with me.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

We beat his Dallas Carter team 17-14 my junior year in HS.  Carter was REALLY poorly coached then and they did absolutely nothing other than Lewis busting 2 80-yard runs.  

Kinda surprised he's still alive.  You have to be a real coke fiend to flunk a test at the NFL combine.

18 hours ago, deft said:

Are you speaking of the “mind numbing effects of alcohol”?

Here's the quip from John "Not Very" Sharp, and then the story of tbe SEC approval of alcohol sales. Pay close attention to the dates of the articles 

Screenshot_20240621-143518_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240621-143630_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240621-143518_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240621-143630_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Do NOT trash Johnny Winter. Great blues player. This bag hag could not hold a candle to his talent.

Amen, brother. Check out "Be Careful With A Fool" from Winter's second album. Originally recorded and released by B.B. King in 1957, Winter nails it in his '69 version. BTW, that wasn't Johnny in that picture; that was Edgar. 

Another BTW: Tommy Shannon, Stevie's great bass player, was with Johnny on the above recording. Killer good.

Oh, were we talking about football??? Sorry . . .

Edited by Royale with cheese
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

You can tell that guy at the end who is with his daughter I presume feels out of place and wants to GTFO.   I’m glad none of my kids went to aggy although one flirted with going to Grad school there.   

My first csb: Oldest sister went to aggy. Was there during the end of Farmer Fran, beginning of Sherman eras. She was a 2%er and the only time she ever went back to aggyland was when my stepbrother graduated. That was almost 10 years ago. Stepbrother only went there because he was offered a full ride scholarship and was also a 2%er. Has not returned to aggyland since graduation and has no reason to ever go back. He hated a lot of those turditions. Freshman year he told me his then girlfriend dragged him to midnight yell once(he was there during the Manziel years) and he thought it was the stupidest thing ever and a waste of time. To quote my brother: "So instead of hanging out at the bars at Northgate or going on a "real" date, we go yell in the stadium at midnight? Fucking retarded." 

Second csb: My youngest brother's best friend in high school got a scholarship offer to TCU. Instead, his aggy honk dad made him turn it down and told him he was going to aggy to be in the corps. When the kid protested saying he didn't want to do that or enroll at aggy because he didn't feel like he belonged there, his dad told him tough shit along with something like, "I was in the corps and so were your older brothers, cousins, uncles and both of your grandfathers so this is what we do. You don't have a choice." Last time I heard, the kid hated his college experience and was trying to find any way to get the fuck out of aggyland. Also resents his dad for forcing him to join the corps. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

My first csb: Oldest sister went to aggy. Was there during the end of Farmer Fran, beginning of Sherman eras. She was a 2%er and the only time she ever went back to aggyland was when my stepbrother graduated. That was almost 10 years ago. Stepbrother only went there because he was offered a full ride scholarship and was also a 2%er. Has not returned to aggyland since graduation and has no reason to ever go back. He hated a lot of those turditions. Freshman year he told me his then girlfriend dragged him to midnight yell once(he was there during the Manziel years) and he thought it was the stupidest thing ever and a waste of time. To quote my brother: "So instead of hanging out at the bars at Northgate or going on a "real" date, we go yell in the stadium at midnight? Fucking retarded." 

Second csb: My youngest brother's best friend in high school got a scholarship offer to TCU. Instead, his aggy honk dad made him turn it down and told him he was going to aggy to be in the corps. When the kid protested saying he didn't want to do that or enroll at aggy because he didn't feel like he belonged there, his dad told him tough shit along with something like, "I was in the corps and so were your older brothers, cousins, uncles and both of your grandfathers so this is what we do. You don't have a choice." Last time I heard, the kid hated his college experience and was trying to find any way to get the fuck out of aggyland. Also resents his dad for forcing him to join the corps. 

The second scenario is more common than many aggy would admit.  A couple my childhood friends fit this big time.  They were both brothers and had three siblings that went aggy too and mother and father were hardcore aggy grads, post grad.  Father was actually a top administrator at the aggy extension agency here in Corpus.  Anyhow the two brothers were not crazy about going, but because they basically got a free ride they went.  

• Like 3