• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

28 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

My wife was in Spring last weekend visiting her twin sis (no pics). She told me how the aggy BIL made a total ass of himself after they won game 1 by drunkenly screaming, whooping & cursing at the moon from his backyard. He's friends with most of his neighbors & everyone's known him to be a drunken, loud buffoon over the years.

I'm wondering what got destroyed by him throwing it in their pool last night after the loss?

Hopefully not your sister-in-law.

18 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Immortality? Really? 1 CWS would make you immortal now? What are we, God?

Yes, I just checked the rule book. One aggy title = immortality. I tried to verify how many Longhorn titles = immortality, but it was undefined. I'll have to check with the author, Billy Liucci, on why that is.

Edited by n64ra
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

My wife was in Spring last weekend visiting her twin sis (no pics). She told me how the aggy BIL made a total ass of himself after they won game 1 by drunkenly screaming, whooping & cursing at the moon from his backyard. He's friends with most of his neighbors & everyone's known him to be a drunken, loud buffoon over the years.

I'm wondering what got destroyed by him throwing it in their pool last night after the loss?

Above Ground? 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

That aggy has one of them cement ponds?

Whoop!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

I can’t fathom being that wrapped up in something I’m not actually a part of. I mean, I get pretty anxious for my kids, but damn.

It was their only chance at college athletics relevance since 1939.

So yeah, it's not just them wrapped up, it's multiple inbred generations wrapped up. Their dad Cletus Sr. and grandpa Cletus Sr. Sr. also lived and died by it. Literally died.

So last night was really the ultimate, so far, in aggy suffering. Glorious and hilarious.

We as Texas fans are not as invested because we've won major shit, and we'll win more major shit. And every Longhorn member of our families going back 100+ years has experienced winning as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I can’t fathom being that wrapped up in something I’m not actually a part of. I mean, I get pretty anxious for my kids, but damn.

Hmmm, I can.

I felt sick to my stomach when Colt went down against Alabama, and then the rest of that game and all the next day it didn't register, it was like the game had never even begun and I was somehow waiting for them to announce a re-do or something.

And that was only 4 years after winning the NC in both baseball and football.

• Hook 'Em 1

Do we have or shouldn’t we have an SEC NEWS tab or link for posting other secsec fodder?

SEC Network goes LIVE from Texas
As part of our move to the Southeastern Conference, we are excited to welcome our friends from SEC Network to the Forty Acres this Sunday.  Beginning at 5 p.m., join co-hosts Laura Rutledge and Peter Burns for SEC Now: Live from Texas for full coverage of the day’s activities including insight from Jordan Rodgers, Roman Harper, Paul Finebaum, Marty Smith and Jimmy Dykes.  Yours truly and many of our head coaches will be making guest appearances throughout the day, and we’d love to have you join us on national TV!

In addition, SEC Network invites all fans to visit the SEC Open House. Located on the South Mall lawn, you can experience live games, studio programming, photo ops and more with six different rooms that will take you on a journey inspired by the SEC Network’s rich history and programming.  

On 6/23/2024 at 3:24 PM, msucolt45 said:

Fng aggy is about to win the CWS today. They’ll finally have something to go into their cavernous Hall of Champions.

If you thought they were insufferable, thinking they had a great sports program, wait until they actually have the title/hardware. Now aggy will say they “belong,” just like Coastal Carolina.

Hook’em!!!

Not trolling at all, but this curse you just put on them has them really believing it exists, and the sips have visited the Haitians for some of that sweet, sweet voodoo. 

15 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

We don't know that he's wrong.  It's just doesn't seem to be something we have to worry about.

Knowing we got Schlossnagle, I want all the aggy tears to get drunk on since I've been sober from alcohol for almost a decade. I need it injected in my veins. 

.I'm sorry, what were we talking about? I'm too hyped to remember, my apologies. 

• Like 1