• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

He and his team had just come within a tag and a hit of winning a national championship and were processing that when the reporter asked a question that should have waited a day.  The douche was the reporter.

Everyone always criticizes reporters in press conferences here for always asking softball questions. You finally have a reporter with the cojones to ask what is on everyone's mind, and people are criticizing him for doing so.    

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah I don't see a problem with the question being asked.  And if it's true that this move has been in the works for weeks or months, then Schloss should have prepared a better answer for it.  That's on him, but at the same time he was also emotional having just lost out on the national championship.

As has been stated several times, there was not ever going to be an acceptable answer to that question, but I believe he could have done a little better.

Beyond that, the same people that are mad at him now, would be mad at him no matter how he answered the question, so it's pretty much irrelevant.

Even though we got Schloss, I was surprised he called the reporter selfish. It was the #1 question everyone caring about college baseball had. A "I was expecting this question, but now's the time to focus on the good work the kids here at A&M did this season." would have been better. Even if Schloss had 0% desire to leave aggy, that starts to signal to the aggy AD that Schloss wants a performance raise. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Quite the take 

GQ9RfJqWUAA4BkF?format=jpg&name=large

Another great one: We won't run up the score in FB because we're too nice! 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3470475 

Bill Superman

In reply to An L of an Ag • 7:54p, 6/25/24

AG

An L of an Ag said:

Run up the score!!

Knock players out of games!!

We're too damn nice to run up the score. And we always assume we're playing a gentleman's game only to get stabbed in the back time and time again. It's time we play the dirty game with the rest of them, and dig our heels in the ground while we do it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Another great one: We won't run up the score in FB because we're too nice! 

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3470475 

Bill Superman

In reply to An L of an Ag • 7:54p, 6/25/24

AG

An L of an Ag said:

Run up the score!!

Knock players out of games!!

We're too damn nice to run up the score. And we always assume we're playing a gentleman's game only to get stabbed in the back time and time again. It's time we play the dirty game with the rest of them, and dig our heels in the ground while we do it.

I agree that aggy is known to not run up the score. Case in point

image.png.b262b96ae6ccc9853af48722d066bf29.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Even though we got Schloss, I was surprised he called the reporter selfish. It was the #1 question everyone caring about college baseball had. A "I was expecting this question, but now's the time to focus on the good work the kids here at A&M did this season." would have been better. Even if Schloss had 0% desire to leave aggy, that starts to signal to the aggy AD that Schloss wants a performance raise. 

Meh, a national championship had just slipped through his fingers moments before that press conference. He was all fucked up in the head when that question was asked.

He fumbled the answer but so would a lot of people in that situation. Surly coach responses are not unusual in those situations.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Everyone always criticizes reporters in press conferences here for always asking softball questions. You finally have a reporter with the cojones to ask what is on everyone's mind, and people are criticizing him for doing so.    

That's fair.  I still don't blame Schloss for being emotional right after the loss, though.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Beau Vine said:

In the past seven months, Texas A&M has fired their FB coach with a $77 million buyout, had to pivot from hiring Kentucky’s FB coach to hiring Duke’s, saw their AD leave for Ohio State, poached Nebraska’s AD, and now their baseball coach has left for their most bitter rival.

The counseling business should be booming in College Station.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

In the past seven months, Texas A&M has fired their FB coach with a $77 million buyout, had to pivot from hiring Kentucky’s FB coach to hiring Duke’s, saw their AD leave for Ohio State, poached Nebraska’s AD, and now their baseball coach has left for their most bitter rival.

Approve South Park GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Sumlin announced as new A&M coach 12/10
UH's season not over until 12/24

Fisher announced as new A&M coach 12/4
FSU's season not over until 12/27

Elko announced as new A&M coach 11/17
Duke's season not over until 12/23

Schloss announced as new A&M coach 6/9
TCU's season over 6/6

I'm going to give the Aggies in my life a couple of days to go through the mourning process, but after that it's going to be time to dry the tears and grow the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

"The Aristocrats!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1