• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

lol:

Harvey Schiller, the SEC commissioner from 1986 to 1989, told ESPN last month that Texas would have been part of the SEC's first wave of expansion, along with Arkansas, in 1992 had it not been for the Texas state legislature mandating that the SEC also add Texas A&M if it were to bring the Longhorns aboard...

Asked if Texas joining the SEC was a done deal had the politicians not gotten involved, Schiller said emphatically, "The answer is yes. The conference wanted it. Texas wanted it."

Schiller said the SEC wasn't as interested in Texas A&M at the time and that A&M officials also had some issues with a move to the SEC.

"Interestingly enough, Texas A&M ended up being the first of the two schools [in Texas] to join the SEC in 2012," Schiller said. "Now, some 30 years later, I guess they finally got it right."

I’ve never seen this, but how is it surprising? The SEC wanted the best brand in Texas but took the 2nd best brand to possibly lure the best brand. If they didn’t get Texas they grabbed a Texas school that helped with recruiting in the conference. Pretty smart.

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Spending lots of money on billboards to brag that an athletics program has 'the best academics' (Vanderbilt says hi) and the 'cleanest program.' You can't make this stuff up. 

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

image.png.1903b8098821c9d5e6044973dd801f5e.png

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahahhahahhahaha. Outstanding. 

Awkward Oh Boy GIF by Sara Dietschy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Two biggest surprises on that revenue list besides Aggy is Nebraska #6 and North Carolina #30. There was a time when at my suburban middle school in North Texas you could walk in and find hundreds of NC hats. Also a pretty big fumble that they don't own a chunk of Jordan

Why exactly should they own a chunk of Jordan? 

13 hours ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, immamac said:

That's no laughing matter, aggy may stumble into a somewhat competent replacement.

Relax. They'll insist on someone with deep aggy ties. That disqualifies anyone competent. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I absolutely can believe that the Ags want everyone to think they might scamper to the B1G, hoping that the SEC would start appreciating them more. 

And I can see an argument for the B1G wanting them, hoping to get the B1G carried in Texas (does that revenue model still work?) and opening up recruiting (this argument also applies to FSU). 

I just can’t see them really doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1