• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

14 minutes ago, OWLVIS said:

The latest excuse I heard from an Aggie forgive me I just had nowhere else to bring this was that the reason they were bad at football in the 60s was because of the Vietnam War

Hmmm.  How did actual all-male military schools do in the 1960s?

Army went 6-3, 6-4, 6-4, 7-3, 4-6, 4-6, 8-2, 8-2, 7-3, and 4-5, for an average of 6 wins (high of 8 twice).

Navy went 9-2, 7-3, 5-5, 9-2, 3-6, 4-4, 4-6, 5-4, 2-8, 1-9, for an average of 4.9 wins (high of 9 twice).

And the all-male non-military A&M went 1-6-3, 4-5-1, 3-7, 2-7-1, 1-9, 3-7, 4-5-1, 7-4, 3-7, 3-7, for an average of 3.1 wins (high of 7 once).

Sure Aggie.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

image.thumb.png.4829ce580eec437591389c7932997d18.png

JFC these rubes....

https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/3473785

"Grinning like an idiot" was the part he got right

Can they not get through 24 hours before the abject hero worship starts? Oh yes, I am sure you had ample chances to review the due diligence that Alberts did in hiring the only guy who had not vacated the building with Schloss. And oh yes, I am confident that that guy is totes ready to be a first time head coach at a major university in the middle of the best baseball conference in the country and beat out NUMEROUS high profile guys who were begging to take the job. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Utter horse shit, but I want to believe. The SEC would laugh their asses out of town. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Can they not get through 24 hours before the abject hero worship starts? Oh yes, I am sure you had ample chances to review the due diligence that Alberts did in hiring the only guy who had not vacated the building with Schloss. And oh yes, I am confident that that guy is totes ready to be a first time head coach at a major university in the middle of the best baseball conference in the country and beat out NUMEROUS high profile guys who were begging to take the job.

image.thumb.png.fc5628098236b1aca7963c6f312757eb.png

It's all part of the cycle they have to jazz themselves up to start pushing the rock back uphill.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

28 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Why don't you explain it for those of us who don't have the foggiest fucking clue who Swaim is?

If you haven’t read all 15,000 pages of the “Realignment Talk Not Going Away” thread and monitored with religious fervor, that is on you, sir. The realignment dorks would be seriously offended if they read any other threads besides that one and the “Left Behind” thread. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I think y'all are wishcasting here but carry on.

Will it happen? No idea, seems pretty doubtful. But I ABSOLUTELY believe A&M is increasingly desperate to run screaming for the hills to flee from us with their tails between their legs (again) and I absolutely believe the B1G desperately wants into Texas

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Will it happen? No idea, seems pretty doubtful. But I ABSOLUTELY believe A&M is increasingly desperate to run screaming for the hills to flee from us with their tails between their legs (again) and I absolutely believe the B1G desperately wants into Texas

But again, why would the B1G settle for aggy, when they have academic powerhouses in the state like Texas Tech, who was able to defend their academic accreditation to the SACS as recently at 2009?!

On 7/3/2024 at 9:44 AM, markstanco said:

talkiebird: hi greg thanks for taking my call

sankey: you're welcome, and we already have the agreement ready for you

talkiebird: we haven't proposed our terms yet we were thinking

sankey: we don't care; in fact we've had the agreement ready since you pussed out of the gator bowl

talkiebird: you have to haggle!

sankey: sure, here's our terms: get the fuck out today, and we will allow you to announce your departure effective immediately; if you don't announce today, we will reduce our offer

talkiebird: (weird noises, snorting, sounds of sheep fucking)....

sankey: john, are you there?  the document was just emailed to you and your lawyers; if we have to announce your departure tomorrow we will pay you $1; announce yourselves before midnight and you pay us $1; we won't thank you for your tenure or wish you well in either case.   in summary, GET THE FUCK OUT

• Haha 2

On 7/3/2024 at 11:14 AM, Vertigo said:

Utter horse shit, but I want to believe. The SEC would laugh their asses out of town. 

I'm sure Aggy having to travel to Oregon and Southern Cal as conference games would fit in perfectly with their fan base. Lord knows how many people in Texas are all about Big Ten football.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

who is them?   aggy or the b1g?

The Ags. I think they want the SEC to be afraid they’ll leave, and show them more respect in order to keep them. I don’t think their worldview allows them to consider that, with Texas in the fold, the SEC might not really care whether they leave or stay. 

As for the B1G, if taking the Ags lets them put the B1G network throughout this population 28M state, I assume they’d do it. 

Edited by statsman

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

I’d like to see the cite.

18 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Randy Duke used to refute that claim with backed up facts from the “actual “ military academies. Just because one “trained” there for 90 days, doesn’t make them an aggy.

Hook’em!!!

I think the stats are here...the author tends to be a bit verbose and I'm not going to read for details right now. 

https://aggypedia.com/aggypedia/texas-am-university/the-corps-of-cadets/