• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

GSQbQV0WAAAHjIF.jpg

I always enjoy reading about how underhanded and toxic we are; I just want to know what they are actually talking about. Like, some specific examples. And no, taking their baseball coach doesn’t count (coaches jump to other schools all the time, and their claims of our toxicity far predate that event), nor does taking espn’s money to televise our stuff (because why the fuck wouldn’t we, or anyone else?).

I would love to hear them lay out their case with actual events and a modicum of honesty, but I suspect that they don’t really have anything and this is just dogma at this point.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I always enjoy reading about how underhanded and toxic we are; I just want to know what they are actually talking about. Like, some specific examples. And no, taking their baseball coach doesn’t count (coaches jump to other schools all the time, and their claims of our toxicity far predate that event), nor does taking espn’s money to televise our stuff (because why the fuck wouldn’t we, or anyone else?).

I would love to hear them lay out their case with actual events and a modicum of honesty, but I suspect that they don’t really have anything and this is just dogma at this point.

They cant say The Longhorn Network is a reason when they were offered a chance to partner with Texas and they turned it down. 

edit, found the link: https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6918208/texas-aggies-had-chance-partner-longhorn-network-deloss-dodds-says

Edited by markstanco
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

The idea that somehow the one state and small school dominated SWC would have made it as a power conference past the 1990s if it weren't for Texas is incredibly stupid. 

I mean if the PAC 12 wasn't viable in this ridiculous cutthroat era, the SWC wasn't going to make it.

Likewise, pretty sure the Big 10 and the SEC were going to be poaching the second tier conference's schools whether Texas was in them or not. Unless they think the ACC also has Texas in it somehow.

Like everything that has happened to the entire country in sports the past fifty years was somehow all masterminded by Texas, despite the fact we are almost always a step behind and reacting to what other people are doing with the very possible exception of the LHN.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

My understanding is Texas forced the big 12 to move its headquarters to Dallas. It has already forced the sec to move media day to Dallas this year.

I’m not sure why this is a big deal but it is and is a precursor to everything

• Drool 1

36 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The idea that somehow the one state and small school dominated SWC would have made it as a power conference past the 1990s if it weren't for Texas is incredibly stupid. 

I mean if the PAC 12 wasn't viable in this ridiculous cutthroat era, the SWC wasn't going to make it.

Likewise, pretty sure the Big 10 and the SEC were going to be poaching the second tier conference's schools whether Texas was in them or not. Unless they think the ACC also has Texas in it somehow.

Like everything that has happened to the entire country in sports the past fifty years was somehow all masterminded by Texas, despite the fact we are almost always a step behind and reacting to what other people are doing with the very possible exception of the LHN.

Big Ten greed has led to Big Ten expansion which has resulted in every major conference shift since 1990.  It's remarkable to me the mental gymnastics that some people will perform in order to somehow pin Big Ten greed on Texas.  

Ags aren't the only ones, either.  I post on another message board that's heavily B1G-oriented, and even after those assholes watched their own conference commissioner announce expansion in 2009, then scoop up Nebraska in 2010, they still somehow decided to blame Texas greed for "destroying" the B12 even though Texas is the one that stayed, and shit-ass Nebraska is the one that left for more money,

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

20 minutes ago, Updawg said:

My understanding is Texas forced the big 12 to move its headquarters to Dallas. It has already forced the sec to move media day to Dallas this year.

I’m not sure why this is a big deal but it is and is a precursor to everything

Forced?  Or am I missing your sarcasm?

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Umm...aggy

Where was your SEC brotherhood and "strategic blocking" when our membership was being discussed and approved without your knowledge?

This is by far my favorite thing to come out of all the realignment mess -- that the SEC was working behind aggy's back to bring in the mean ol' sips.   

The SEC knew it would piss off aggy and did it anyway.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Forced?  Or am I missing your sarcasm?

Definitely missed the sarcasm

I’ve never understood why those moves to Dallas were a big deal. But apparently in aggy minds evil UT made it happen and that is the sign of the beginning of the end of a conference
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

This is by far my favorite thing to come out of all the realignment mess -- that the SEC was working behind aggy's back to bring in the mean ol' sips.   

As the great Larry Williams would say: "Hell fuckin' yeah!"

Larry Williams Gives Directions to Motel 6 in Longview [VIDEO]

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Apparently a "gentlemen's agreement" just doesn't mean what it used to mean.

After being involved with aggy and their BS for 12 years,  I'd say "to hell with any gentlemens agreement" anyway.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Apparently a "gentlemen's agreement" just doesn't mean what it used to mean.

aggy has a different definition of a gentleman's agreement.

Glory_hole_in_washroom_(155966507).jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Holy shit they have to stare at Ewers everytime they boot up NCAA

lmao

It's a crossover to one of my other favorite thread, Ewers is ranked #3 in the game. #1 makes  sense, but # 2 is a great laugh and my favorite football personality took issue with it. (Not in the way you'd think)

It's SI so questionable at best

The Irish (not the Notre Dame Fighting Irish but real Irish in Ireland) can apparently build a bonfire stack over 200 feet high without it falling over.  Some dude did a base jump off the stack.

‘World’s first base jump’ from controversial 200ft bonfire in Larne

Surely if aggy finds out about this there will be a lawsuit or at least a strongly worded letter written.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Let’s not forget it was a unanimous voting decision to bring Texas and ou into the sec.

Daddy Sankey said vote how I tell you to vote.

19 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

They will never do this.   Since the Houston Chronicle is still regarded as a major sports media outlet in Texas and their sports department is populated with aggy, they can and will keep on pumping crap unquestioned to their sources.    And now they employ a former Longhorn hater who was employed by the AAS up until a few weeks ago.  

When aggy resumes coming in behind us in not just football but other sports, screams will get loud and laughable.   They can’t blame themselves because they’ve spent or will be spending a butt load of money on facilities.   And of course they’ve done to same with some of the coaching hires.   It’s surprising they didn’t try to blame us for Jimbo failing.    Maybe I missed it?  

Big Ten greed has led to Big Ten expansion which has resulted in every major conference shift since 1990.  It's remarkable to me the mental gymnastics that some people will perform in order to somehow pin Big Ten greed on Texas.  
Ags aren't the only ones, either.  I post on another message board that's heavily B1G-oriented, and even after those assholes watched their own conference commissioner announce expansion in 2009, then scoop up Nebraska in 2010, they still somehow decided to blame Texas greed for "destroying" the B12 even though Texas is the one that stayed, and shit-ass Nebraska is the one that left for more money,

Disney orchestrated the whole thing. They took over college football and consolidated tv rights.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Only aggie would be confused about Quinn or any Texas player being featured in an intro to a video game. The rest of us who are normal are wondering wtf Deion's shit kid is doing there.

Negged. That's Travis Hunter, not Sheduer Sanders. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Only aggie would be confused about Quinn or any Texas player being featured in an intro to a video game. The rest of us who are normal are wondering wtf Deion's shit kid is doing there.

@Katfid54

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, morehornsepower said:

So we are the great Destroyer of Conferences, and good 'ole ATM is the only school that can stop us.  But...I feel like ATM was in the last 2 conferences that they claim we destroyed.  So, either we didn't destroy those conferences...or, we did destroy them, and ATM just let us...?

Thank God they're around to stop us this time...

@aggypedia this is canon

26 minutes ago, ousux said:
21 hours ago, Deej said:
aggy has a different definition of a gentleman's agreement.

Glory_hole_in_washroom_(155966507).jpg.091f65cc9166478604c55a20b8245cd8.jpg

That hole is big enough for about 6 aggy at once, but I'm sure Looch can handle it.

Of course he can. That why he always keeps that scrotum sander of his trimmed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

The Forbes list is the only one listing them at the top according to a quick google.  

Our number includes giving the University money each year, while aggy includes taking out loans from the academic side…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

On 7/12/2024 at 12:56 PM, Hank Chinaski said:

It is a cult, they need comfort not facts.