• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 7/28/2024 at 10:57 PM, jimmyjazz said:

1.  Milroe was still raw, they were a totally different team at the end of the year

2.  you just don't understand the week-in, week-out grind of SEC footbaw

This is my favorite…the SEC is weekly grind but also a team is BETTER at the end of it than they were at the beginning 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TexasBeta said:

That's a lot of old white dudes - 

Last comment on the alumni thing -- Do you think they sit down each year and go "Now what 12 can we give this to.." like every year - what if there are only 10.. do they skip or just shove 2 dudes in to make it 12?

On 7/31/2024 at 10:38 PM, Mittens said:

On 8/1/2024 at 4:02 PM, TexasBeta said:

That's a lot of old white dudes - 

The former student association is reopening nominations in hope of finding some diversity. 
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/education/article/tamu-distinguished-alumni-award-19615609.php

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The former student association is reopening nominations in hope of finding some diversity. 
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/education/article/tamu-distinguished-alumni-award-19615609.php

They've already got diversity. They have old white bald guys *and* old white guys with hair.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

2012 lost at home to a Will Muschamp coached Florida team and a Mad Hattered LSU….

This school has a deep mental health crisis.

aggy = 🤡

They haven't won anything significant in generations, so let's debate ridiculous hypotheticals like their odds of beating arguably the best team in CFB history.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

aggy = 🤡

They haven't won anything significant in generations, so let's debate ridiculous hypotheticals like their odds of beating arguably the best team in CFB history.  

Games never played is the only way they win titles. They’re awesome at those.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

But offenses had changed so much. A&M was running the complex system that required intense study and practice.

Check the precision and planning.

Yeah I remember 🎱just throwing up floaters to Mike Evans like that

On 7/25/2024 at 1:33 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Was that '96?

The year we started the wandering. 

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

But offenses had changed so much. A&M was running the complex system that required intense study and practice.

Check the precision and planning.

I count 5 Tide defenders who beat their blocks. 

5 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Johnny crackhead had a strong right arm, Strong from signing all those autographs. 

th?id=OIP.jdT396ozzzciZKkyFnbJhgHaFg&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

He didn’t sign autographs. His family is so rich that Bill Gates works part time as their butler.

I’d guess that the following Texas teams of this century would be favored over 2012 A&M (the question was “what is the spread”, not “who would win” - no serious person thinks Texas would lose):

2005 by about 2 TDs

2008 and 2009 by about 10

2001, 2004 and 2023 by about a TD

I’m not a gambler so maybe I’m wrong here; I’ve spent about 90 seconds thinking about it and I feel foolish for having even spent that much time considering this asinine hypothetical.

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 7/31/2024 at 9:30 AM, Mr. Drummond said:

I think the cybertruck is pretty ugly, but at least its different.     How many white crv/mazda/rav4s/highlander/hyundai/kia shitty crossovers can you look at?    Cars used to be fun.

Signed - guy who drives an orange raptor, a metallic blue old 911 and my wife drives a green land rover defender to the mall and HEB (when open of course).  

911 sounds awesome

raptor and Land Rover are hilarious