• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 hours ago, ABZ said:

Nice little anecdote, Jeff Hildebrand has two degrees from UT and zero from aggy. He was smart enough to leave.

How is that even possible? Did he go there like for a year then transfer to Texas? 

1 minute ago, TexasBeta said:

Never mind as per standard operating procedure for aggy - Hildebrand, a former track and field student-athlete and geology major at Texas A&M.

Wow that's way more significant than giving $25M to Texas and get the Petroleum Engineering department named after you. 

If he donated that much to aggy they'd have almost a third of Jimbo's buyout covered 

3 hours ago, TexasBeta said:

How is that even possible? Did he go there like for a year then transfer to Texas? 

The aggy alumni thing says he was a student athlete. Guessing he played whatever sport for a season. He graduated in '81 with a geology degree from UT and in '85 I think with a MS petroleum engineering degree from UT. I know of his UT history because of the oil and gas industry (he founded Hilcorp). The UT department of petroleum engineering is named after him because of a large donation.

edit: I should have read the rest of the thread.

Edited by ABZ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

We need Randy Duke to chime in on this. Hello RD (Bat signal). Solve our aggy myths.

Hook’em!!!

I'm sure he's already started his post. It's just that it's gonna be 45,000 words and will take him five hours to bang out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Armybrat said:

No fake army band here….

I have an AF friend that was invited to play in the Edinburgh Tattoo when he was enrolled at The Citadel. I know half of Surly would just a soon run pipers over as listen to them play but he had some great footage of them striking in and marching into the castle. It was badass.

And he laughs at all the corps turds who try to convince him that they shared the same experience at a&m as he did at The Citadel.

Edited by Crapinon
Clarity
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Crapinon said:

IAnd he laughs at all the corps turds who try to convince him that they shared the same experience at a&m as he did at The Citadel.

That's a pretty universal perspective from the academy guys + Citadel, etc.  A&M may put out some good officers now and again, but their program is not thought of as top level.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's a pretty universal perspective from the academy guys + Citadel, etc.  A&M may put out some good officers now and again, but their program is not thought of as top level.

But, but, but aggy had sheep anytime they wanted, advantage Texas 8&4.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

The tatted up aggy looks exactly like a 2%er I used to bartend with named Clark. Anyone know these clowns?

For some reason I think the lady is nurse anesthesia in Beaumont, but it might be The Woodlands.

23 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Meat pimp mom did it better anyway.

Band guy seems like a meatpimp  starter kit. Smirk is there but not yet as confident. Mom looks like she has some warhammers, and dad is absolutely a tatted up regard. With 4-6 years of careful nurturing, he might just amount to something. Well, probably not.  

I'm sure he's already started his post. It's just that it's gonna be 45,000 words and will take him five hours to bang out.

Half of it will be copy and paste, but it’s still gonna take a while. They probably really restrict his computer time.