• Replies 76.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

We have arrived at that time of year where parents send their kiddies off to college, move them into dorms and apartments and extol the virtues of their chosen institutions of higher learning.

If you are like me and many others, you have the misfortune of having a colleague or two sending their kids off to the overstuffed, overpriced community college in Collie Station. That's all well and good until they start waxing rhapsodic on the aggy diploma mill and speak of it as if it should be considered 100% on par with, if not exceeding, UT in every measure that matters.

My tongue is perpetually bruised this time of year from biting it and not voicing the many snarky replies playing in my head.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

My tongue is perpetually bruised this time of year from biting it and not voicing the many snarky replies playing in my head.

Just talk shit to them. They deserve it for sending their children down a horrible life path. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Deej said:

Just talk shit to them. They deserve it for sending their children down a horrible life path. 

I can't imagine a single scenario where I wouldn't immediately call bullshit on that. Its a preposterous statement. Like Flat  Earthers. If you have to bend the  knee professionally OK, I guess but fuck that in a family or friends scenario.  

An Aggie in an SEC group claimed that UT is A&M's "little brother" because their enrollment is much higher.  I tried to explain that their push towards 70K students on campus is definitely a bug, not a feature, but he was having none of that.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Klein wants to run the QB, a lot

I don’t purport to be the most informed person regarding college football, but was this a surprising development for them?

My general impression is that their OL is going to get Wiegman killed without a single designed QB run, anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

An Aggie in an SEC group claimed that UT is A&M's "little brother" because their enrollment is much higher.  I tried to explain that their push towards 70K students on campus is definitely a bug, not a feature, but he was having none of that.

Yeah, those increased enrollment numbers don't mean jack and shit when it comes to athletics. My company had two aggy interns this summer, neither has been to 1 sporting event at aggy in their combined 6 years on campus.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, those increased enrollment numbers don't mean jack and shit when it comes to athletics. 

It was worse than that.  This guy was arguing that their increased enrollment put them over the top ACADEMICALLY when compared to UT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It was worse than that.  This guy was arguing that their increased enrollment put them over the top ACADEMICALLY when compared to UT.

Stanford's 17k enrollment clearly means their academics suck compared to TTech's 42k.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Seriously, I love that this guy is the Texas aggy AD.  It is so fitting.  He hated UT when he was at Nebraska and always whined about us when he was with ESPN.  He and Mark May were an absolute beating.

Alberts looks beyond ESPN

I’m pretty sure it was halftime of the 2005 OU game that I’d recorded during which Mark May said Virginia Tech was the best team in the country. He needed a beating. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I’m pretty sure it was halftime of the 2005 OU game that I’d recorded during which Mark May said Virginia Tech was the best team in the country. He needed a beating. 

that was John Saunders and it was weird to hear

• Hook 'Em 1

That’s an easy rebuttal.

Your reply is “well if that is the standard, Liberty University is the flagship and academically best university in Virginia.”

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Why not run the QB when they pass-block like this?

⬆⬆Great video for 14 DAYS until kickoff ⬆⬆

Screenshot_20240817-040749_kindlephoto-4191179.png.9d8a3e4270f4c3fc6f9a37725eab2e4a.png

No Jawja, Bama, Ole Miss, or blOU...  aggy with a favorable schedule especially in Nov.

My 13 year old has been telling me she’s going to attend aggy for a year. 
I am ok with that.
1) she’s definitely not my favorite and kind of irritating. So, she can just continue to irritate me into perpetuity when she does all that weird aggy shit 
2) I no longer have to pay any attention to what she’s up to in school, because she can fog a mirror so she’s definitely getting in. 
3) I don’t have to worry about her graduating since if you can get in and are not a total and complete dumbass you are graduating/ so I’m not likely to flush 50-80k down the drain and have her not end up with a degree on the other end 
4) I want grandkids and I want to be around to see them. She will probably get married at 23 and start popping out Kyle’s and Kyler’s at 25 or 26, so even though they will be aggy I will at least know that my blood line continues on into this world. 

5) I won’t have to worry about her moving outside of Texas because what the fucking odds of that happening. 

Now, I’m not saying I would choose this life path for her, but I’m going to go ahead and make the best of it I guess. 
it’s likely she will find someone who makes 85k a year while she teaches school or something and I won’t have to financially support her into my old age. 

She might move out of state if her future husband is a Buc-ee’s store manager. Just speculating.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I am ok with that.
1) she’s definitely not my favorite and kind of irritating. So, she can just continue to irritate me into perpetuity when she does all that weird aggy shit 

2) I no longer have to pay any attention to what she’s up to in school, because she can fog a mirror so she’s definitely getting in. 
3) I don’t have to worry about her graduating since if you can get in and are not a total and complete dumbass you are graduating/ so I’m not likely to flush 50-80k down the drain and have her not end up with a degree on the other end 

4) I want grandkids and I want to be around to see them. She will probably get married at 23 and start popping out Kyle’s and Kyler’s at 25 or 26, so even though they will be aggy I will at least know that my blood line continues on into this world. 

5) I won’t have to worry about her moving outside of Texas because what the fucking odds of that happening. 

Now, I’m not saying I would choose this life path for her, but I’m going to go ahead and make the best of it I guess. 
it’s likely she will find someone who makes 85k a year while she teaches school or something and I won’t have to financially support her into my old age. 

This is a roadmap for bad parenting. Write a book.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I am ok with that.

Is her liking aggy driven by her rebelling against your likes and preferences?  If so don’t push back or say anything bad about aggy to her.  Let her know whatever school she chooses is okay so long as she is happy and that aggy would be great if that is her choice.   Her desire for aggy will greatly decline if you do this.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Is her liking aggy driven by her rebelling against your likes and preferences?  If so don’t push back or say anything bad about aggy to her.  Let her know whatever school she chooses is okay so long as she is happy and that aggy would be great if that is her choice.   Her desire for aggy will greatly decline if you do this.

Thats basically what I’m doing with the occasional, well, you know you will be able to get in since they allow everyone sprinkled in so that it’s challenging her to do better implicitly. 

• Like 2

Hell, I couldn’t get into UT straight out of HS in the late 80s, but after getting 50+ hours through the University of Maryland, while taking college courses abroad (Germany and S Korea), I was considered a “transfer” student.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 2