• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Actually, aggy, your conference record is marginally better in the SEC. At least it was the last time I checked.

Delusional, as always

Well, if they actually had to face Georgia more than once it wouldn't be marginally better.

we've discussed it often, but it's always worth repeating....
aggy would have gone undefeated in '12 and made the bcs title game if they hadn't run away early to avoid a trip to austin that would have crowned their season

And to be absolutely sure…….you’re saying this as an aggy right, not a sane person?
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

😆 🤣 here are the facts about aggy when they'd 'dominate ' 

B12 rec UT 94-35 .729   A&M 68-61 .527
H2H UT 11-5  .687   A&M 5-11 .313
Bowls UT 9-5  A&M 2-9  (*inc BCS title games Texas 1-1 A&M🙄
10 Win seasons UT 9  A&M 1

• Hook 'Em 7

19 minutes ago, utee94 said:

^^^^

All of that, and I still don't know a single UT fan that would ever claim Texas "dominated" the B12.  Only the sooners can really make that claim.

aggy didn't even dominate tech...6-10 after winning the last 3...the last 2 after Leach was let go

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

^^^^

All of that, and I still don't know a single UT fan that would ever claim Texas "dominated" the B12.  Only the sooners can really make that claim.

Fuck you and your actual real facts. Take that shit to the nerd thread.

This is the aggie thread. We're here to discuss myths, cults, and fake news.

Also, ousux

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, nnm said:

Since the SECX3 schedule doesn't start until Sept. 28, Aggies have plenty of time to analyze UT's early games.  

Starting now, take a drink every time you read or hear the following words from an Aggie:

-Gauntlet

-Murderer's row

-Week in, week out

-No weeks off

-Grind

-No idea what they're in for

But I don’t want to die….

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

11 hours ago, Vertigo said:

That .009 cost $75 million sir.

Don't forget the $10.5M Sumlin buyout too.   And this ignores the cost of flushing entire coaching staffs who also need to be compensated.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

When will this myth ever die? No they wouldn't have.  Their defense was protected by playing in the SEC in an era with basic run, run, pass options.  They would have lost multiple games in the Big 12 against spread teams.  See how La Tech put 57 on them running the spread.  They won that game by two points. That would have been a regular occurrence in the Big 12.

Also, SEC defenses were not set up to stop or used to playing spread offenses like A&M.  They had big fatties on the D line and linebackers who were too big.  The addition of the spread eventually caused the SEC to adjust their defenses.

Also, if not in the SEC then Alabama has no losses.  And there is zero chance an A&M team that started off unranked would pass up undefeated Alabama and undefeated Notre Dame for a BCS title shot even if, by some miracle, they went undefeated.

this is my take on it as well. 

This was around the time KSU was peaking, OSU could points on anyone, Baylor was starting to rise, and an ever present OU . Big 12 teams were much better designed to defend Johnny as multiple offenses looked similar at the time 

41 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

this is my take on it as well. 

This was around the time KSU was peaking, OSU could points on anyone, Baylor was starting to rise, and an ever present OU . Big 12 teams were much better designed to defend Johnny as multiple offenses looked similar at the time 

Interesting.... interesting....

So, tell me about your avatar.

When will this myth ever die? No they wouldn't have.  Their defense was protected by playing in the SEC in an era with basic run, run, pass options.  They would have lost multiple games in the Big 12 against spread teams.  See how La Tech put 57 on them running the spread.  They won that game by two points. That would have been a regular occurrence in the Big 12.
Also, SEC defenses were not set up to stop or used to playing spread offenses like A&M.  They had big fatties on the D line and linebackers who were too big.  The addition of the spread eventually caused the SEC to adjust their defenses.
Also, if not in the SEC then Alabama has no losses.  And there is zero chance an A&M team that started off unranked would pass up undefeated Alabama and undefeated Notre Dame for a BCS title shot even if, by some miracle, they went undefeated.

aggy also beat TWO FCS teams in that “magical” season they hold so high.

Hook’em!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

SIAP
image.png.b4457ae19b34cfc4c266d8688692b522.png

Includes a 3-1 record after they left the BIG XII so 52.2% while part of the BIG XII. Also against SEC opponents they are 53.6% with the median being 4 wins a year. Now that is improvement like some one said in a prior posting.

image.png.36ed8bbe6701a9f9815f6f3415dca09c.png

(6 + 4 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 4+ 5 + 4 + 8 + 4 + 2 + 4) / ((12 * 8  ) + 1)

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Just to make sure I'm following, these numbers are for in-conference play only? 

The two I quoted were, because I limited the calculation to years in which A&M was a conference member.  You can parse it multiple ways.  Chris Stassen's website is a treasure trove of information..

Stassen football website

Here is A&M's record all time against various conferences.

image.thumb.png.f13121070808d079e67ece15bb2e49c5.png

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Wherever you go, aggy, there you are.  Mediocre. 

At the time we were in the conference it was always the toughest conference you stupid sip. Only reasons you guys won is because you ran the SWC and BIG XII but not in the SEC. Well not until it becomes a convenient excuse for us, we will then say stupid legacy SEC teams they let t.u. come in here and run the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Just to make sure I'm following, these numbers are for in-conference play only? 

You are correct sir. We are stripping away their sometimes wins against OOC G5 opponents and FCS schools. 

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

SIAP
image.png.b4457ae19b34cfc4c266d8688692b522.png

Includes a 3-1 record after they left the BIG XII so 52.2% while part of the BIG XII. Also against SEC opponents they are 53.6% with the median being 4 wins a year. Now that is improvement like some one said in a prior posting.

image.png.36ed8bbe6701a9f9815f6f3415dca09c.png

(6 + 4 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 4+ 5 + 4 + 8 + 4 + 2 + 4) / ((12 * 8  ) + 1)

By my count, out of the 11 opponents they played in B12 conference games, they had:

• 4 teams they had a winning record against
  • 1 team they were .500 against
  • 6 teams they had a losing record against

Domination.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

By my count, out of the 11 opponents they played in B12 conference games, they had:

• 4 teams they had a winning record against
  • 1 team they were .500 against
  • 6 teams they had a losing record against

Domination.

That's pathetic.

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Interesting.... interesting....

So, tell me about your avatar.

some super hot FSU fan that was a meme for a bit that caught my attention

apparently relatively famous now, with a ton of material to  enjoy :)

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 3

31 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

some super hot FSU fan that was a meme for a bit that caught my attention

apparently relatively famous now, with a ton of material to  enjoy :)

Ok. Though she looked kinda familiar but I couldn't place her.

Gracias, amigo.

10 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

it's real to me, dammit

and it makes aggy feel REAL BAD

27-25 shuts them up

the myth causes them to look down and walk away

Aggy gonna end up 4-8 and still make excuses. Elko just needs his guys, first year transition (didn't faze them about hemming and hawing about Sark going 5-7, only to keep ascending), they just aren't tough enough yet, next year the o-line will be up for the Joe Moore award, there's new frosh awe difference makers, these FCS transfers were overlooked and will make a huge impact, we don't need 5 stars, we just need lunch pail guys, guys that want to be aggys, we're a year away from winning the conference and making the playoffs, and their lies keep going and going for yet another off-season.

Wash, rinse, repeat 

• Like 1

Peacock should have a Holly Zone where it shows the game in complete silence and only unmutes when Holly Rowe speaks

DAxHmc_S_normal.jpg

Matt Fortuna

@Matt_Fortuna
Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Holly Rowe will have the call on ABC for Notre Dame-Texas A&M next Saturday, Aug. 31. Herbstreit, Rowe and Rece Davis will call LSU-USC on ESPN the following night in Las Vegas.