Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

48 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3485607/2#discussion

They have identified the problem. C-Weg talks like he is black and is a simpleton who was confused by a magic trick.

A friend of mine that lives in Cypress knows Conner very well. Nice kid but "not a lot going on upstairs". Direct quote. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 76.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, fatheryeet said:

I know everyone is shitting on A&M, but I'd just like to say as a visiting Irish fan I've never met a more hospitable fan base. On my way to the game, my car broke down and several good ags gave me a ride and fed me a home cooked meal before directing me to the gate. After the game, I made sure to visit the Aggy dog graveyard to pay my respects. I hope to visit for another game soon.

And after the game those same ags tracked you down in the parking lot to give you a ride back to your car where not only had it been repaired, but it was washed and waxed too. But not until after a stop at the Dicksy Chicken to ply you with some beers and talk containing veiled homoerotic undertones.

It’s not surprising but still very awesome that it only took Elko one game to go viral looking like an embarrassing moronic lump of goo melting down over the last plays of the game.

aggy keeps inventing new ways to be a laughingstock. You love to see it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

It’s not surprising but still very awesome that it only took Elko one game to go viral looking like an embarrassing moronic lump of goo melting down over the last plays of the game.

aggy keeps inventing new ways to be a laughingstock. You love to see it.

It’s really incredible. They really are just the biggest collection of goobers in history. The gift that keeps on giving. Forever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Their expectations are totally out of whack as usual. The idea that Elko was some kind of mercenary that can send them to contention in year 1 is insane. They were gutted by transfers and the ones that stayed behind are unimpressive. Elko is a good defensive coach but it will take him 2-3 years to rebuild. 

32 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

So using your logic UH should be the #1 spot for those recruits, and SMU/TCU for DFW. A&M has no issue recruiting talent; it has an issue with coaching them.

Well this was not really about aggy recruiting the Houston area, but more about what enticement to B/CS offer to potential nbue blood ooc opponents when in the area for an away game. Ala one of the reasons why Texas plays Rice in Houston regularly.

Whatever, not really one of my stronger points anyway.

31 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I thought you were kidding:

These fuckers are somehow at the same time both obliviously racist and intentionally at the same time.  Unapologetic either way.  Living in Indiana I deal with maybe 1-2 aggy per year, but for my friends and colleagues up here who get to know aggy better every year with more media exposure of their lunacy, I feel like I need to send them straight to aggypedia and to defend the great state of Texas against these ignorant rubes.  I hate that they define any bit of perception that a non-Texan may have of our state. 

More quotes from that thread:

"I guess he's a gangster now."

"He seems to have affected a rather urban sounding accent heard most often within the hip hop culture."

"First time finding out Weigman is a black guy"

"100% wouldn't know that dudes complexion on the phone"

"It's called "pattern recognition"."

"I've had plenty of friends that were white and talked ghetto and were good life-long friends. The same can be said about black friends talking and acting of middle-class proper (great people as well). Connor is probably a great guy (I don't know him) but I was really shocked when he started talking."

• Haha 2

It’s really incredible. They really are just the biggest collection of goobers in history. The gift that keeps on giving. Forever. 
I don't think I've ever used the term goober, at least not since I was about 9 years old. But it really is the best term for aggies.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

"I've had plenty of friends that were white and talked ghetto and were good life-long friends. The same can be said about black friends talking and acting of middle-class proper (great people as well). Connor is probably a great guy (I don't know him) but I was really shocked when he started talking."

There is 0% chance this is true of any aggie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

These fuckers are somehow at the same time both obliviously racist and intentionally at the same time.  Unapologetic either way.  Living in Indiana I deal with maybe 1-2 aggy per year, but for my friends and colleagues up here who get to know aggy better every year with more media exposure of their lunacy, I feel like I need to send them straight to aggypedia and to defend the great state of Texas against these ignorant rubes.  I hate that they define any bit of perception that a non-Texan may have of our state. 
"He seems to have affected a rather urban sounding accent heard most often within the hip hop culture."

Your black friends were code switching or some dumb shit. We learned about it in another thread. They just wanted to be accepted by you.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3485607/2#discussion

They have identified the problem. C-Weg talks like he is black and is a simpleton who was confused by a magic trick.

I just went back and rewatched this. A white kid from Cypress who went to Bridgeland - a very rich area - talking "urban" like that is hilarious. He's like a trope douche bag jock bully from an early 2000s teen movie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Auto Driller said:

aggy fans breaking out the casual racism after game 1 really doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season.

I'd love for the "100 top recuits" that were there to get a gander at that thread.

They can't even help themselves. It's pretty amazing but more evidence of cult cult cult. "Those who don't conform are outsider." (Thats anyone who doesn't act and look like us)

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

aggy fans breaking out the casual racism after game 1 really doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season.

After we beat Bama, I was walking out of the stadium and a white Bama fan probably in his 60s could barely stifle his want to call Milroe the N-word.  It was wild.

1 hour ago, Longhornstampede said:

And after the game those same ags tracked you down in the parking lot to give you a ride back to your car where not only had it been repaired, but it was washed and waxed too. But not until after a stop at the Dicksy Chicken to ply you with some beers and talk containing veiled homoerotic undertones.

Lots of my LSU pals said the same kinda stuff when they joined the SEC.  Then they got the full meal deal aggy experience over the course of a few seasons and now they, to a man, all say, "Wow, you were right about them.  Fucking weirdo creeps..." or something along those lines.  I tried to warn them.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I liked how at the beginning of the game they showed Aggie as "#1 Toughest place to play" and it was based on EA Sports rankings.

4 hours ago, morehornsepower said:

lol, yeah, I saw that as well.  And they all agreed that it was such a 'tough environment', but they couldn't back it up with any stats...just the ranking from a video game...

EA released an update, and Kyle Field moved from # 1 to #11. For real: https://www.on3.com/news/lsu-texas-am-see-significant-changes-in-ea-sports-ranking-of-toughest-places-to-play-in-college-football-25/

And this happened before Saturday, so their fact checker was too lazy to even check if that was still correct when they ran with it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BlueGreySky said:

Yep.  One of the more interesting (and unsurprising) aspects of reading that thread was that there was probably only one poster who recognized all the racism.  Everyone else was pretty much either engaging in it or justifying it (or both).  *SMH*