• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

What a complete buffoon. He moves Ole Miss over us because they curb stomped Furman, then he keeps aggy ahead of us because of absolute wishcasting, and then he drops us because we beat a bad opponent (I guess Furman dominates Colorado State on a neutral field?). We need a new Looch 44, it may as well be this guy.  

Itispat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

What a complete buffoon. He moves Ole Miss over us because they curb stomped Furman, then he keeps aggy ahead of us because of absolute wishcasting, and then he drops us because we beat a bad opponent (I guess Furman dominates Colorado State on a neutral field?). We need a new Looch 44, it may as well be this guy.  

Just wait until aggy trounces a fired-up, game-ready bunch of FBS transfers from McNeese  37-17...aggy will probably crack his top 3

57 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This Graham Harmon guy isn't even a paid writer. He's just some fan boy writing click articles. I don't think he even went to A&M.  At minimum it is clear he doesn't watch football.

He see's that Billy Luicci gravy train and he wants a taste!

The formula is simple: cover up any negativity, trash the Longhorns, tell them exactly what they want to hear. Profit!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Ban hammer incoming:

Kyle Field…
13,629 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by zag213004

HoopsAg10:16p, 8/31/24
Just not as tough as a place to play as it used to be…

Drshovelhead10:16p, 8/31/24
It is for us

giphy.webp

It's always tough for someone.

0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe4

image.thumb.png.134ffe7b34d5cf6be9be7d934b231247.png

Despite a disappointing end to a much-hyped game for Texas A&M football, there's still plenty of reasons for confidence in these Aggies.

Things didn't turn out the way fans wanted. That's part of the game of football. Yes, there were concerning signs in some quarters—QB play, especially, stands out—but in no world should you pull the plug on a season after your first game: one in which you were tied with a top-10 team halfway through the first quarter.

ADVERTISING

There's room for improvement—and plenty of it. But one game does not decide the Elko era, nor does it decide Conner Weigman's future.

If we really get into the numbers from this game, too, there's something interesting—and encouraging—for Texas A&M football fans to see.

Despite loss, Texas A&M football was more consistently effective than Notre Dame
If you've been around for long enough, you've seen me talk plenty about success rate. Basically, this is a statistic that measures what percentage of your plays are "successful," which is, in this instance, a technical term that measures yardage gained as a percentage of what is required to pick up a first down.

If you get 50% or more of the way to converting on a 1st down play, that's a successful play. If you get 70% or more on second down, that's a successful play. On 3rd and 4th, you have to convert for the play to be considered successful.

This is a smart stat; any football fan could tell you that gaining 5 yards on 1st and 10 is more meaningful than gaining 5 yards on 3rd and 9. This is a statistic that can account for the disparity.

It has also proven consistently, over time, to be predictive of how efficient your team will be on one side of the ball or another. When your success rate consistently exceeds your opponents', you will win a lot of games.

In the game Sunday night, Texas A&M football exceeded Notre Dame's success rate, 40% to 30%. In this chart showing net success rates, you can see the Aggies and Irish all the way over on the left side.

Here's the kicker: the Irish only allowed a 40% or greater success rate two times all of last year: to Louisville (46%) and Clemson (40%). Their lowest success rate on offense last year was 29%, to... the Duke Blue Devils, coached by Mike Elko.

There's a lot that still needs to be figured out. In a way, these sorts of numbers can be frustrating—it was not uncommon to see Jimbo Fisher teams exceed their opponents in success rate, only to lose a close game. That can't become the story under Mike Elko.

All that said, though, this is a data point in favor of the idea that the sky may not be falling just yet. As we look forward to the rest of the season, this is, in fact, a bright spot.

• Haha 3

Damn, if aggy couldn’t get up for a sell-out crowd on the first weekend of college football, with game day starting their day, and 107 high school recruits coming in to see Rudy, Rudy, Rudy and Notre Dame in prime time…..I don’t know what to tell ya…..and what did they do….laid a big FAT egg….exactly what aggy does….thanks guys….loved it.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Born Burnt said:

I thought this could come in handy. Use and share as needed.

image.gif.f93d813e44b492aa5b7d2363be9fa6f2.gif

I can easily lipread "run the football" which I believe is what he said, but I can also read.....what the fuck Paul

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Damn, if aggy couldn’t get up for a sell-out crowd on the first weekend of college football, with game day starting their day, and 107 high school recruits coming in to see Rudy, Rudy, Rudy and Notre Dame in prime time…..I don’t know what to tell ya…..and what did they do….laid a big FAT egg….exactly what aggy does….thanks guys….loved it.

Didn't you read!! THey were tied with a top 10 team halfway through the first quarter!!! 

• Haha 2

I won’t unilaterally announce that success rate is dumb, but I do think it’s probably dumb to isolate that (or probably any) individual statistic as indicative of how a game should have gone. You can have a 67% success rate and never get a first down.  You can have a low success rate and still move the ball if your offense gets chunk plays. 

that 80 yarder affects success rate equally as if he’d have gotten 4 yards or whatever the distance for a first down was.  Fans that started using the term 3rd and chavis might possess just enough neural mass to question this kid’s conclusion. 

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Holee fucking shit

Aggie yelling and whooping and dancing to a song about a former UT basketball player

hahahahahah this needs to go straight to aggypedia. Goddamn they are fucking dumb

Agreed, it’s amazing. The other part of that is we were literally the first stadium in the nation to play that song at a game.

But they also copied us on the “T” on hats, “Texas” on baseball jerseys and the actual cannon we fire in our stadium…oh and our one NIL fund structure, and a thousand other things.

They sure do copy us a lot after hating us so much.

6 hours ago, Vertigo said:

only the 2% see the incongruities - for the rest there is zero cognitive dissonance

unbeleivable

pat is real and it's spectacular

4 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Aggy on social media sharing a message his Domer friend sent him after the game.  Like clockwork:

I've been to several away games over the years, and can confidently say that the A&M fans were the absolute nicest we've ever ran into. Everywhere we went it was "Howdy, welcome to College Station". They are very proud of their history and story and offered up so much very interesting stories throughout the weekend. We had several drinks bought for us at every bar we went to, even a few from the bartenders! We even went to the Midnight Yell, and were treated with the same hospitality. We were going to be respectful and wear neutral colors, but were encouraged before hand to wear our green and gold. We were welcomed to numerous tailgates and they made us feel at home at each one of them. If you appreciate military history and ever get the chance to visit the campus, I highly recommend it.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Domer's hometown:

Cornball, Indiana.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Aggy on social media sharing a message his Domer friend sent him after the game.  Like clockwork:

I've been to several away games over the years, and can confidently say that the A&M fans were the absolute nicest we've ever ran into. Everywhere we went it was "Howdy, welcome to College Station". They are very proud of their history and story and offered up so much very interesting stories throughout the weekend. We had several drinks bought for us at every bar we went to, even a few from the bartenders! We even went to the Midnight Yell, and were treated with the same hospitality. We were going to be respectful and wear neutral colors, but were encouraged before hand to wear our green and gold. We were welcomed to numerous tailgates and they made us feel at home at each one of them. If you appreciate military history and ever get the chance to visit the campus, I highly recommend it.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

lying top gun GIF

• Haha 4