• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

46 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Aggy on social media sharing a message his Domer friend sent him after the game.  Like clockwork:

I've been to several away games over the years, and can confidently say that the A&M fans were the absolute nicest we've ever ran into. Everywhere we went it was "Howdy, welcome to College Station". They are very proud of their history and story and offered up so much very interesting stories throughout the weekend. We had several drinks bought for us at every bar we went to, even a few from the bartenders! We even went to the Midnight Yell, and were treated with the same hospitality. We were going to be respectful and wear neutral colors, but were encouraged before hand to wear our green and gold. We were welcomed to numerous tailgates and they made us feel at home at each one of them. If you appreciate military history and ever get the chance to visit the campus, I highly recommend it.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Left out the part about the corps members bending over and offering their asses.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Aggy on social media sharing a message his Domer friend sent him after the game.  Like clockwork:

I've been to several away games over the years, and can confidently say that the A&M fans were the absolute nicest we've ever ran into. Everywhere we went it was "Howdy, welcome to College Station". They are very proud of their history and story and offered up so much very interesting stories throughout the weekend. We had several drinks bought for us at every bar we went to, even a few from the bartenders! We even went to the Midnight Yell, and were treated with the same hospitality. We were going to be respectful and wear neutral colors, but were encouraged before hand to wear our green and gold. We were welcomed to numerous tailgates and they made us feel at home at each one of them. If you appreciate military history and ever get the chance to visit the campus, I highly recommend it.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

These are sad, sad people.  Like, fuck, I almost-feel-sorry for-them sad.  But not quite. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/2/2024 at 4:56 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Weedman just needs something to calm his nerves in the pocket.

Opposing defensive coordinators just need to have their middle linebackers perform magic tricks pre-snap.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I just can’t hate on fat Elmo. I mean he wears a moo moo to the game. He curses. And is like a grown up Ralphie. But he chose aggy so I can laugh at his expense. Also I don’t have fancy computer shit but I did the best I could. 

IMG_1858.jpeg

Not fat enough

• Hook 'Em 1

just plugged this request into Bing AI Chat and this is what it gave me.
You
Sent by you:
can you write a letter written by a Texas A&M football fan pretending to be written by a Notre Dame fan who went to the game saturday in College Station saying how great aggie fans are and what a great time they had.
Sent by Copilot:

Sure, here’s a letter from a “Notre Dame fan” who attended the game at College Station:

Dear Aggie Fans,

I hope this letter finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for the incredible experience I had at the game this past Saturday in College Station. As a Notre Dame fan, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was absolutely blown away by the hospitality and warmth of the Aggie community.

From the moment I arrived, I was welcomed with open arms. The tailgating scene was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced – the food, the camaraderie, and the spirit of the fans were truly something special. It was clear that Aggie fans are not just passionate about their team, but also about making visitors feel at home.

During the game, the energy in Kyle Field was electric. The Aggie fans’ enthusiasm and support for their team were contagious, and I found myself cheering along with them. The traditions, the yells, and the unity of the 12th Man were awe-inspiring. It was a privilege to witness such a display of school spirit and dedication.

Even after the game, the kindness of the Aggie fans continued. Whether it was a friendly conversation or a simple gesture of goodwill, every interaction left a positive impression. It’s not often that you leave an opposing team’s stadium feeling like you’ve made new friends, but that’s exactly how I felt.

Thank you, Aggie fans, for showing me what true sportsmanship and hospitality look like. You have set a high standard for what it means to be a fan, and I will always remember my time in College Station with fondness. I look forward to the next time our paths cross, and I hope to return the favor when you visit us in South Bend.

Gig 'em and Go Irish!

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
Notre Dame Fan

I hope this captures the spirit you were looking for! If you need any adjustments, feel free to let me know.

Obviously fake. No directions given…
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

A Notre Dame fan/alum capitalizing midnight yell, lol.  No one here knows what the fuck that is, but the uneducated ND students and fans will learn really quick if we allow that shit to take place on campus next year.  We do have our own cheesy night tradition - the drummers in the band do a practice the night before gamedays outside on the steps of the Main Building (gold dome).  But its much less creepy... and way less rapey. 

Oh it is 100% fake, they have been doing this for decades, back when I was a lazy college student I used to visit so many forums from other teams and I literally caught an exact same post one from a Clemson fan and one from a Tennesse fan in their respective forums writing word for word the exact same post extolling the greatness of Kyle Field and the aggies. These were podunk backwater message boards with three people, so no way it was a Texas troll, why do they do this is a deepseated inferiority complex that would entertain psychologists for centuries.

• Hook 'Em 1

Anyone actually watch him speak during their press conference this week?  Holy shit that guy is dumb as a block of bricks.  Hes also 5-4 as a starter with most of the 5 being against really shitty opponents.  Their backups they are crying for are unproven and not good at passing the football.  Definitely should beat them by 10 plus this year. 

6 hours ago, linux said:

Oh it is 100% fake, they have been doing this for decades, back when I was a lazy college student I used to visit so many forums from other teams and I literally caught an exact same post one from a Clemson fan and one from a Tennesse fan in their respective forums writing word for word the exact same post extolling the greatness of Kyle Field and the aggies. These were podunk backwater message boards with three people, so no way it was a Texas troll, why do they do this is a deepseated inferiority complex that would entertain psychologists for centuries.

Well aware.  Been reading these posts for 20 years now and it's amazing - not just the lack of originality - but how aggy lap up this fan fiction like a parched dog in the desert. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, po elvis said:

just plugged this request into Bing AI Chat and this is what it gave me.

You
Sent by you:
can you write a letter written by a Texas A&M football fan pretending to be written by a Notre Dame fan who went to the game saturday in College Station saying how great aggie fans are and what a great time they had.
Sent by Copilot:

Sure, here’s a letter from a “Notre Dame fan” who attended the game at College Station:

Dear Aggie Fans,

I hope this letter finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for the incredible experience I had at the game this past Saturday in College Station. As a Notre Dame fan, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was absolutely blown away by the hospitality and warmth of the Aggie community.

From the moment I arrived, I was welcomed with open arms. The tailgating scene was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced – the food, the camaraderie, and the spirit of the fans were truly something special. It was clear that Aggie fans are not just passionate about their team, but also about making visitors feel at home.

During the game, the energy in Kyle Field was electric. The Aggie fans’ enthusiasm and support for their team were contagious, and I found myself cheering along with them. The traditions, the yells, and the unity of the 12th Man were awe-inspiring. It was a privilege to witness such a display of school spirit and dedication.

Even after the game, the kindness of the Aggie fans continued. Whether it was a friendly conversation or a simple gesture of goodwill, every interaction left a positive impression. It’s not often that you leave an opposing team’s stadium feeling like you’ve made new friends, but that’s exactly how I felt.

Thank you, Aggie fans, for showing me what true sportsmanship and hospitality look like. You have set a high standard for what it means to be a fan, and I will always remember my time in College Station with fondness. I look forward to the next time our paths cross, and I hope to return the favor when you visit us in South Bend.

Gig 'em and Go Irish!

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
Notre Dame Fan

I hope this captures the spirit you were looking for! If you need any adjustments, feel free to let me know.

The part I don’t get is why they have to go so over the top with their made up bullshit. Here’s a real one, and even if it were fake, it’s normal and believable. No need to slob the knob over every fucking little detail that you weirdos revere.

image.thumb.png.3d4018ebf651d2cf119db57edcab2115.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Was there ever one posted by an alleged Appalachian State fan?

Chat GPT has it covered.

**An Open Letter to the Texas A&M Community**  
*From a Grateful Appalachian State Mountaineer Fan*

To the Students, Staff, and Fans of Texas A&M University,

I hope this letter finds you well, and I want to take a moment to express my heartfelt appreciation for the remarkable hospitality I experienced during my visit to College Station for the Appalachian State-Texas A&M football game on September 10, 2022.

As a fan of Appalachian State, I was filled with excitement and anticipation as I made the trip to College Station, knowing that our Mountaineers were about to face off against a storied and respected program like Texas A&M. To be honest, I knew it was going to be a tough matchup for our team, but regardless of the outcome, I was excited for the experience of visiting such a legendary football environment.

What I didn't fully anticipate, however, was the level of warmth, generosity, and class that the Aggie faithful would show us throughout the entire weekend. From the moment I stepped onto your campus, I was struck by the kindness extended by everyone I met—whether it was students helping us find our way around, fellow fans sharing stories and laughs, or even a simple “Howdy” from a stranger. It was clear that Texas A&M's tradition of respect, sportsmanship, and hospitality runs deep.

When we made our way into Kyle Field, the atmosphere was electric. I have been to many college football games, but there is something truly special about the Aggie experience. The way you honor your traditions—like the 12th Man, the Aggie War Hymn, and the spirit of your student body—was nothing short of inspiring. It was a privilege to witness the unity and pride that fills every corner of your stadium.

Of course, as the game unfolded, I was thrilled by how well our Mountaineers played, but even as the underdog Appalachian State took down the No. 6 team in the nation, the Texas A&M fans remained gracious and respectful. It is a testament to your character that, even in defeat, so many of you congratulated us, wished us well, and continued to show nothing but class. That kind of sportsmanship is what makes college football such a special sport and why fans like me cherish these experiences for a lifetime.

In closing, I just want to say thank you. Thank you to the entire Texas A&M community for your kindness, hospitality, and for making my time in College Station a weekend I will never forget. While the scoreboard may have reflected a Mountaineer victory that day, I left with a deep admiration and respect for Texas A&M, its fans, and everything your university stands for.

I look forward to seeing Texas A&M continue to succeed in the years to come, and I hope we cross paths again on the gridiron soon. And when that day comes, I will do my best to extend the same hospitality to the Aggie faithful that I experienced in College Station.

With heartfelt gratitude and respect,

**A Proud Appalachian State Fan**

Edit:  Microsoft Co-pilot doesn't write Aggie nearly as well as Chat GPT:

Spoiler

Dear Texas A&M University and Aggie Fans,

I hope this letter finds you well. As a proud fan of Appalachian State University, I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for the incredible hospitality you showed us during our visit to College Station on September 10, 2022.

The game itself was unforgettable, with Appalachian State securing a thrilling 17-14 victory over your esteemed team1. However, what truly stood out to us was the warm welcome and graciousness extended by the Texas A&M community. From the moment we arrived, we were met with kindness and respect, which made our experience all the more memorable.

Your traditions, such as the Aggie War Hymn and the 12th Man, were awe-inspiring to witness in person. The passion and pride you have for your university and football team are truly commendable. Despite the competitive nature of the game, your fans were nothing but courteous and friendly, embodying the true spirit of sportsmanship.

We deeply appreciate the efforts made by Texas A&M to ensure that visiting fans felt comfortable and included. The hospitality shown by your students, alumni, and staff was exceptional, and it left a lasting impression on all of us who traveled to support the Mountaineers.

Thank you once again for your generosity and for making our visit to College Station an experience we will cherish forever. We look forward to the possibility of future matchups and the opportunity to return the favor when you visit Boone.

With sincere gratitude,

A Fan of Appalachian State University

1: ESPN Game Summary

GPT must be using TexAgs as its source for the fan fiction.

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

The rubes on Texags have now convinced themselves that Notre Dame has the single best defense in the country and they shouldn’t have any more problems when they only have to face feeble SEC defenses. Roller coaster climbing…click…click…click

Yeah it is a bit baffling.  Last week Notre Dame was no match for SEC speed, and this week they are vastly superior to all of the previously touted SEC teams.  I get so confused.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, nnm said:

Caption:

1)”I have no idea what I’m doing!”

2)”I made a huge mistake!”

3)”I don’t get paid enough for this!”

4) [your contribution]
IMG_3784.gif.93a65278bbed1b6ba017b0c35081d941.gif

Is that dude eating the new loaded creamed corn and smash burger slider I heard we're selling this year?

https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/football/new-concessions-at-kyle-field-2024-tamu-aggies-football-season/article_066a4148-63f2-11ef-b39a-3bab49af7a5e.html

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

Well aware.  Been reading these posts for 20 years now and it's amazing - not just the lack of originality - but how aggy lap up this fan fiction like a parched dog in the desert. 

They want so desperately to be liked. They are the self-proclaimed greatest fans in all of sport.

These "greatest fans" are the worst hosting fans I have ever witnessed, and always viciously turn on their starting QBs. In this case, it didn't take a full game into a new season with a new coach to do so.

28 minutes ago, nnm said:

Caption:

1)”I have no idea what I’m doing!”

2)”I made a huge mistake!”

3)”I don’t get paid enough for this!”

4) [your contribution]
IMG_3784.gif.93a65278bbed1b6ba017b0c35081d941.gif

"I hope I can make it to halftime. I'm about to pass out. I need to eat a whole cheesecake and wash it down with some YooHoo!"

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

That's EXACTLY why I had to go back and re-watch, looking carefully at the Elko shots, so I could capture the video and make a gif.  I remember thinking at the time "look at that vacant stare, gaping mouth, mouth-breathing coach.  THAT is what they decided would take them to the next level?  Really?!?"  In real time it was striking to me.  It took me a while this morning to scroll through and find that shot, but I'm glad I did.  

• Hook 'Em 1

As I watched the ags and Irish slapfight last weekend, I was unfortunately taken back to a dark period for me as a Texas fan. The year was 2016, Texas' 3rd season under Charlie Strong. Texas started that season against a top 10 ND team that I had very little hope we would beat. Behind the arm of Buchelle and the running of Swoopes, Texas pulled off the huge upset. That night, for the first time I heard the phrase that would haunt me for the next several years..."Texas is Back!" As the season wore on, it became apparent that neither the Horns or the Irish were worth a shit and the Horns were in fact "Not Back".

That brings me to last weekend, where the ags lost a close game to the highly ranked Irish. Many ags have taken solace in fact that their team fought hard in Elko's first game, and could've won if they would have caught a few more breaks. My gut tells me that by the end of this season, most will realize that just like in 2016, the Irish are just not very good. Even harder for them to accept will be the fact that they are not very good either, and the Elko experiment may not be working according to plan.

• Hook 'Em 4

So I rewatched it looking for when the meme was shown, it really is as hillarious as you would expect from the gomers.

Second to last play of the game

Aggie down 10, wiggy scrambles and throws a lawn dart 5 yards behind their running back safety valve

Elko screams "run the fucking ball!"

They run it and game ends.

Imagine spending the entire game looking like Homer Simpson, then at the last moment blowing up on your OC on national TV because he did not raise the white flag fast enough. Classic gomers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2024 at 4:08 PM, bluto said:

Weig is damaged goods after the jimbo yrs

How would this have not been evident in practice long before taking the field against the Domers?

Narrator: It probably was evident but, sadly for aggy, CW's still their best option.

Edited by wood