• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 9/4/2024 at 11:59 AM, FloridaHorn said:

As I watched the ags and Irish slapfight last weekend, I was unfortunately taken back to a dark period for me as a Texas fan. The year was 2016, Texas' 3rd season under Charlie Strong. Texas started that season against a top 10 ND team that I had very little hope we would beat. Behind the arm of Buchelle and the running of Swoopes, Texas pulled off the huge upset. That night, for the first time I heard the phrase that would haunt me for the next several years..."Texas is Back!" As the season wore on, it became apparent that neither the Horns or the Irish were worth a shit and the Horns were in fact "Not Back".

That brings me to last weekend, where the ags lost a close game to the highly ranked Irish. Many ags have taken solace in fact that their team fought hard in Elko's first game, and could've won if they would have caught a few more breaks. My gut tells me that by the end of this season, most will realize that just like in 2016, the Irish are just not very good. Even harder for them to accept will be the fact that they are not very good either, and the Elko experiment may not be working according to plan.

13 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

I mentioned a few days ago in this thread how last weeks game reminded me of our victory over ND. Turned out that year that we both sucked and the ags are going to realize they lost to a pretty shitty team.

Nailed it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

This weekend was rough on aTm...not only did hated rival Texas make a statement win, but aggy lost some luster....

Aggy is the only team that considers "quality losses" like wins  Every other team tracks wins and losses... Aggy tracks wins, losses, and quality losses....the ND game was a quality loss......well, untilNorthern Illinois best ND

Poor aggy!

tu is the worst two win team in the nation! Stupid sip

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Texas #5: Michigan is clearly not the same team that won it all last year. Their offense can not dictate anything at the line of scrimmage and their defense is a shell of itself. A fortunate Texas team that got several lucky bounces came away with a closer-than-it-looked victory in front of a docile, early morning crowd. They should consider themselves lucky it wasn't a night game later in the year. I'm just not sold that this team can compete later in the year against tough competition on the road, hint-hint-hint.

A&M #4: What more needs to be said? Elko may already be the top coach after two games in the history of the sport. He had his team focused and playing at a high level yet again. Despite losing a heartbreaker to a top 10 (at the time so that counts all year!) Notre Dame squad, the Aggies rolled a formidable FCS opponent. (And how about Notre Dame? They clearly spent their entire off-season preparing for the Aggies, leaving it all in the field, only to lose a nailbiter to a very tough Northern Illinois squad.) Weigman completely redeemed himself with a masterful, no interception performance  against a stout defense. Name another starter on any team that could pull that off! Keep an eye on those Heisman lists. Elko has them perfectly positioned for that CFP appearance. He looked great on the sidelines too. Maybe lost a couple of pounds this week.

I actually think there’s a good chance this is a real article from an aggy writer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

it is my fervent wish that Gata beats the Aggys this Saturday.   Not only do we need SEC wins to get bowl eligible, but Aggy will be seen as losing to a current dumpster fire of a program with a freshman quarterback.

Let the perfect storm happen. 

I know it was Samford….but have to feel pretty good about how DJ played

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

it is my fervent wish that Gata beats the Aggys this Saturday.   Not only do we need SEC wins to get bowl eligible, but Aggy will be seen as losing to a current dumpster fire of a program with a freshman quarterback.

SaM KiNiSoN~ LiVe fRoM hELL

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Why do you think we let you hang out here,other than being a good contributor, seem pretty rational for this group, and volunteering to help our tailgate efforts when we come to Florida?

I think it is time for your super secret mission. Infiltrate texags and be the poster about how how great they are, how you know your allegiance to Florida is wrong and that they are the most dominant school. We will assign you writers, editors and a cover name. I am thinking Teabags. (That is what autocorrect changes Texags to on my computer.)

See, we have allies across the SEC and aggy is going to find out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I think it is time for your super secret mission. Infiltrate texags and be the poster about how how great they are, how you know your allegiance to Florida is wrong and that they are the most dominant school. We will assign you writers, editors and a cover name. I am thinking Teabags. (That is what autocorrect changes Texags to on my computer.)

See, we have allies across the SEC and aggy is going to find out.

Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I think it is time for your super secret mission. Infiltrate texags and be the poster about how how great they are, how you know your allegiance to Florida is wrong and that they are the most dominant school. We will assign you writers, editors and a cover name. I am thinking Teabags. (That is what autocorrect changes Texags to on my computer.).

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

I was hoping you would not say that. Last chance. A simple infiltration to texags. Recommend some bars that suit their likes. Best glory hole locations, etc. Make sure you mention the Aaron Hernandez statue and how it must be visited.

Or here is what happens.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

31 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Finally, someone found a righteous purpose for chat AI. Congratulations, and alert Silicon Valley.

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, TOR said:

Is that a fancy name for 'ball gag?'

It's what your vet does when you tell him you need that bitch to get her vocal cords nicked so she can't bark all damn day and half the night. If your vet is a Good Ag he won't ask any questions.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Win or you're out of the family!!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Also the lagway spurning aggy down the stretch during their wannabe flip szn angle

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

Also the lagway spurning aggy down the stretch during their wannabe flip szn angle

You apparently haven't heard that, according to several well-connected texags posters, Lagway is gonna portal back to aggy and lead the fightin' texum bulldogs to the 2025 natty, ya stoopid sip.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Texas #5: Michigan is clearly not the same team that won it all last year. Their offense can not dictate anything at the line of scrimmage and their defense is a shell of itself. A fortunate Texas team that got several lucky bounces came away with a closer-than-it-looked victory in front of a docile, early morning crowd. They should consider themselves lucky it wasn't a night game later in the year. I'm just not sold that this team can compete later in the year against tough competition on the road, hint-hint-hint.

A&M #4: What more needs to be said? Elko may already be the top coach after two games in the history of the sport. He had his team focused and playing at a high level yet again. Despite losing a heartbreaker to a top 10 (at the time so that counts all year!) Notre Dame squad, the Aggies rolled a formidable FCS opponent. (And how about Notre Dame? They clearly spent their entire off-season preparing for the Aggies, leaving it all in the field, only to lose a nailbiter to a very tough Northern Illinois squad.) Weigman completely redeemed himself with a masterful, no interception performance  against a stout defense. Name another starter on any team that could pull that off! Keep an eye on those Heisman lists. Elko has them perfectly positioned for that CFP appearance. He looked great on the sidelines too. Maybe lost a couple of pounds this week.

Mother of god.  The delusion.  It hurts.

The gig'em Gazette Presents:

This week in aggieland - The Valiant, Brave and never say quit Texum football team vanquished the top FCS school in the nation on the first step to the CFP and a National Title Appearance. For the full details of the amazing game and aggie team work don't forget to visit the king of knowledge on all things aggie football and deepinsider fun with The Loochinator.

Details are coming forth in regards to the aggie class action lawsuit against certain internet message boards, posters and other nefarious activities. I have it on good authority that the NSA and FBI have become involved and are now coordinating with Texas Rangers. More info coming soon.

While speaking with the FBI early this morning I got some very disturbing news. Based on what the Federal agent told me, a combined  DEA, CIA, FBI and the Pontifical Swiss Guard has come together in regards to an international plan to promote t.u., denigrate the top national team Notre Domes playoff path and perhaps even a death attempt of a global authority of sorts.

In CRAZY news it might actually be linked to the bus incident of the McNeese State teenage homeless children being bused to the National Train and Military History mecca that is College Station. They were eagerly looking forward to meeting the aggie nation and watch the game when tragedy struck. Not all the specifics are in, but early indications and insider info is telling me the bus went off the road in the swamp on the drive in. Redasses, having heard about it via short wave and CB radio mounted rescue operations. The early evidence indicates the use of aggie owned swamp boats may have prevented the children from being devoured by alligators. This next part is going to seem crazy, but there are whispers that somehow cocaine was involved. That, and wait for this aggie loyal and kind, God fearing lovers of humanity... the alligators might have consumed cocaine in the swamp. Details are still murky, but we here at Tales and the entire Gazette staff are on the ball. More info coming soon.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe4

image.thumb.png.93aaaec42c744caf880216b727e2ad85.png

(Editorial commentary: That picture is sooooo great.)

Texas A&M football, left out of Top 25 again, will have to earn respect in Mike Elko's first year
It should go without saying that not nearly as many eyes were on Texas A&M football in week two as opposed to week one. When College Gameday rolls into town and you have a top-10 opponent as your night game matchup at one of the most electric venues in the sport, you're bound to have a lot of attention. When you have an 11:45 AM kick against McNeese, you're bound to have... not as much attention.

ADVERTISING

Of course, in a game like this, that's usually a good thing. People's eyes usually only settle on these kinds of matchups when there's an absolute trainwreck happening (see Dame, Notre).

The converse of this, though, is that you are unlikely to improve your stock really at all, no matter what happens. This is what we saw with the Aggies this week; despite being the first team out of the AP rankings last week, A&M dropped a couple of spots again to what essentially amounts to 28th.

This is part of what stings so much about last week's loss: it was the opportunity to announce yourself as a team in a completely different "slot" than you have been over the last few years. Instead, the Aggies looked... pretty similarly to what they had been recently.

It'll take some time to undo that impression, even among the fanbase. For example, Weigman was absolutely dealing against McNeese, but some fans had heard so much about his footwork over the past week that they just started saying the word over and over without any barometer for what it should look like.

Point being, A&M will have to earn respect this season. They have three more huge opportunities to do so, and one beginning step this weekend against Florida. Can they do it? We'll just have to see.

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

image.thumb.png.93aaaec42c744caf880216b727e2ad85.png

(Editorial commentary: That picture is sooooo great.)

Somebody needs to tell The Elk that white is NOT slimming.  He looks like an angry Frosty the Snowman.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

This man knows so much about football:

image.thumb.png.dab73eec45235ca5f174a83aedaa2d86.png

(Editorial commentary: Those of you expecting Graham to tell us, "Yes, we should be worried" are in for a big surprise!

One of the things most fans were sure of when Mike Elko became the head man at Texas A&M football was that the Aggies would boast a solid rush defense. Since Elko became the defensive coordinator back in 2018, rarely have the Aggies had a subpar unit in that regard (with 2022 being the glaring exception).

Through two games, however, the raw numbers for the Ags on that front are not exactly looking encouraging.

There have no doubt been play-level concerns with the Aggie rushing D. Some missed fits on the back end have led to explosive runs in both games, including both scores for Notre Dame in game one.

But down in and down out, it's been pretty hard for teams to find rushing success against these Aggies, especially between the tackles. Success Rate is a metric that measures how consistently a team is able to get the yards required to keep a drive alive. Against Notre Dame, and McNeese, the Aggies allowed a 29% success rate and 32% success rate, respectively. For context, Texas allowed 38% rushing success against Colorado State, as did UGA against Clemson.

Really, the biggest issue for this Aggie team seems to be a fixable one: every now and then, the second-level defenders take a bad angle and/or the end plays too far inside, allowing backs to get the edge. Nearly every big run from McNeese was in this mold; while Notre Dame had a few go for big gains between the tackles, that was partially due to the defensive backs being out of position.

This is a facet that will be tested this weekend, so it had better be a big area of focus for Elko and Bateman. Playing consistently and with your head on straight is what matters with run defense, and the Ags need to improve on that front.

The ability of the Aggies to stonewall opposing OLs, though, is just like we all hoped it would be. Though, as Carter Karels noted above, the Aggies have not recorded many sacks this year, they have notched quite a few tackles for loss. Increased discipline on the edge of the defensive line will go a long way here in fixing these issues and shutting down these explosive runs.

• Haha 4