• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

Weigman isn't going to ever beat the allegations he's shit against good teams and good against shit teams

He's going to need to play well against a good team first. Or win a road game. Or actually be good. He's the walking example of a 7v7 QB who is great with no pressure and melts under pressure.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

This man knows so much about football:

0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe4

image.thumb.png.dab73eec45235ca5f174a83aedaa2d86.png

(Editorial commentary: Those of you expecting Graham to tell us, "Yes, we should be worried" are in for a big surprise!

Thank you for posting this dork's articles, I look forward to reading more.

Lulz at him posting that stat comparing our run defense to aggy, what a joke.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, TexLonghorn said:

I found where Elko got his game day attire for the first two games.  And such a good deal - they even came with pillows included!

image.png.e28ce7ab1211dca57223e362eeba2d76.png

I bet they always screw up and get 2 left pillows instead of getting one left, one right, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TexLonghorn said:

I found where Elko got his game day attire for the first two games.  And such a good deal - they even came with pillows included!

It’s funny that they felt they needed to give aggy instructions on which side of the bed to place the pillows, which I didn’t even know needed a choice. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s funny that they felt they needed to give aggy instructions on which side of the bed to place the pillows, which I didn’t even know needed a choice. 

Well, in TAMU’s defense, this is the bed pillow situation with which they are most familiar:

cuddle-planes-trains-and-automobiles.gif

• Haha 4

0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe447f97c8f3a59dfe3ad4887f5.jpg
image.thumb.png.93aaaec42c744caf880216b727e2ad85.png
(Editorial commentary: That picture is sooooo great.)
Texas A&M football, left out of Top 25 again, will have to earn respect in Mike Elko's first year
It should go without saying that not nearly as many eyes were on Texas A&M football in week two as opposed to week one. When College Gameday rolls into town and you have a top-10 opponent as your night game matchup at one of the most electric venues in the sport, you're bound to have a lot of attention. When you have an 11:45 AM kick against McNeese, you're bound to have... not as much attention.

ADVERTISING

Of course, in a game like this, that's usually a good thing. People's eyes usually only settle on these kinds of matchups when there's an absolute trainwreck happening (see Dame, Notre).
The converse of this, though, is that you are unlikely to improve your stock really at all, no matter what happens. This is what we saw with the Aggies this week; despite being the first team out of the AP rankings last week, A&M dropped a couple of spots again to what essentially amounts to 28th.
This is part of what stings so much about last week's loss: it was the opportunity to announce yourself as a team in a completely different "slot" than you have been over the last few years. Instead, the Aggies looked... pretty similarly to what they had been recently.

It'll take some time to undo that impression, even among the fanbase. For example, Weigman was absolutely dealing against McNeese, but some fans had heard so much about his footwork over the past week that they just started saying the word over and over without any barometer for what it should look like.
Point being, A&M will have to earn respect this season. They have three more huge opportunities to do so, and one beginning step this weekend against Florida. Can they do it? We'll just have to see.

b9bdf188f375e774e243c7dbe1cc09d8.gif
0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe447f97c8f3a59dfe3ad4887f5.jpg
Texas A&M football, left out of Top 25 again, will have to earn respect in Mike Elko's first year
It should go without saying that not nearly as many eyes were on Texas A&M football in week two as opposed to week one. When College Gameday rolls into town and you have a top-10 opponent as your night game matchup at one of the most electric venues in the sport, you're bound to have a lot of attention. When you have an 11:45 AM kick against McNeese, you're bound to have... not as much attention.

ADVERTISING

Of course, in a game like this, that's usually a good thing. People's eyes usually only settle on these kinds of matchups when there's an absolute trainwreck happening (see Dame, Notre).
The converse of this, though, is that you are unlikely to improve your stock really at all, no matter what happens. This is what we saw with the Aggies this week; despite being the first team out of the AP rankings last week, A&M dropped a couple of spots again to what essentially amounts to 28th.
This is part of what stings so much about last week's loss: it was the opportunity to announce yourself as a team in a completely different "slot" than you have been over the last few years. Instead, the Aggies looked... pretty similarly to what they had been recently.

It'll take some time to undo that impression, even among the fanbase. For example, Weigman was absolutely dealing against McNeese, but some fans had heard so much about his footwork over the past week that they just started saying the word over and over without any barometer for what it should look like.
Point being, A&M will have to earn respect this season. They have three more huge opportunities to do so, and one beginning step this weekend against Florida. Can they do it? We'll just have to see.

b9bdf188f375e774e243c7dbe1cc09d8.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

The open end of the pillowcase is supposed to face the outside of the bed.  

3 hours ago, NoName said:

Weigman isn't going to ever beat the allegations he's shit against good teams and good against shit teams

I mean, WTF. It's against a shitty fucking FCS school. Here want a fucking cookie?!

sarcastic drag race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Edited by mannewers

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Those molasses shoe filled receivers they have aren’t getting open vs good defenses. Someone posted it but the third fastest player on their team is a backup DE and I don’t think any WR’s were in the top 5.  

That just proves how much team speed they have, you stupid sip. Looch told me this in fall camp.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

It's like the old joke about aggy landscapers. Green side up

Edited by mr. sunshine
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe4

Beating fucking Florida at THIS point won’t make a shit. They should beat them. 

the problem will be when gata beats them. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

54 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

T.J. Shanahan arrested last night. Must have been celebrating the Aggie's big victory over McNeece.

Arrested for racing? Win one game vs MattNeese and all of a sudden they think they're Georgia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, deft said:

No, intox minor. The racing is someone different altogether. You have to click the tweet to see it. I guess it’s a weird summary thumbnail.

CSPD ran in an Aggie football player on MIP?!?  He must have murdered someone. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

T.J. Shanahan arrested last night. Must have been celebrating the Aggie's big victory over McNeece.

Elko has contacted Bob Stoops for guidance on how to handle discipline for this infraction.

Edited by lilMAC25

16 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

He's going to need to play well against a good team first. Or win a road game. Or actually be good. He's the walking example of a 7v7 QB who is great with no pressure and melts under pressure.

I don't see where the Wig's QBR was that high? I'm only seeing in the 70s.

11 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

11/14 for 125 yards is dealing? Wasn't that Quinn's 1st quarter?

Are you dumb?????? He was averaging almost 9 yards a pass, that's almost a first down every time he let's is fly, dealing a first down whenever he wants. Nevermind the fact that he only threw it 14 times. No reason to think about only throwing it 14 times!!!/s

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

I apologize to any in advance, nah, fuck it.

What adult has college bedding? Kids? ok.  Adults? fuck no. Guest room? Only if in laws are from a rival school and you know it pisses them off.

17 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I don’t think he’s limited himself to dicks. He looks like a guy where everything is on the menu. And all the dicks are breaded and deep fried. Probably with an extra side of gravy. 

I think even Bob Stoops would be horrified at the spread Elko would have on the table.

Elko: "I have acquired Mangino's mons pubis, I use the fat for the gravy."

• Haha 4