Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 9/7/2024 at 7:02 PM, Bookman said:

A&M is clearly the best one-loss team in the country. They lost a tough one, at home, after losing their coach and getting bad QB play. Advantage Aggies. 

Notre Dame suffered an emotional letdown after playing at Kyle Field. Advantage Aggies. 

Michigan got dusted. They were never in the game. Advantage Aggies. 

It's better to lose earlier in the season than later. Advantage Aggies. 

Aggies play at Kyle Field and it's tough to win at Kyle Field. Advantage Aggies. 

spacer.png

On 9/8/2024 at 10:26 AM, InkaUtexas said:

Why do you think we let you hang out here,other than being a good contributor, seem pretty rational for this group, and volunteering to help our tailgate efforts when we come to Florida?

I think it is time for your super secret mission. Infiltrate texags and be the poster about how how great they are, how you know your allegiance to Florida is wrong and that they are the most dominant school. We will assign you writers, editors and a cover name. I am thinking Teabags. (That is what autocorrect changes Texags to on my computer.)

See, we have allies across the SEC and aggy is going to find out.

Our toxins fill the humid air of the Old South. All who breathe take in the miasma. They become our slaves. You should have listened to the sober warnings of the dear old Texas Aggies from Texas. 

20 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

We are number 2 in AP poll

Last time aggy was ranked number 2?

lololol

20 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

That was right after beating Texas without Akins and before getting bent over in Arkansas, wasn’t it?

They assassinated Akins with a shot on his bad knee (Lester Hayes?). It was a nightmare after that because the back-up couldn't run the bone.

An undefeated Aggie team got destroyed by Arkansas the next week in a game that had been moved like one of out shootouts had been. A&M went to the Liberty Bowl (the bowl system was so fucked up) and lost, of course, ending one of their greatest face plants ever.  

image.png.ee0fdc17e37571f0b7dbeb3c1e0822db.png

image.png.69ad32efa069fe369c9cd334c7e57513.pngThat's too obvious even for me to write about.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Rage+1 1

• Replies 76.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

He is a wish-casting fan presenting himself as a writer. Nothing more.

Yeah, it's fan fiction and I'm biased but I think gig'em Gazette Presents: This Week in aggieland is a lot more realistic and seems to have much better sources.

• Haha 1

I honestly thought you had somehow altered the language.  That's hilarious.  Equally hilarious the obvious dig at the dirty sips (aka tu) by saying UT moves into 2nd place.

He also predicts the 12 playoff teams, and he's got Northern Illinois as the G5 at-large.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Fucking LOL.  If there was ever a definition of “damned by faint praise,” that’s it.  
His assessment of Texas’ good points was tempered with the caveat of “we have to consider the quality of the opponent,” a Big 10 program coming off a national championship. 

Then goes on to say how much we learned about Aggy after playing FCS opponent McNeese State.  

Calls the Texas OL and DL as “soft” and praise aggy lines after playing McNeese.  Lol. 

Calls Texas “probably” a top 15 team.  Gee thanks   

Who actually reads this shit for anything more than a laugh?

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Says CW grew “steadily more comfortable as the game wore on.”  Didn’t he play for barely more than a half of football throwing for 125 yards against McNeese?  If McNeese causes you discomfort, it’s gonna be a rough year.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Fucking LOL.  If there was ever a definition of “damned by faint praise,” that’s it.  
His assessment of Texas’ good points was tempered with the caveat of “we have to consider the quality of the opponent,” a Big 10 program coming off a national championship. 

Then goes on to say how much we learned about Aggy after playing FCS opponent McNeese State.  

Calls the Texas OL and DL as “soft” and praise aggy lines after playing McNeese.  Lol. 

Who actually reads this shit for anything more than a laugh?

These guys

image.jpeg.7dead7eada77c9a974918136b1b49800.jpeg

and these people.

image.jpeg.475e337db941e7b614b672016e463de0.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Anybody here think Michigan will end up any lower than 8-4?

I want to feed a Graham-esque set of prompts into ChatGPT and see what pops out.  That might be what "he" is doing.

They only have 4 potential losses on their remaining schedule-- USC, Washington, Oregon, and Ohio State.  They're not going to lose all of those.  If they split them they're 9-3 which sounds about right to me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, utee94 said:

They only have 4 potential losses on their remaining schedule-- USC, Washington, Oregon, and Ohio State.  They're not going to lose all of those.  If they split them they're 9-3 which sounds about right to me.

Yeah, I think some here have definitely lost sight of the reality that while UM no doubt has issues, Texas is just that fucking good. That game plan was the best in Sarks tenure and Ewers has never played better. Texas is an extremely good team. Michigan is not, but they're not ND, CU, aggie, FSU, Florida levels of bad.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah, I think some here have definitely lost sight of the reality that while UM no doubt has issues, Texas is just that fucking good. That game plan was the best in Sarks tenure and Ewers has never played better. Texas is an extremely good team. Michigan is not, but they're not ND, CU, aggie, FSU, Florida levels of bad.

And the RB's showed up. OL did a great job protecting Quinn and opening up the line.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I think “good game plan” often gets confused with “good execution” and vice versa (yeah, there’s some interaction between the two), but the “fuck it, we’ll gas your stud DTs, then target their replacements” was greatness, even apart from everything else. Not that it is necessarily revolutionary, but that it all fit together so seamlessly.

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Then goes on to say how much we learned about Aggy after playing FCS opponent McNeese State, who hasn't won a football game since November 2022.  

You forgot one detail.

Edit to say I'm wrong on this.  McNeese beat Sothern this season, so they've won 1 game since Thanksgiving of 2022.  But they did finish with more yards and higher yards per rush vs Aggy than Southern.  So they got that going for them, which is nice.

Edited by Wiler77
McNeese actually is a powerhouse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I think “good game plan” often gets confused with “good execution” and vice versa (yeah, there’s some interaction between the two), but the “fuck it, we’ll gas your stud DTs, then target their replacements” was greatness, even apart from everything else. Not that it is necessarily revolutionary, but that it all fit together so seamlessly.

Agreed on plan vs execution and while I only mentioned Ewers great play the entire team was executing the great plan perfectly. So in this case, both occurred which is madly encouraging and if it continues... well.. we will have a pretty good season.

But getting back on point..

aggies execution against McNeese was fantastic. McNeese is a real threat to win some games in the MAC conference which we all know is second only to the SEC SEC SEC

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

The amazing part is I invented the most ludicrous "analysis" by this guy in a fake preview of his Week 2 Rankings.

It took me about 45 seconds Sunday morning as a goof.

And I wasn't that far off. Yet he probably labored over this for hours ... or then again, maybe not.

Edited to add their schtick is clearly troll clickbait. Even the dumbass format where every team is a new page requiring a click.

Edited by gofuckyourself

I would absolutely love to find out he's someone's "beard" from here that is just pulling a long game aggie troll.

I think he knows there may be money in pushing this BS to them and is moving in on texags etc. looch should be paying attention
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Yo that Greg guy keeps spouting concerns for Texas, and they may be...but all this "we just don't know" BS is just that.

There's only 1 maybe 2 teams that can exploit the OL for Texas and it's probably just Georgia...so let's say they lose that game, and they have a mistake filled RRR AGAIN...they'd have 2 losses(they're not losing to aggy) and STILL clearly be a top 8-10 team regardless.

I don't see him using the same logic for Georgia who played even WORSE competition than Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"Yes, Texas did make the playoff and win the matchups the committee delivered to them on silver platter.  But we are justified in questioning their watered-down national title, and we won't crown them world beaters just yet, as much as their fans would say otherwise."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

I saw all of their offensive snaps vs Mcnesse, and while it could be argued that he did not throw it into the ground like he repeatedly did vs Notre Dame at the end of the day he was throwing it exclusively to stationary receivers, which is fine for a year 1 QB vs low tier FCS not for a year 3 one vs P2. They are for a continual roller coaster collapse.

Edited by linux
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, linux said:

I saw all of their offensive snaps vs Mcnesse, and while it could be argued that he did not throw it into the ground like he repeatedly did vs Notre Dame at the end of the day he was throwing it exclusively to stationary receivers, which is fine for a year 1 QB vs low tier FCS not for a year 3 one vs P2. They are for a continual roller coaster collapse.

Why? Just read texags. Every snap was perfection, no errors, and McNeese has a top tier defense. See, saved you how much time? Or did the wife have a really shitty assignment for you and justification was "but babe, I need to research this so I can post on a very important internet portal full of my peers."

If so, carry on.

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Why? Just read texags. Every snap was perfection, no errors, and McNeese has a top tier defense. See, saved you how much time? Or did the wife have a really shitty assignment for you and justification was "but babe, I need to research this so I can post on a very important internet portal full of my peers."

If so, carry on.

Oh I know but it feel so good when I know they will predictably fall flat on their face. If they were as good as Texags claims I would only tune in if the game was close, but based on what I watched UF vs aggy is must see TV, win or lose they will humiliate themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

But getting back on point..

aggies execution against McNeese was fantastic. McNeese is a real threat to win some games in the MAC conference which we all know is second only to the SEC SEC SEC

MAC?

Just where do you think McNeese State is located, anyway? They'd be a last-place team, easy, in the MAC (an FBS league). Hell, they may be bottom tier in the Southland.

it is my fervent wish that Gata beats the Aggys this Saturday.   Not only do we need SEC wins to get bowl eligible, but Aggy will be seen as losing to a current dumpster fire of a program with a freshman quarterback.
Let the perfect storm happen. 
I'll be a temporary gata fan Saturday, chomp chomp muthafuckas!
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

Plus people are forgetting UM has 8 home games this year.  I know I know we neutered them in the big house, but 8 home games is kind of big variable.  I see them at 9-3.  We may see them again.

• Hook 'Em 1

If so, carry on.

I’m a McNeese Alum and they didn’t win a single game last year. The “hot” D-2 coach they brought in from Valdosta State is on the hot seat like the Florida coach. He’s on year two of a deteriorating program. Must remember that the two hurricanes like 2-3 years ago blew off the press box, took down a majority of the light poles, and flooded the “below ground” field, referred to as The Hole! No power = no drainage. All games last year were still afternoon games, as the hadn’t replaced the lights or press box yet.

McNeese always plays home games at night, except for previous NCAA dictated time for FCS playoffs. Those were the good ‘ol days when I lived in LC - 96 to 08.

Coon-ass rumors are that Coach O “might” replace him next year, regardless of the rest of the season’s outcome. He’s tanned, rested, and wealthy! Some might scoff at the notion, but if you’ll look at the McNeese rosters over the previous 7-8 seasons, you’ll see where he sent his two sons.

People asked, back then, why not just make them walk-ons at LSU, and he frankly stated the his kids wanted to actually play.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Plus people are forgetting UM has 8 home games this year.  I know I know we neutered them in the big house, but 8 home games is kind of big variable.  I see them at 9-3.  We may see them again.

If we see them again this year then something will have gone wrong for us. JMO,

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

If we see them again this year then something will have gone wrong for us. JMO,

yeah I tried to edit after i typed it, senior moment.  Unless there is total chaos, they arent making the playoffs. Initially i was thinking 5 vs 12, but even with their home schedule, they likley are on the outside looking in

Ark St W, USC L , Minn W, @UW W, @ILL W, MSU W, Ore toss up with Ducks non existent Offense, @IU L, NW W, tOSU L...8-4 is Holiday Bowl

• Hook 'Em 1