• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Here's my issue with alot of thier logic about no credit to Texas rankings. If roles were revert they would be spouting how great atm is and top team in nation , etc....
They are the worst at changing logic to fit thier agenda

The dude has Aggy ranked above Texas in his SEC ranking, despite Aggy losing at home to a (not) top 10 team and Texas absolutely destroying a top 10 team on the road.

8 hours ago, ajax said:

I refuse to believe Graham Harmon is a real person

Screenshot_20240909-0925072.thumb.png.82c2e878d1eeb04f1949784e97b42b7f.png

You're assuming these people have a logical, rational, sane world view and trying make sense of them.  Doesn't work.  They all draw clocks like this:

hannibalclockdrawing.jpg

46 minutes ago, markstanco said:

So if Texas goes undefeated there is no possible way to meet up with them in the playoffs is your stance?

Huh?

I mean it would probably mean we missed the playoffs and met them again in a non-playoff bowl. Because I’m not sure they get in. I suppose with the expanded playoff it’s possible though.

On 8/7/2024 at 5:51 PM, ABZ said:

The aggy alumni thing says he was a student athlete. Guessing he played whatever sport for a season. He graduated in '81 with a geology degree from UT and in '85 I think with a MS petroleum engineering degree from UT. I know of his UT history because of the oil and gas industry (he founded Hilcorp). The UT department of petroleum engineering is named after him because of a large donation.

edit: I should have read the rest of the thread.

Richest guy in Houston...

Y'all are putting way too much thought into this. Graham is just like all aggy writers. He is a propagandist and recruiter for them. I hope no one is giving him clicks other than the poor bastard who has to find his stuff and post it here.

But then again, maybe we should financially support him and promote his writings. Let the Kool-Aid keep flowing. That is why the roller coaster exists, after all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, markstanco said:

So if Texas goes undefeated there is no possible way to meet up with them in the playoffs is your stance?

Huh?

To meet aggy in the playoffs in that situation, aggy would have to:

1) Make the playoffs

-- and -- 

2) Win a 1st-round playoff game.  

If you think there's a possible way for both of those things to happen, you might be:

graham.thumb.JPG.d169981adac08a860481595

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

The dude has Aggy ranked above Texas in his SEC ranking, despite Aggy losing at home to a (not) top 10 team and Texas absolutely destroying a top 10 team on the road.

Beating Michigan on the road is really no different than beating Vanderbilt.   I read that somewhere...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Beating Michigan on the road is really no different than beating Vanderbilt.   I read that somewhere...

I'm sure he meant it as a compliment, you know, since Vanderbilt has historically beaten Texas...Though you can't say the same for Michigan.

18 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

MAC?

Just where do you think McNeese State is located, anyway? They'd be a last-place team, easy, in the MAC (an FBS league). Hell, they may be bottom tier in the Southland.

aggy has proven time after time after time that they are a top tier Southland team

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

To meet aggy in the playoffs in that situation, aggy would have to:

<snip>

I believe he was referring to a rematch with Michigan.

Regarding that, the Top 12 often has some 3 and even 4 loss teams.  I realize there is a placeholder for a lower tier team, but I don't see it as impossible for Michigan to make the playoffs.  Whether we'd face them or not, I have no idea.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

For those who check on this thread for football team info, I've C&P'd their snapcount data through the first two games. A few notes below:

-They benched Bryce Anderson as a starter. He could be starting at Texas but had to get that $250k bag while forgoing his future earning potential. Get fucked, dummy. 

-Shanahan was forced to play snaps at C while not being listed there. They have since announced that Erb, who is 6'7", will be the back-up C going forward. They worked Dewberry at C during practices last week and he was a disaster. 

-Speaking of Dewberry, he barely got snaps in garbage time against McNeese State. He can get fucked as well. 

-Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy, all 5 stars of his fat ass, got a whopping 7 snaps against McNeese State. There are multiple walk-ons on the DL who got more snaps.

-This is a reminder that the rankings of GBD, Doooby Doooby Dew, Shanahan, and Anderson all factor into the lazy 247 "talent composite index" or whatever the fuck it is called. 

-Some WR from Troy that they were all knob-slobbing in the spring until he got hurt came back and played 8 irrelevant snaps.

-Bussey played a bunch. Tarp reports that they're only comfortable with jet sweeps and reverses for him at WR. Apparently, he's just running around on routes and not usually where he is supposed to be and they don't trust him yet. The guy is talented and this was game 2, so I assume he's actually going to get better and play more. 

-Starting WR Walker broke a finger early in the game and played one snap. The Elk lied about his status after the game and said he could have returned. "All Day" Jahdae is kind of needed this week, so I'm going to be entertained when he's in street clothes on the sidelines. 

-Scooby Williams, the terrible but needed starting LB, didn't suit out. The Elk attempted to downplay how badly he's hurt, but couldn't confirm that he'd be ready for SEC play. 

-Elko won't let reporters say anything definitively about injuries, even season-enders, so enjoy that skirting from Tarp in the write-up.

Also, I've said this was going to be a bad team all offseason for reasons that are playing out and can be seen in the snapcounts. The JAGger Index for this team is through the fucking roof. 

Hide contents

The Texas A&M football team saw 71 of its players receive snaps on offense (31) or defense (40) when defeating McNeese State, 52-10, at home Saturday in Kyle Field. The snap count for each Aggie player vs. the Cowboys – and for the whole season – can be seen below.

Offense (66 total plays)

Quarterback: Conner Weigman (39), Marcel Reed (27). 

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (53) Chase Bisontis (53), Ar'maj Reed-Adams (53), Kolinu'u Faaiu (35), Dametrious Crownover (33), TJ Shanahan (31), Reuben Fatheree II (21), Ashton Funk (13), Kam Dewberry (13), Aki Ogunbiyi (13), Blake Ivy (12).

Running back: Amari Daniels (26), Anthony DiNota (23), Le'Veon Moss (16), Israel Benjamin (1)

Tight end: Tre Watson (35), Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (32), Donovan Green (12), Shane Calhoun (12). 

Wide receiver: Cyrus Allen (40), Noah Thomas (35), Terry Bussey (33), Moose Muhammad III (29), Ashton Bethel-Roman (12), Izaiah Williams (12), Jabre Barber (8), Jacob Bostick (2), Jahdae Walker (1), Micah Tease (1).

Starting lineup: Quarterback Conner Weigman, offensive linemen Trey Zuhn III (left tackle), Chase Bisontis (left guard), Kolinu'u Faaiu (center), Ar'maj Reed-Adams (right guard) and Dametrious Crownover (right tackle), running back Le'Veon Moss, wide receivers Noah Thomas and Jahdae Walker, and tight ends Tre Watson and Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm.

Injury notes: Walker started the game before permanently exiting with an apparent finger injury. A&M head coach Mike Elko said Walker could have reentered the game but was held out for precautionary reasons.

Running back EJ Smith did not dress out for the game. Elko described Smith as a game-time decision, though he did not disclose the nature of his injury. As expected, center Mark Nabou Jr. (lower body), running back Rueben Owens II (foot) and tight end Garrett Miller (undisclosed) were among other players who were not dressed out for the game.

Barber made his first return from the foot injury he suffered in the spring. However, he only played eight snaps.

Defense (59 total snaps)

Defensive line: DJ Hicks (28), Rylan Kennedy (26), Rodas Johnson (22), Malick Sylla (19), Shemar Stewart (15), Albert Regis (15), Nic Scourton (14), Solomon Williams (11), Samu Taumanupepe (11), Josh Celiscar (11), Kendall Jackson (10), Cashius Howell (10), Shemar Turner (10), Nana Boadi-Owusu (7), Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (7), Drew Beltran (7), Dealyn Evans (6), Jadon Scarlett (5), Nathan Jackson (2), Cody Polk (2), Charlie Shears (1). 

Linebacker: Jordan Lockhart (38), Tristan Jernigan (32), Daymion Sanford (19), Taurean York (13), Solomon DeShields (11).

Defensive back: BJ Mayes (36), Jaydon Hill (36), Dezz Ricks (31), Jarred Kerr (29), Myles Davis (28), Jayvon Thomas (21), Will Lee III (18), Trey Jones (16), Bravion Rogers (15), Marcus Ratcliffe (15), Bryce Anderson (14), Dalton Brooks (13), Tyreek Chappell (13), Donovan Saunders (12).

Starting lineup: Defensive ends Nic Scourton and Shemar Stewart, defensive tackles Shemar Stewart and Albert Regis, linebackers Taurean York and Daymion Sanford, cornerbacks Will Lee III and Jayvon Thomas, nickel cornerback Tyreek Chappell, and safeties Marcus Ratcliffe and Dalton Brooks. 

Injury notes: Starting will linebacker Scooby Williams did not dress out for the game. Elko said Williams "possibly" would have played if they were facing an SEC opponent. He did not disclose what held him out.

As expected, defensive end Enai White (knee) did not dress out for the game.

Season snap count totals on offense (139 total plays)

Quarterback: Conner Weigman (112), Marcel Reed (27). 

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (126) Chase Bisontis (126), Ar'maj Reed-Adams (53), Kolinu'u Faaiu (85), Dametrious Crownover (103), TJ Shanahan (39), Mark Nabou Jr. (22), Reuben Fatheree II (21), Ashton Funk (13), Kam Dewberry (13), Aki Ogunbiyi (13), Blake Ivy (12).

Running back: Le'Veon Moss (64), Amari Daniels (42), Anthony DiNota (23), E.J. Smith (9), Israel Benjamin (1)

Tight end: Tre Watson (88), Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (53), Shane Calhoun (20), Donovan Green (12).

Wide receiver: Noah Thomas (105), Cyrus Allen (101), Jahdae Walker (53), Terry Bussey (45), Moose Muhammad III (35), Ashton Bethel-Roman (12), Izaiah Williams (12), Jabre Barber (8), Micah Tease (8), Jacob Bostick (3).

Season snap totals on defense (126 total plays)

Defensive line: Shemar Turner (69), Nic Scourton (68), Shemar Stewart (62), Albert Regis (58), DJ Hicks (43), Rylan Kennedy (41), Cashius Howell (35), Rodas Johnson (32), Malick Sylla (19), Solomon Williams (11), Samu Taumanupepe (11), Josh Celiscar (11), Kendall Jackson (10), Nana Boadi-Owusu (7), Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (7), Drew Beltran (7), Dealyn Evans (6), Jadon Scarlett (5), Nathan Jackson (2), Cody Polk (2), Charlie Shears (1). 

Linebacker: Taurean York (72), Scooby Williams (51), Daymion Sanford (43), Jordan Lockhart (38), Tristan Jernigan (32), Solomon DeShields (11).

Defensive back: Bryce Anderson (81), Jayvon Thomas (74), Will Lee III (72), Marcus Ratcliffe (71), Tyreek Chappell (68), Dezz Ricks (58), Jaydon Hill (41), BJ Mayes (36), Trey Jones (33), Jarred Kerr (29), Myles Davis (28), Bravion Rogers (15), Dalton Brooks (14), Donovan Saunders (12).

plaintext of ctj's snapcount data

Spoiler

The Texas A&M football team saw 71 of its players receive snaps on offense (31) or defense (40) when defeating McNeese State, 52-10, at home Saturday in Kyle Field. The snap count for each Aggie player vs. the Cowboys – and for the whole season – can be seen below.

Offense (66 total plays)

Quarterback: Conner Weigman (39), Marcel Reed (27).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (53) Chase Bisontis (53), Ar'maj Reed-Adams (53), Kolinu'u Faaiu (35), Dametrious Crownover (33), TJ Shanahan (31), Reuben Fatheree II (21), Ashton Funk (13), Kam Dewberry (13), Aki Ogunbiyi (13), Blake Ivy (12).

Running back: Amari Daniels (26), Anthony DiNota (23), Le'Veon Moss (16), Israel Benjamin (1)

Tight end: Tre Watson (35), Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (32), Donovan Green (12), Shane Calhoun (12).

Wide receiver: Cyrus Allen (40), Noah Thomas (35), Terry Bussey (33), Moose Muhammad III (29), Ashton Bethel-Roman (12), Izaiah Williams (12), Jabre Barber (8), Jacob Bostick (2), Jahdae Walker (1), Micah Tease (1).

Starting lineup: Quarterback Conner Weigman, offensive linemen Trey Zuhn III (left tackle), Chase Bisontis (left guard), Kolinu'u Faaiu (center), Ar'maj Reed-Adams (right guard) and Dametrious Crownover (right tackle), running back Le'Veon Moss, wide receivers Noah Thomas and Jahdae Walker, and tight ends Tre Watson and Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm.

Injury notes: Walker started the game before permanently exiting with an apparent finger injury. A&M head coach Mike Elko said Walker could have reentered the game but was held out for precautionary reasons.

Running back EJ Smith did not dress out for the game. Elko described Smith as a game-time decision, though he did not disclose the nature of his injury. As expected, center Mark Nabou Jr. (lower body), running back Rueben Owens II (foot) and tight end Garrett Miller (undisclosed) were among other players who were not dressed out for the game.

Barber made his first return from the foot injury he suffered in the spring. However, he only played eight snaps.
Defense (59 total snaps)

Defensive line: DJ Hicks (28), Rylan Kennedy (26), Rodas Johnson (22), Malick Sylla (19), Shemar Stewart (15), Albert Regis (15), Nic Scourton (14), Solomon Williams (11), Samu Taumanupepe (11), Josh Celiscar (11), Kendall Jackson (10), Cashius Howell (10), Shemar Turner (10), Nana Boadi-Owusu (7), Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (7), Drew Beltran (7), Dealyn Evans (6), Jadon Scarlett (5), Nathan Jackson (2), Cody Polk (2), Charlie Shears (1).

Linebacker: Jordan Lockhart (38), Tristan Jernigan (32), Daymion Sanford (19), Taurean York (13), Solomon DeShields (11).

Defensive back: BJ Mayes (36), Jaydon Hill (36), Dezz Ricks (31), Jarred Kerr (29), Myles Davis (28), Jayvon Thomas (21), Will Lee III (18), Trey Jones (16), Bravion Rogers (15), Marcus Ratcliffe (15), Bryce Anderson (14), Dalton Brooks (13), Tyreek Chappell (13), Donovan Saunders (12).

Starting lineup: Defensive ends Nic Scourton and Shemar Stewart, defensive tackles Shemar Stewart and Albert Regis, linebackers Taurean York and Daymion Sanford, cornerbacks Will Lee III and Jayvon Thomas, nickel cornerback Tyreek Chappell, and safeties Marcus Ratcliffe and Dalton Brooks.

Injury notes: Starting will linebacker Scooby Williams did not dress out for the game. Elko said Williams "possibly" would have played if they were facing an SEC opponent. He did not disclose what held him out.

As expected, defensive end Enai White (knee) did not dress out for the game.
Season snap count totals on offense (139 total plays)

Quarterback: Conner Weigman (112), Marcel Reed (27).

Offensive line: Trey Zuhn III (126) Chase Bisontis (126), Ar'maj Reed-Adams (53), Kolinu'u Faaiu (85), Dametrious Crownover (103), TJ Shanahan (39), Mark Nabou Jr. (22), Reuben Fatheree II (21), Ashton Funk (13), Kam Dewberry (13), Aki Ogunbiyi (13), Blake Ivy (12).

Running back: Le'Veon Moss (64), Amari Daniels (42), Anthony DiNota (23), E.J. Smith (9), Israel Benjamin (1)

Tight end: Tre Watson (88), Theo Melin Öhrstrӧm (53), Shane Calhoun (20), Donovan Green (12).

Wide receiver: Noah Thomas (105), Cyrus Allen (101), Jahdae Walker (53), Terry Bussey (45), Moose Muhammad III (35), Ashton Bethel-Roman (12), Izaiah Williams (12), Jabre Barber (8), Micah Tease (8), Jacob Bostick (3).
Season snap totals on defense (126 total plays)

Defensive line: Shemar Turner (69), Nic Scourton (68), Shemar Stewart (62), Albert Regis (58), DJ Hicks (43), Rylan Kennedy (41), Cashius Howell (35), Rodas Johnson (32), Malick Sylla (19), Solomon Williams (11), Samu Taumanupepe (11), Josh Celiscar (11), Kendall Jackson (10), Nana Boadi-Owusu (7), Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy (7), Drew Beltran (7), Dealyn Evans (6), Jadon Scarlett (5), Nathan Jackson (2), Cody Polk (2), Charlie Shears (1).

Linebacker: Taurean York (72), Scooby Williams (51), Daymion Sanford (43), Jordan Lockhart (38), Tristan Jernigan (32), Solomon DeShields (11).

Defensive back: Bryce Anderson (81), Jayvon Thomas (74), Will Lee III (72), Marcus Ratcliffe (71), Tyreek Chappell (68), Dezz Ricks (58), Jaydon Hill (41), BJ Mayes (36), Trey Jones (33), Jarred Kerr (29), Myles Davis (28), Bravion Rogers (15), Dalton Brooks (14), Donovan Saunders (12).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 9/9/2024 at 8:53 AM, InkaUtexas said:

I apologize to any in advance, nah, fuck it.

What adult has college bedding? Kids? ok.  Adults? fuck no. Guest room? Only if in laws are from a rival school and you know it pisses them off.

Go check the AirBnB listings in College Station. I bet most of them have that bedding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Thanks. 
The base is ausubo wood my dad salvaged 70 years ago from the renovation of a 350 year old Spanish Colonial building within the grounds of El Morro fortress in San Juan, Puerto Rico. 
He had several lamp bases made out of one beam, and I inherited this one and added the glass shade after VY’s 4th & 5. 
The old wood is very dense & heavy, looks kinda like mahogany in appearance. 

IMG_4039.jpeg

Yes Sir! The powers that be should send you a COOP statue for that room.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 9/9/2024 at 4:35 PM, Jshep34 said:

Here's my issue with alot of thier logic about no credit to Texas rankings. If roles were revert they would be spouting how great atm is and top team in nation , etc....
They are the worst at changing logic to fit thier agenda

They’re terrible at a lot of shit, but they’re great at changing logic. 

• Haha 1

Thanks. 
The base is ausubo wood my dad salvaged 70 years ago from the renovation of a 350 year old Spanish Colonial building within the grounds of El Morro fortress in San Juan, Puerto Rico. 
He had several lamp bases made out of one beam, and I inherited this one and added the glass shade after VY’s 4th & 5. 
The old wood is very dense & heavy, looks kinda like mahogany in appearance. 

IMG_4039.thumb.jpeg.c8cf1acf3fc4f2f8f31022b1ff31d634.jpeg
This is gonna seem weird since I'm not an 80 yo woman, but I've always had a thing for Tiffany style lamps. My grandma had a huge one with a heavy bronze "tree trunk" base and I always thought the multicolor glass panels were awesome
  • Hook 'Em 4

Aggy at Gator. Who do you have winning this week?

I ask because I'm in a weekly pick'em contest at work and this game is on the list. I know Gator is not very good this year. It doesn't appear aggy is much better. I'm leaning Gator because aggy hasn't play very well on the road the last couple of years.

20 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I believe he was referring to a rematch with Michigan.

Regarding that, the Top 12 often has some 3 and even 4 loss teams.  I realize there is a placeholder for a lower tier team, but I don't see it as impossible for Michigan to make the playoffs.  Whether we'd face them or not, I have no idea.

I dont see how a 4 loss regular season P4 team could make the playoffs, but I guess it could be possible every 5 years or so.