• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 9/15/2024 at 7:02 PM, Scholz said:

Take this for what it’s worth but word on the street (via some aggy Sigma Chis I know), is that Weigman got benched for smoking too much weed. Not kidding. Makes more sense than that ridiculous injury BS.

He was probably high as hell during magician trick!

On 9/15/2024 at 7:02 PM, Scholz said:

Take this for what it’s worth but word on the street (via some aggy Sigma Chis I know), is that Weigman got benched for smoking too much weed. Not kidding. Makes more sense than that ridiculous injury BS.

He was probably high as hell at magician trick

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Spindletop said:

I don't know much about A&M's history over the last 30 years other than them losing some hilarious games like 27-25 and 77-0, so I asked ChatGPT about the QBs being replaced and this is what it came up with:

1992-1995: Corey Pullig 4-yr starter

1996: Branndon Stewart replaced by Mark Farris midseason

1997-1999: Randy McCown 3-yr starter, replaced Mark Farris

2001: Mark Farris replaced by Dustin Long midseason

2002: Dusting Long replaced by Reggie McNeal midseason

2005: Reggie McNeal replaced by Stephen McGee midseason (injury)

2008: Stephen McGee replaced by Jerrod Johnson midseason (injury)

2010: Jerrod Johnson replaced by Ryan Tannehill

2012-2013: Manziel 2-yr starter

2014: Kenny Hill replaced by Kyle Allen midseason

2015: Kyle Allen replaced by Kyler Murray midseason

2016: Trevor Knight (ChatGPT says he transferred from OU? Don't remember this guy)

2017: Nick Starkel (? who is this?) and Kellen Mond swapped back and forth (?)

2018-2020: Mond starts for 3 yrs

2021: Haynes King replaced by Zach Calzada (injury)

2022: Haynes King replaced by Max Johnson, who was then replaced by Connor Weigman

2024: Looks like Weigman about to be replaced by Marcel Reed

Only person I cant recall on this list is Dustin Long.  Oh yea, and Real Deal McNeal is >>>>>>>> Vince Young.  Yall member that?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

As you know, this is how they do everything. They insist upon themselves and spout their bullshit to anyone who will listen, then the parrots repeat it until it is the narrative. It is what they did when they got a commitment from Haynes King, what they do when they crow about their awesome fans (who everyone else despises) and gameday atmosphere (fucking weird), when they crow about their facilities, their bizarre traditions, celebrate their "bigger'n da sips" stadium, why they pay mouthpieces like they did with The Atlantic and do with Josh Pate, why they celebrate "Best School" lists, how they puff up their signing classes, and even how they crafted the narrative that "t.u. destroys conferences," when they're actually the root of that problem.

They're juvenile, they lie, and their oldest tradition is cheating.

My favorite part about that stadium is the fact that they literally have to beg aggie fans to come via bus or train in from DFW and Houston on local radio stations. It is an easy place to fill for a big game, but non ranked games they are not even close to full. And of course there is UMass..

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Aggie QB controversy a 'brewin these days.  CW is brain dead.  Reed is a younger player that runs a lot....meaning there is the very real risk of injury.  Upcoming game is a cupcake.  Do they go back to CW after fabricating the "injury" story?  Do they bail on him completely and go with a younger player?  What if Reed can't play later in the season? 

Either will look good this weekend.  If they go back to CW, after the performance Reed had vs FL, do the fans/players turn on Elko?   I think they do....

We all remember when CW first came in and looked halfway decent, only to be what he is now after some aggy "coaching"?  Rinse.  Wash.  Repeat.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

My favorite part about that stadium is the fact that they literally have to beg aggie fans to come via bus or train in from DFW and Houston on local radio stations. It is an easy place to fill for a big game, but non ranked games they are not even close to full. And of course there is UMass..

And people pat them on the back for being loud, but like our fans, they aren't loud when they play Lamar or Prairie View or Ball State. Not that we would ever play Lamar, Prairie View, or Ball State.

They're not loud, so they literally pipe in crowd noise. That place is a shithole full of shitheads.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Texas students aiming to enroll at UT Austin during the fall 2026 semester will face a higher hurdle. During a UT Faculty meeting on September 16, university president Jay Hartzell announced that students will soon need to be in the top five percent of their high school graduating class to be guaranteed admission.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/16/2024 at 7:20 PM, Spindletop said:

1992-1995: Corey Pullig 4-yr starter

Jeff Granger, the left hander who was also a stud pitcher for the baseball team, was actually the starting QB in 1992.  he started the first 8 games but then left with a concussion against SMU.  Pullig took over and never looked back.

Granger focused on baseball after that and was the 5th overall pick in the 1993 MLB draft. but he didn't do much in the bigs.  he had a negative WAR.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/grangje01.shtml

51 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Jeff Granger, the left hander who was also a stud pitcher for the baseball team, was actually the starting QB in 1992.  he started the first 8 games but then left with a concussion against SMU.  Pullig took over and never looked back.

Granger focused on baseball after that and was the 5th overall pick in the 1993 MLB draft. but he didn't do much in the bigs.  he had a negative WAR.

I'm sure Jeff Granger is better off the way things shook out

4 hours ago, jet black said:

Need to add “backup qb heisman talk” right there 

Negative.  1) you don't paint a mustache on THujone's masterpiece, and 2) Heisman candidacy is implied simply by being a texum a&m aggy QB.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

They didn’t pull guys for concussions in 92. It was called getting your bell rung. If a guy got his bell rung, he might take a play off, but then it was “rub some dirt on it, Nancy,” and put him back out there. He must’ve had something else going on.