Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all

Gil Bang

I’ve known him since 7th grade I’m 42 now. He used to come to my oldest sisters backyard parties every now and again at my parents. I started playing guitar summer of 7th grade and he always made time to talk to me and give me pointers. He was always cool to me as well. Csb

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

I’ve known him since 7th grade I’m 42 now. He used to come to my oldest sisters backyard parties every now and again at my parents. I started playing guitar summer of 7th grade and he always made time to talk to me and give me pointers. He was always cool to me as well. Csb

And he got everyone to sing sweet home Alabama, right?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

image.gif.b03dcb8d53f0b3039e5cf70ff0c2ca7a.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

I have no idea if I've ever heard a Kid Rock song before.  

Trust me, you'd know if you had, you can't wash the stupid out of your ears once you have.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

I think you left out the part where he asked you about packing fudge.

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2024 at 10:34 AM, Bogeywon said:

IMG_4502.jpegYou and KR

99.5% of Surly wishing

Edited by Al Czervik
Edit
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2024 at 9:14 PM, F250 said:

I think you left out the part where he asked you about packing fudge.

He was giving tips on how to pretend to be southern white trash when your Dad owns the largest Lincoln/Mercury dealership in Detroit.

Edited by Horn Dogg
  • Like 1

I was a fan of Devil Without a Cause for about 9 months. I think his dumb shit was fun in May of 2000?

Look, that was 24 years ago.

Holy shit

Also I liked Limp Bizkit for about 7 months in 99.

I’m sure everyone else was listening to Pavement and Husker Du.

Whatever

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Remember that time he got mad at the beer then he shot the beer? 

Then he started drinking the beer again?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RPM said:

What?

I was 13 when Devil Without A Cause came out ('99 IIRC) and I thought it was the greatest fucking thing I'd ever heard.  Of course, I was shitfaced (for the first time) in a pasture listening to it around a bonfire.

Being a dumb kid has consequences

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

He was giving tips on how to pretend to be southern white trash when your Dad owns the largest Lincoln/Mercury dealership in Detroit.

When he was first breaking through, Rolling Stone had an interview with him and it was at his parent's house.  His dad greeted the writer at the door and said "Welcome to the 8,000 square foot lake front double wide Kid Rock grew up in."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I saw The Scorpions open for Ted Nugent at Seattle Center in '79. My ears are still ringing.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I was 13 when Devil Without A Cause came out ('99 IIRC) and I thought it was the greatest fucking thing I'd ever heard.  Of course, I was shitfaced (for the first time) in a pasture listening to it around a bonfire.

I was reading an Atlantic article on the Woodstock '99. There really was a small sliver of time '97-'01 maybe, when crap like Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock and Korn had the attention and buy-in of America's youth. Crazy.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

I was reading an Atlantic article on the Woodstock '99. There really was a small sliver of time '97-'01 maybe, when crap like Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock and Korn had the attention and buy-in of America's youth. Crazy.

I loved that shit for like a year (basically '98-'99).  When I heard (of all things) Blink 182 "What's My Age Again" I immediately swerved towards punk and that took me completely away from the ragey nu metal shit for good.  Within a couple of years I'd picked up everything from the Velvet Underground to Phish.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Hey, you can leave Korn out of this. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Was anyone else here at the Warped tour in about 1998 at South Park Meadows?  Kid Rock got on stage before anyone knew who he was and basically got booed out of there.  It was mostly a punk rock/ska type audience and the crowd wasn’t having his shit.  He got mad and said “fuck you Austin, I can play some fucking Hank Williams if you want.”  It spiraled downhill from there.

Oh, and Limp Bizkit sucks!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

absolutely everyone knows.

Just because you know it doesn't mean everyone does.  I have the same thought when I see memes or tweets posted in the holy shit/lol/cool threads that I saw years ago, and then I remind myself that not everyone consumes way too much fucking internet every single day of their lives.  Same w/ recruiting news or CFB history.  I can't shit on someone who comes across new info and is excited about it just because I have known about it for 6 months or 10 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Incredulity said:

imagine being so triggered by Kid Rock to go through the effort of creating all those drawings to sell a point that absolutely everyone knows.  bizarre.

Robert, is that you? 

15 hours ago, huge said:

I was a fan of Devil Without a Cause for about 9 months. I think his dumb shit was fun in May of 2000?

Look, that was 24 years ago.

Holy shit

Also I liked Limp Bizkit for about 7 months in 99.

I’m sure everyone else was listening to Pavement and Husker Du.

Whatever

Actually, yes I was

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Incredulity said:

imagine being so triggered by Kid Rock to go through the effort of creating all those drawings to sell a point that absolutely everyone knows.  bizarre.

Holy shit! You, of all people, using this issue, of all things, to accuse others of being "triggered?" God damn . . . 

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Was anyone else here at the Warped tour in about 1998 at South Park Meadows?  Kid Rock got on stage before anyone knew who he was and basically got booed out of there.  It was mostly a punk rock/ska type audience and the crowd wasn’t having his shit.  He got mad and said “fuck you Austin, I can play some fucking Hank Williams if you want.”  It spiraled downhill from there.

Oh, and Limp Bizkit sucks!

I was there but don't remember that.  I was probably at the other stage listening to Cowboy Mouth cause my gfs favorite song was Jenny Says.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Holy shit! You, of all people, using this issue, of all things, to accuse others of being "triggered?" God damn . . . 

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I just want everyone to have the strength and courage to live their best life however and whatever they need to do to find their inner truth…so brave…so courageous …except anyone who had wealth parents or has ever voted R.  Those people are NAZIs./Surly Leftists 

12 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

Can you, though?

You cannot. Korn and all forms of nu metal are an abomination. Also, Kid Rock is the musical equivalent of Zima.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Serious question. What do you think the word triggered means?

I was there but don't remember that.  I was probably at the other stage listening to Cowboy Mouth cause my gfs favorite song was Jenny Says.  

I was there. I remember that. And I was also dragged to the other stage by the girl I was with at the time to hear a song that was “going to change my life”.

Fucking Jenny Says.
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

Can you, though?

Nope, you can’t. I was in with it too. Thankfully Pantera saved me. Though I had a strong background of Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, PJ, Nirvana, and STP before that, but we all slide to the dark side sometimes when we are young and dumb. 

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

I just want everyone to have the strength and courage to live their best life however and whatever they need to do to find their inner truth…so brave…so courageous …except anyone who had wealth parents or has ever voted R.  Those people are NAZIs./Surly Leftists 

I normally scroll past your posts, but for whatever reason this one caught my eye. I’m genuinely curious what you mean here. I see lots of posters here that acknowledge their background of privilege and, at the same time, acknowledge that the party that they grew up with has shifted in a very different direction over the past 20 years. Is it not possible to acknowledge that both people and political parties evolve in their ideologies? 

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

I don't think I've read anyone ever accuse Kid Rock of being a Nazi. That would require sincere conviction. This is the thread to laugh at his sellout ass and mock any morons who fall for it.

Try to keep up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, royiv said:

I normally scroll past your posts, but for whatever reason this one caught my eye. I’m genuinely curious what you mean here. I see lots of posters here that acknowledge their background of privilege and, at the same time, acknowledge that the party that they grew up with has shifted in a very different direction over the past 20 years. Is it not possible to acknowledge that both people and political parties evolve in their ideologies? 

It means I find the hypocrisy highly comical that people want to gatekeep what Kid Rock can or cannot sing or perform like because of where and how he was raised.  Further that anyone gives enough of a shit about Kid Rock to produce a custom animated gotcha video in regards to his upbringing in 2024 and think that’s breaking news.

Kid Rock can sing any way he wants, just like Beyonce can put out a country music album.  Whats the fucking problem with any of it?  They both can sign up to do a monastic chants/polka fusion album. Fuck the god damn gatekeeper bullshit.

9 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

It means I find the hypocrisy highly comical that people want to gatekeep what Kid Rock can or cannot sing or perform like because of where and how he was raised.  Further that anyone gives enough of a shit about Kid Rock to produce a custom animated gotcha video in regards to his upbringing in 2024 and think that’s breaking news.

Kid Rock can sing any way he wants, just like Beyonce can put out a country music album.  Whats the fucking problem with any of it?  They both can sign up to do a monastic chants/polka fusion album. Fuck the god damn gatekeeper bullshit.

So you’re worked up about someone on Twitter and/or TikTok doing a lame take down of Kid Rock, but the mis/disinformation that gets posted doesn’t get your goat? Weird thing to worked up about my friend.