Kid Rock (and Bud Light slap-fight) y’all

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

, but the mis/disinformation that gets posted doesn’t get your goat?

Who said that?  Of course misinformation pisses me off. So do lies, censorship and government authoritarianism.  And yup those absolutely happen on both sides so save the tit for tat argument and performance pants pissing about saving democracy.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Who said that?  Of course misinformation pisses me off. So do lies, censorship and government authoritarianism.  And yup those absolutely happen on both sides so save the tit for tat argument and performance pants pissing about saving democracy.

Don’t both sides a discussion of censorship and government authoritarianism when only one party wholly endorses that agenda. You’ve lost before you’ve even started if your premise is that one the republican nominee for President is fully behind an agenda of censorship and authoritarianism.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

It means I find the hypocrisy highly comical that people want to gatekeep what Kid Rock can or cannot sing or perform like because of where and how he was raised.

Who is doing this? God damn you people fight with ghosts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Doubt Skepticism GIF by NRK P3

tell me, which party literally set up a ministry of truth to render verdict over what was federally approved truth?  

https://nypost.com/2024/07/23/opinion/a-judge-rules-that-yes-the-biden-administration-was-trying-to-censor-people-online/

Do you really believe this? Please cite actual .gov sources with actual executive orders or legislation. Any citations to your “Ministry of Truth” crap are hyper partisan. 

30,573 lies or misleading statements in four years as POTUS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/

4ebb4d763bf6e21468a5c3f12b5191ef.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, royiv said:

Do you really believe this? Please cite actual .gov sources with actual executive orders or legislation. Any citations to your “Ministry of Truth” crap are hyper partisan. 

Are you claiming the linked DHS Disinformation Board in the linked article was never formed?

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Are you claiming the linked DHS Disinformation Board in the linked article was never formed?

I don’t acknowledge Rupert Murdoch media sources as legit.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Who is doing this? God damn you people fight with ghosts.

fucking this. I get so tired of fighting strawmen and what ifs when we have real fucking problems to address. the biggest victims on the planet and yet we're supposedly the snowflakes

11 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

He’s 11 years older than me but he was a home town hero because he signed with a label. My dad did work for his dad’s dealerships way back with a guard service. I was a huge fan and love devil and history of rock and his original rap stuff (Grits and sandwiches as well as polyfuse methods). I remember his first song on a sega game and me and my buddy freaking out. His family had money. He wouldn’t like tell me how to play chords more just tell me story’s on how he started recording and talking gear. I mean as a 7th grader it was pretty awesome. He’s super weird now but he’s always been a really nice person to me and I felt it was a csb so it had to be shared. And yes even in 1995 he drank bud lights. He also taught me how to use a keg 

I think this is the most frustrating part about the MAGA grifters. I don't think--and you have personal knowledge--that Ritchie is a bad guy. Just a dude trying to stay relevant. But so many are willing to completely debase their dignity and decency to make a buck off of Donald fucking Trump's back.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

NYTimes correspondent goes on the road with Kid Rock's Rock the Country traveling circus. Lighter piece that reads like an anthropology report from the field with lots of photos.

Free Archive link: https://archive.is/W3H2q

Some snippets to get the jist:

The shows felt like Trump rallies without the former president, unburdened by policy talk, speeches from lesser-known G.O.P. players, and the buzz-kill tendencies of Mr. Trump himself, who tends to noodle at the lectern like a jam-band soloist.

What remained was a snapshot of a maturing American subculture, with unwritten conventions rivaling those of Deadheads or Swifties, and a dizzying mash-up of hedonism and piety, angry rebellion and beer-guzzling pursuit of happiness.

After the November election, Mr. Ritchie said, he would try to “lower the tone” politically, “and go back to trying to make good music that anybody can enjoy.” But for now, he said, “I’m going to go hard in the paint through this election for my guy, because I believe in his policies.”

At one point in the conversation, he was asked about prominent conservatives who have raised doubts about Mr. Trump’s fitness for office. Mr. Ritchie, chuckling, referred to those doubters with a homophobic slur; two days later, he texted The New York Times to note that his comment was a line from the 1982 film “Fast Times at Ridgemont High.”

In South Carolina, Kid Rock was the biggest act on the first day of the festival, with the country star Jason Aldean headlining on the second. By late afternoon on Day 1, thousands of people — young and old, overwhelmingly white — had crowded into the open field in front of the stage. Young women clopped across the grass in cherry-red cowgirl boots and Daisy Dukes. Men tried to outdo each other with T-shirts with politically incorrect remarks (“Taxes are Gay”; “Ammosexual”; “I’m voting CONVICTED FELON 2024”).

The conservative movement once proudly defined itself in opposition to the recreational drug use of the leftist counterculture. At Rock the Country, a cannabis tent did a brisk business in prerolled joints and Delta-9 space pops. Another company sold gummies containing a “proprietary mushroom and nootropics” blend, the packaging said, for a “mind-bending experience.” Bud Light was the conspicuous sponsor of a two-story outdoor bar.

Faith in Mr. Trump seemed to paper over some serious disagreements among the concertgoers. Mr. Jeanetti said he was staunchly in favor of abortion rights. “I grew up in the ’70s,” he said. “Who the hell are you to say I have to have this baby?”

But a few yards away, Jeremy Morey, 47, a plumber from Boyne Falls, Mich., said he believed that liberals’ support for abortion was proof they had aligned themselves with satanic forces when there were “actual angels and demons fighting right now for the soul of this country.”

Others were split on whether the MAGA movement was on the cusp of open rebellion. Edwin Poteet Black Jr., a longtime Kid Rock fan from Michigan with convictions for robbery, assaulting a police officer and other crimes, said that it was time for conservatives to rise up in a civil war against liberals. “We are to the point our forefathers would have already been out in the streets, shooting,” said Mr. Black, whose grandson had given him tickets to the festival for his 60th birthday.

Before Kid Rock’s set, Shane Quick, one of the festival organizers, took the stage and asked the fans to join him in prayer. He thanked God for the military, the police, barbecue and Southeastern Conference football. “Dear God,” he said, “we thank you that just a few days ago, you kept the future president Donald Trump safe from the assassination attempt.”

The crowd went wild. Moments later, Kid Rock took the stage, flanked by dancers who gyrated on poles topped with American flags. He danced and rapped about his rough and rowdy ways. He performed his signature song, “Cowboy,” with its provocative line, “I can smell a pig from a mile away.” At one point he sang in a bluesman’s voice about the nefarious cultural imports of soccer and tofu.

“I think the MAGA movement is probably bigger than Trump at the end of the day,” he said. “Whatever this is, I think it will continue without him.”

image.thumb.png.76d46a3c1f874ec335e36322b238c37b.png 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

How's the Dunkin' Donuts boycott going? Did they bankrupt DD yet for the crime of...checks notes...not advertising on Twitter?

My Maga loving in-laws in Philly are gonna be so conflicted.  They love some Dunkin.

Switching to shitty gas station coffee to own the libs.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

At one point in the conversation, 

“I think the MAGA movement is probably bigger than Trump at the end of the day,” he said. “Whatever this is, I think it will continue without him.”

image.thumb.png.76d46a3c1f874ec335e36322b238c37b.png 

Stupid racist fucks will continue to exist?  Truly shocking stuff.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

At one point in the conversation, 

Nope. It's one part cult, one part professional wrestling. They can claim it's all about the community and comradery (owning the libs really brings the white trash together), but they're nothing without a singular thought leader to tell them who they should be rooting for/against. Right now, they've got Steve Austin. John Cena ain't walking through that door when he keels over.

37 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Nope. It's one part cult, one part professional wrestling. They can claim it's all about the community and comradery (owning the libs really brings the white trash together), but they're nothing without a singular thought leader to tell them who they should be rooting for/against. Right now, they've got Steve Austin. John Cena ain't walking through that door when he keels over.

In today’s age - being able to find your echo chamber online - they’ll remain in some way, shape, or form.   But agree they won’t find anyone quite like Trump.  That’s why killing this iteration of the assholes is so important.  They’ll have to start over after Trump and it certainly won’t be easy.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Kid Rock with his Conservative persona and how he runs his bar really is a master class in manipulation.

You almost have to respect it. It's transparent as fuck, completely debasing, and a pretty clear-cut acknowledgment of your extremely limited talent, but the music business is about as rough as it gets. Shit, y'all remember Lit? They had like two or three #1 songs, including a video of mini versions of themselves playing in Pamela Anderson's cleavage. Two years later, I was one of like 40 audience members watching their lead singer drunkenly fall of the stage in a barn at a chili cook-off on the outskirts Bryan, TX as part of a Miller Lite community outreach program or some shit. Life happens fast. Dr. Dre--the OG of anti-establishment--does Dr. Pepper commercials. Kid Rock shamelessly grifting off MAGA morons is a pretty good gig if you're morally bankrupt.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Turn up to 11

I thought this was a great song at 15 in my friends garage drinking bud ice. Still sounds cool in a garage after enough bud ice I am guessing. I would never know.

31 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

I thought this was a great song at 15 in my friends garage drinking bud ice. Still sounds cool in a garage after enough bud ice I am guessing. I would never know.

image.png.00dbcd019046aac764aab009ee72a4b1.png

what if....and believe me this is some sort of hypothetical....but what if we could offer you some sort of "Bud ice in a party ball"...would that do anything for you? 

You almost have to respect it. It's transparent as fuck, completely debasing, and a pretty clear-cut acknowledgment of your extremely limited talent, but the music business is about as rough as it gets. Shit, y'all remember Lit? They had like two or three #1 songs, including a video of mini versions of themselves playing in Pamela Anderson's cleavage. Two years later, I was one of like 40 audience members watching their lead singer drunkenly fall of the stage in a barn at a chili cook-off on the outskirts Bryan, TX as part of a Miller Lite community outreach program or some shit. Life happens fast. Dr. Dre--the OG of anti-establishment--does Dr. Pepper commercials. Kid Rock shamelessly grifting off MAGA morons is a pretty good gig if you're morally bankrupt.

Oh, Lit is back, my friend. I saw them and Alien Ant Farm in front of about 40 or so audience members about a year ago at some Cypress honkey tonk. (Girlfriend at the time’s little brother is their drummer now).