Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

How do you correct NIL to account for billionaires swooping in and dropping ludicrous amounts?

If it happens once, I'm with you. 

If it becomes a pattern, the problem is likely on our end. 

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Poster on OTF said Moore's mom tweeted committing at 7 instead of 8 this evening.

“Dakorien we are having an all-day long backyard BBQ while celebrating your commitment to play football for 6 figures. Every single person in this family over the age of 21 is going to be hammered by 8 pm. You’re going to announce at 7 so we don’t have to be on camera.”

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

If it happens once, I'm with you. 

If it becomes a pattern, the problem is likely on our end. 

What about a billionaire from another school dropping unrealistic amounts is a problem on our end, regardless of frequency?

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s gonna be Texas.  One does not announce Oregon at a family event when said family is pro Texas.  He’ll announce Texas then explode some orange fireworks later tonight.  He’ll then tell momma that she will see many more of those for the TDs he will grab at DKR.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

It’s gonna be Texas.  One does not announce Oregon at a family event when said family is pro Texas.  He’ll announce Texas then explode some orange fireworks later tonight.  He’ll then tell momma that she will see many more of those for the TDs he will grab at DKR.

Getting over $1mil from Oregon would change you and their opinion 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Also, just wanted to echo that shitting on Portland and San Francisco is very weird.  As long as you aren't poor both are pretty great places to visit and live. 

Most places are great if you aren’t poor.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Was there past month. Gorgeous place.  And people seemed to be having fun and not worried about col hurting their lives. 🤷

Same. But we were there about 6 months ago and it was beautiful. Have been there several times and have never been an issue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

I hope so too. Then again, he could pull a Landon Collins

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

When I throw a dog a bone, I don’t need to hear how it tastes, you fucking mutt. Your premise is fucked, as is your approach, and you can be as well. Negged again, stumblefuck. 

Bricktop! Excellent… 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Just spitballing here but I would be Gerry would lean slightly towards Texas but wouldn’t be shocked by anything. 

He said this morning his gut knows who it is  and I think he said at some other point either on the live or the message board that he leans slightly Texas. 

Posted (edited)

I hope he types slowly because I’m not sure that many people want to ask him questions on the 4th of July. But if is between listening to you guys argue about the merits of San Francisco, or listening to Moore, I think I’ll figure out how to log onto Instagram Live.

Edited by Bevo

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Jfc if you’re torn between Texas and some dog shit school in the pacfid northwest that’s literally never won a fucking thing anywhere I question your thought process. 

It doesn't even have anything to do with the schools. Just look at the programs and situations. 

Oregon: OC that will most likely be gone to a HC hire either next off-season or the one after. HC that wanted to bolt for Alabama job but didn't get hired. Playing in the cold weather conference with QBs that are question marks. 

Texas: HC is OC and isn't going anywhere. HC is one of the top 2 QB developers in the country. Will get the chance to play opposite a 5 star athletic freak WR in Wingo catching passes from the next great Manning for his first 2 seasons. 

If the kid is as great as everyone thinks he'll be a 3 year and done player no matter where he goes. Why take the risk of a lesser college career with so many unknowns at Oregon? 

Then again kids do stupid shit just like a lot of you idiots here. 

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Dipshits letting a child hold you emotionally hostage on a holiday. 

Fucker isn't going to Oregon. He's not retarded like you. Go enjoy the day and don't beat your kids 

You obviously a mean drunk who has already beat his kids today. Fuck off. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Dipshits letting a child hold you emotionally hostage on a holiday. 

Fucker isn't going to Oregon. He's not retarded like you. Go enjoy the day and don't beat your kids 

princess canada GIF by South Park

• Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

It doesn't even have anything to do with the schools. Just look at the programs and situations. 

Oregon: OC that will most likely be gone to a HC hire either next off-season or the one after. HC that wanted to bolt for Alabama job but didn't get hired. Playing in the cold weather conference with QBs that are question marks. 

Texas: HC is OC and isn't going anywhere. HC is one of the top 2 QB developers in the country. Will get the chance to play opposite a 5 star athletic freak WR in Wingo catching passes from the next great Manning for his first 2 seasons. 

If the kid is as great as everyone thinks he'll be a 3 year and done player no matter where he goes. Why take the risk of a lesser college career with so many unknowns at Oregon? 

Then again kids do stupid shit just like a lot of you idiots here. 

Something Bobby mentioned was to keep an eye on Lanning to Florida if it opens up 

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Remember to beat your kids with a belt like we got as kids. Tell them it'll be on their ass but make sure to hit their back to toughen them up. 

Kinda like the “what is really Houston?” debate, did your parents tell you your skull was part of your back?