Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Well at least we should be able to buy the rest of oregons recruits… as they are now outta money?

The Phil Knight win before I die fund is not close to dry….  

I came to the recruiting board to check in on the big news and got a face full of a Mike Cernovich twitter post with an Elon chaser.

May that poster receive a jagged enema filled with angry hornets. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

All based on Thamels tweet. Still though, where there’s smoke.

Thamel's tweet was very specific -- that Moore had announced. He has not announced. I think he was just preparing tweets to be ready to post once a decision is announced.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Someone scheduled a tweet thinking the player had a firm announcement time, didn’t they?

Which, based on Thamel’s certainty and sources, leads me to believe he knows it’ll be Oregon. 

We've been in hot pursuit of this guy for a long time. First LSU now likely Oregon. He doesn't want to come here. Again, we've been lied to constantly this dude's entire recruitment.

However, many people were trying to figure out why $NKE stock dipped so hard -- I guess they were cashing in to buy every player UT wants.

Just now, TotallyLegit said:

5* WR recruitments like this are why I'm coaching a service academy triple option program in EA College Football 25.

Those offenses really go when you have a legitimate threat at wr to hold the dbs back through the fakes. Irving fryar and Calvin Johnson are examples. 

Posted (edited)

Honestly don't give much of a fuck about losing out on Moore. Will be a great player but isn't going to a team we play and we still have a very good chance to land arguably the best WR haul in program history if we go hard for Lockett and Ffrench now. I'm more pissed about Brown/Charles etc. than I am Moore. We will be fine at WR. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself