Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s Oregon. Fuck this guy. 

Can I ask? My understanding is that Texas adjusts NIL agreements with current team so as to avoid a 2022 TAMU situation, where entrenched starters find out that raw freshmen are compensated higher? Is that close to how we work?

Are Oregon and tOSU doing the same? If Oregon is resetting markets, are they catching their roster up, too?

Just now, statsman said:

Can I ask? My understanding is that Texas adjusts NIL agreements with current team so as to avoid a 2022 TAMU situation, where entrenched starters find out that raw freshmen are compensated higher? Is that close to how we work?

Are Oregon and tOSU doing the same? If Oregon is resetting markets, are they catching their roster up, too?

Yes. 

Obviously it sucks, I said after watching the 7-on-7 that if we could only get one WR I'd take Ffrench over DK.

I still maintain that opinion, and hope Texas gives Ffrench whatever he wants.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Spoken boldly by a non burnt end, non tree fiddy clown.   

What if I told you Texas offered more money and the kid still chose Oregon? 

That would be insanely hard to stomach based on how much we've heard the staff prioritized him. Fuck.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

In what way? Because he didn't take more money just to go to a place he didn't want to be at?

And that we shot the best shot. Some kids are going to make weird choices. But it wasn’t because we got stingy, and it wasn’t because the offense doesn’t produce, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

And that we shot the best shot. Some kids are going to make weird choices. But it wasn’t because we got stingy, and it wasn’t because the offense doesn’t produce, etc. 

18 year olds gonna 18 year old

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

I am still perplexed at how a sub 6’ WR like Moore is the supposed #1 WR. He may struggle against the taller CBs in the SEC. Too many ??? to give him the top recruit distinction unless this class of WRs is just that weak 

Have you been living under a rock? Tall wide receivers are so 10 years ago.

Wish him well. But I hope we totally cut ties with him and go all in on something other than fucking wide receivers. Focus on the lines, lb and db. We can get wr in the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 3