Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

6 minutes ago, Fug said:

I’m shorting Nike

The real Death Star emerges... damn this chart is fucking ugly. I could enter a short early next week. Let's take it to zero!

In the next few years, when you see Oregon win a national championship in football, if that is upsetting to you, it just goes to show your priorities are all wrong.

The resident geniuses insist we have the better long-term NIL program. That is what really matters.

• Fuck You 10

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Have you been living under a rock? Tall wide receivers are so 10 years ago.

If AD Mitchell weren’t as tall as he was, Quinn would have had more incompletions last season. We’re going to miss having a tall WR on the roster like him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I am still perplexed at how a sub 6’ WR like Moore is the supposed #1 WR. He may struggle against the taller CBs in the SEC. Too many ??? to give him the top recruit distinction unless this class of WRs is just that weak 

Waddle was like 5’9 and didn’t struggle vs SEC corners lol. In fact he burned UGAs corners for touchdowns multiple times 

Posted (edited)

I think I’m more aggravated at the time/ resource management by the staff more than anything.

Sark spends a disproportionate amount of his recruiting time on WRs (probably to the detriment of other positions) and then missed on his top WR target anyways. And not once, but twice. 

It’s time to move the fuck on, take that money you had earmarked for him and put it towards DTs or something.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Hook 'Em 4

What do we all need to donate so that our coaches don’t look this stupid again so that we go all in on a player like Dakorien Moore and get left holding our dicks? 1K a year? 2K a year? I guess I’ve been poor donating .1% of my 200k salary to football, but I’ll be damned if we’re gonna look this weak on the recruiting trail going forward. See y’all in Ann Arbor.

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If AD Mitchell weren’t as tall as he was, Quinn would have had more incompletions last season. We’re going to miss having a tall WR on the roster like him. 

What does AD Mitchell and our Roster have to do with Moore being the best receiver in the country?

4 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

Wish him well. But I hope we totally cut ties with him and go all in on something other than fucking wide receivers. Focus on the lines, lb and db. We can get wr in the portal. 

Sark going completely away from WR? 

Your wife has a better chance of getting you to exercise and lose 100 lbs than that happening. 

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

I think I’m more aggravated at the time/ resource management by the staff more than anything.

Sark spends a disproportionate amount of his recruiting time on WRs (probably to the detriment of other positions) and then missed on his top WR target anyways. And not once, but twice. 

It’s time to move the fuck on, take that money you had earmarked for him and put it towards DTs or something.

He's not signing today

I think I’m aggravated at your choice of post format
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Ryan Wingo 6'2" and can take the CB deep 

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

It's a long way til signing day, for sure. Come December we'll be just fine, with or without him. 

Well yes, especially with receivers which Sark will get great ones, but saying this when the person commits elsewhere is way too aggie for us to be doing. 

4 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

In the next few years, when you see Oregon win a national championship in football, if that is upsetting to you, it just goes to show your priorities are all wrong.

The resident geniuses insist we have the better long-term NIL program. That is what really matters.

Nobody has ever said we are better than Oregon. The opposite, actually.  They have a guy that has billions, is near death, and desperately wants to see his Alma mater win a football championship. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Simmons isn't convinced. Anyway happy 4th fellas. Go get drunk and don't blow a finger off.

He just put on an hour-long boring ass production with 30 family and friends at his house then shot off green fireworks.  I would doubt he would have the balls to flip after that.

5 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

They ain't ever winning a national championship, so I have no fucking worries at all. This is going to blow up in their faces just like it did at aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I am still perplexed at how a sub 6’ WR like Moore is the supposed #1 WR. He may struggle against the taller CBs in the SEC. Too many ??? to give him the top recruit distinction unless this class of WRs is just that weak 

Tom Herman handle confirmed   

Just now, Hermanator said:

Ryan Wingo 6'2" and can take the CB deep 

We better hope Quinn spent his whole offseason working on his deep ball, because it hasn’t been a particular strength of his.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Spoken boldly by a non burnt end, non tree fiddy clown.   

What if I told you Texas offered more money and the kid still chose Oregon? 

I’d say wow and the kid probably just made an insanely dumb decision. Thats fascinating. 

6 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Sounds like Bruh Man

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nobody has ever said we are better than Oregon. The opposite, actually.  They have a guy that has billions, is near death, and desperately wants to see his Alma mater win a football championship. 

I didn't realize he was 86

5 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

What do we all need to donate so that our coaches don’t look this stupid again so that we go all in on a player like Dakorien Moore and get left holding our dicks? 1K a year? 2K a year? I guess I’ve been poor donating .1% of my 200k salary to football, but I’ll be damned if we’re gonna look this weak on the recruiting trail going forward. See y’all in Ann Arbor.

Hold on- did you just brag about making a $200 donation?  

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

They ain't ever winning a national championship, so I have no fucking worries at all. This is going to blow up in their faces just like it did at aggy.

Was about to say this, Oregon isn’t winning shit especially having to play in the Midwest in November and December 

6 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Just keep winning. 

Also related, it's not so much you (although upping your donation wouldn't hurt) as it is these fuckers in this very thread bashing our NIL and haven't done a damn thing to help. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

What are you trying to convey here?

• Hook 'Em 1

I cannot bring myself to be upset over a wide receiver. We can sign one or more of the large number of proven wide receivers in the transfer portal any offseason if we feel like it. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1