Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

2 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

He’s going to love those Big 10 games in November. Good luck. Kid seems like a head case.  He will fit in well in Eugene 

He probably will, it's nice in November.

NKE is already on its ass and hitting 5 year lows. Getting destroyed by ONON and Hoka in running and LULU in apparel. They had success in retro footwear but that is quickly wearing off.

Dakorien Moore will be working at Fred Meyer in 4 yrs

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What if I told you Texas offered more money and the kid still chose Oregon? 

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Werid. I find it comforting. 

If we did offer more, and he still chose Oregon, yeah, there’s aspects of that that would make me feel better.

- I remember reading (may have been quotes from Moore) that no staff did a better job than Oregon’s.  It happens, as long as it doesn’t happen too often.  (I don’t think that was the case with the other recruitments we lost to them.)  And there may be things Sark learns from the experience.

- Or, more likely - given all of  strengths we bring to bear in a recruitment of a receiver (Sark/offense/Arch/NIL, etc.), this guy may simply have wanted to go far away and do his own thing.

Either way, get Ff and Lockett, and we’ll have a pretty insane WR position group.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's gonna suck for him when Oregon shits the bed this year, and we're in the playoffs, and he calls Sark and says he wants to flip and Sark says sorry we're full. Choices and consequences. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I have not followed this recruitment that closely, but based off what CTJ and SydneyCarton are saying this isn't a money decision. And our staff and QB room makes more sense for Moore as well. 

Seems like the kid decided he wants to get away and do his own thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I cannot bring myself to be upset over a wide receiver. We can sign one or more of the large number of proven wide receivers in the transfer portal any offseason if we feel like it. 

This is the correct answer

8 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Just keep winning. 

Also related, it's not so much you (although upping your donation wouldn't hurt) as it is these fuckers in this very thread bashing our NIL and haven't done a damn thing to help. 

I want to help and I want us to win. Too much than is probably healthy. Just trying to figure out what our sweet spot is in all of us that GAF so that our program isn’t pantsed like this multiple times over.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

It's gonna suck for him when Oregon shits the bed this year, and we're in the playoffs, and he calls Sark and says he wants to flip and Sark says sorry we're full. Choices and consequences. 

I want to shit on Oregon too, but they’ve bought themselves a couple of very strong classes. There’s a reason Ohio State and Oregon are seen as co-favorites in the B1G. I’ll be pleasantly shocked if Oregon misses the playoffs these next couple of years 

Edited by perfectchaos007

Honestly, WR is the least of our concerns.  We’re going to pull very high end portal players every year and we’ve got a stacked room.  Maybe we can use that Moore NIL money to get players at positions of need.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Sock Monkey said:

Welp. Now that the 15 star trifecta ain’t happening, who do we shift our focus to for a third receiver? Kelshaun Johnson? Tanook Hines?

Kelshaun Johnson is committing to aggy in a couple days.  Sark went all in on Moore and Kelshaun took a back seat.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

To our insider friends...any chance we see movement in the recruiting department based on this disturbing trend over the last few weeks? 

They aren’t firing people in July after a few decisions don’t go our way. Come on.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Kelshaun Johnson is committing to aggy in a couple days.  Sark went all in on Moore and Kelshaun took a back seat.

Not sure he took a back seat.  I imagine like the rest of us, Johnson probably thought Moore would end up at Texas.  Maybe this makes him rethink his opportunities at Texas as far as depth chart and playing time.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

They aren’t firing people in July after a few decisions don’t go our way. Come on.

Sure, long way to go and I have no desire to overreact to a bad month. But it was an area of concern heading into this recruiting season with the recent shakeups. 

14 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

NKE is already on its ass and hitting 5 year lows. Getting destroyed by ONON and Hoka in running and LULU in apparel. They had success in retro footwear but that is quickly wearing off.

Dakorien Moore will be working at Fred Meyer in 4 yrs

And my Air Jordans are uncomfortable and hurt my feet.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Owens having to watch that entire announcement 

Will say after tuning in, that was some of the biggest blowhard shit I've heard from anybody.

At one point he stopped everything to say, let's get some people up here so they can say what they like about me.  When no one jumped up, he repeated y'all come up and talk about me.

• Haha 1

Just for the record, a couple weeks back I mentioned that having the entire family nearby isn't quite the ace in the hole some seem to want it to be and got somewhat attacked for it. Some kids want to break free from all that and do their own thing. Case in point: Arch not seriously considering Ole Miss or Tennessee...or LSU where the entire fam would be within spitting distance.

• Like 1

I've resigned myself for weeks that we're losing Brown. What else can we do? Our recruiting is fucking worse than aggy right now, and that's not an exaggeration. Our defensive recruiting is abysmal, and that's putting it lightly. Fucking Sark hanging on to Joseph and Gideon. Losing Choate has really hurt. 

Nansen is great, but until he lands a recruit that's not in the portal he's meh. Baker is in an unfortunate situation, which isn't his fault. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

So are the OTF HI’s for Texas or other schools?

"Hi" is a standard greeting. "Bye" is what our recruits say afterwards, however.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

In what way? Because he didn't take more money just to go to a place he didn't want to be at?

Because the NIL didn't pussy out, went the extra mile, which shows that they are flexible and not one note fools.  The Longhorn NIL will continue to be operated in a sensible, sustainable fashion.

What could Vogel possibly be alluding to? Besides Harris being supposedly mediocre to bad at his job, what kind of toxicity could we be facing right now? Should have lots of momentum. Something is off. Is Sark drinking again maybe? Just throwing something out there that would sour a lot of relationships pretty quickly.

• Fuck You 14

25 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

It's gonna suck for him when Oregon shits the bed this year 

If they beat Ohio State at home & Michigan on the road, they are likely going undefeated into the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, cb866 said:

What could Vogel possibly be alluding to? 

The truth. And that gets you negged around here. 

• Like 1

Just now, cb866 said:

What could Vogel possibly be alluding to? Besides Harris being supposedly mediocre to bad at his job, what kind of toxicity could we be facing right now? Should have lots of momentum. Something is off. Is Sark drinking again maybe? Just throwing something out there that would sour a lot of relationships pretty quickly.

Oh No Oops GIF by MLB

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Get Ffrench and Lockett and my pussy will feel better. Missing on Moore sucks, but it's gonna suck worse for him when he's being thrown to by Dante Moore or Austin Novosad. 

Those 2 like Texas but they don't commit till August which kinda sucks because a whole lot can change and after tonight I ain't holding my breath.

That said, I think Texas did everything they could to land Moore(NIL, going to playoffs, etc). This just came down to him want to get away from everything. So I guess it's unfortunate for us that he already lives in Texas?

But yeah just hope we can Lockett it up with Ffrench. Use the NIL that we were gonna give Moore on a DL or anywhere on defense. It's still early but at this rate, the class isn't going the way I thought it'd be. Hello Portal!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Those 2 like Texas but they don't commit till August which kinda sucks because a whole lot can change and after tonight I ain't holding my breath.

That said, I think Texas did everything they could to land Moore(NIL, going to playoffs, etc). This just came down to him want to get away from everything. So I guess it's unfortunate for us that he already lives in Texas?

But yeah just hope we can Lockett it up with Ffrench. Use the NIL that we were gonna give Moore on a DL or anywhere on defense. It's still early but at this rate, the class isn't going the way I thought it'd be. Hello Portal!

Everything you said I 100% agree with. Gotta land Ffrench and Lockett, hope for some late flips for DL, and hello portal (again). And yeah, I figured our move to the SEC would pay bigger dividends, but so far we're not looking so great. I do hold out hope that we can get it turned around with A) a great season, and B) Sark using dark magic to conjure up something. We should land Townsend in a week or so, but I can't get hyped at the moment. What CJ said about how recruiting is going makes me think Bobby and Gerry have even more bad news for us. 

• Hook 'Em 1