Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Just for the record, a couple weeks back I mentioned that having the entire family nearby isn't quite the ace in the hole some seem to want it to be and got somewhat attacked for it. Some kids want to break free from all that and do their own thing. Case in point: Arch not seriously considering Ole Miss or Tennessee...or LSU where the entire fam would be within spitting distance.

FaceTime and a 3 hr flight….no big deal.

• Hook 'Em 1

This mess started way back there. Phil Knight let Auburn buy Cam Newton for a mere $180K and then knock his Ducks out of the title. For pocket change (by Phil's standards), Oregon could have been high bidder for the QB and won that title, letting Phil die happy instead of now complicating our recruiting. What was he thinking? 

1 minute ago, cdain3 said:

From what I'm hearing, BHarris is a fucking idiot. Smh

Whether true or not, wtf does a college GM even do? Send film to the coaches? He's not making decisions about personnel or NIL allocation.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Nsiap

nahlin. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.c769235f7184f76fd527374e9789e533.png

So if Nahlin is to be believed (and we all know he usually isn't), it sounds like the kid pulled an Evan Stewart. If so, I'll enjoy rooting for him to have the same kind of career Stewart has had. We'll be fine at WR either way

• Like 4

Look I get the disappointment in losing a high school five star can't miss prospect.  But I can't see losing any sleep over a WR.  We are still in the running of several other elite WR prospects from high school.  We also have the backstop of elite WR's transferring to Texas now two years in a row.  We have elite QB play and a pass happy head coach.  If one elite  can't miss five-star high school kid chooses to go elsewhere, who cares?  

That being said, fuck Oregon and Phil Knight.  The reason NFL owners created salary caps is because there is always that one owner that is going to try and break the bank to win.  I prefer when we are that owner as opposed to the one who is used to increase the price for the other stupid ass owner.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

So you’re saying Phil Knight is

image.jpeg.a5ef2083fdd830484aabde0c793808ee.jpeg

As unpleasant as it is to have Phil regularly flashing his debit card for Oregon, imagine how sick we'd all be if Jerry were doing the same for Arkansas. We actually are going to be playing those troglodytes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Not really. It sucks. The other problem there and notre dame is girls. 

You don’t think Oregon has hot girls?  They get a lot of the girls from California who couldn’t get into the UC schools.  Probably better ratio than us as they aren’t an academic school. 

image.thumb.png.541f9aab1b3ad388974be0c223f492ea.png

Edited by closetohumping

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You don’t think Oregon has hot girls?

I’m about to neg anyone who mentions trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting' drunk - that’s not why kids choose schools.

Guess someone didn’t get the memo we’re SEC.

Quick clif note version of boards next few weeks.

5 * WR would be nice but it’s the big human misses that will hurt the team. WR can be found via portal year over year.  Besides Sark going to recruit to the whistle!!!

meh focus on going cfp again and the cruits will follow.  It’s not like we haven’t had top 5 classes and will likely still have one for 25.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

No that wasn’t the intent. Just asking what percentage we all need to donate.

In my opinion if you are serious about being a fan you ought to donate as much as you spend on tickets and merch. 
if you can’t do both donate. Better to watch an awesome team on TV than a shitty one live. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Whats the scuttlebutt with B Harris? I must have missed 60 minutes

In over his head, not as good as Glasscock was, job is too big for him.

• Hook 'Em 4

"Dekorien Moore's mom texted Gerry Hamilton this morning and said it was a not money decision, Dakorien felt like it was a better overall situation at Oregon"- Bobby on OTF

Obviously, I wouldn't expect a mother to come out and say it was all about bags, but part of me wonders if the entire family hoping it would be Texas, actually pushed Moore away and made him want to get away from home.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

That Nahlin piece read like a texags “relax everything is ok in Berlin” to all the troops.

I hate to defend Nahlin, but I think what he said is on point. Texas is "leading" for 2 5 star WRs (whatever that is worth). They have recruited well at WR, so this is not a position of need. WR is the most plentiful position in the portal. If this came down to not wanting to go over 7 figures, than it makes sense. People need to start taking an NFL cap mindset. It is about what is the best use of your available capital. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

"Dekorien Moore's mom texted Gerry Hamilton this morning and said it was a not money decision, Dakorien felt like it was a better overall situation at Oregon"- Bobby on OTF

Obviously, I wouldn't expect a mother to come out and say it was all about bags, but part of me wonders if the entire family hoping it would be Texas, actually pushed Moore away and made him want to get away from home.

There's likely something to this. I was no coveted athlete, but at 17 I really resented people telling me where to go to college. I ended up at Texas, because that's where I wanted to be. It was my choice...not the same destination as Moore, but obviously the same principle.

I also can appreciate the "freedom" that comes from being so far from family, as I moved 1,000 miles from home for my career. And that was without having social media for staying in touch. The world is now smaller than ever, and especially so for someone whose travel whims will be eagerly accommodated by an army of enablers.

• Hook 'Em 1

When somebody says it's not about the money, you can bet your ass it's about the money.

We're still a Nike school, right? I can't imagine it sits well with anyone in our program that the largest shareholder and founder of one of our corporate partners is actively undermining our recruiting efforts. This obviously isn't limited to Texas. It's a huge conflict of interest. I'm surprised more isn't made of it around the sport.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2