Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

18 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Wtf are you thread Nazis on about? If you don’t like the thread don’t fucking read it. If you want a thread with analysis on the commit, start one and name it something different. 

And stop gumming up this thread with your whiny ass complaints. 

Jesus fucking Christ… 

Let me guess, you’re a regular contributor of bouncing tit gifs on a HS football commit thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry has said Townsend is open to playing defense(LB) if need be as well. Just a straight up football player 

Barring injury, Townsend I think will end up being a better TE than Sanders and will be drafted much higher. The guy is a big, athletic freak who doesn't mind blocking.

Putting this here instead of in the player's commitment thread in an effort to adhere to precedent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I still can't believe that we dedicate entire separate threads to recent commits, and don't talk about them at all in there. Just post the same random pictures over and over. 

When people complain about fixable shit in my home or office they usually get voluntold to fix it. Feel free to be the change you want to see in the world. 

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

You forgot Matt McConaughey and the Bollywood dance meme, among other standards. But the boobs usually make it bearable for a second or two.

Visor girl is love, visor girl is life. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I still can't believe that we dedicate entire separate threads to recent commits, and don't talk about them at all in there. Just post the same random pictures over and over. 

Well believe it buddy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Question for those who know more about NIL than I do, which is every one of you.  Is this remotely accurate?  I assume it's mostly fairy tale, so I'll just post the first 5 teams.  (Allegedly from Nov 2023):

P5 NIL Team Rankings (from on3😞
1 - Texas $19.9 mil
2 - Alabama $16 mil
3 - tOSU 13.6 mil
4 - USC 13.5 mil
5 - Georgia 13.4 mil

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Question for those who know more about NIL than I do, which is every one of you.  Is this remotely accurate?  I assume it's mostly fairy tale, so I'll just post the first 5 teams.  (Allegedly from Nov 2023):

1 - Texas $19.9 mil
2 - Alabama $16 mil
3 - tOSU 13.6 mil
4 - USC 13.5 mil
5 - Georgia 13.4 mil

Some of it is accurate. The Alabama number is deceiving and also wrong. They’re basing that on corporate NIL assumptions that were driven by a prior period and not 2023. Bama is poor and unless they have a Heisman QB, they’re not within $8M of that number. 

The Ohio State number is grossly understated. 

• Hook 'Em 8

32 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

When people complain about fixable shit in my home or office they usually get voluntold to fix it. Feel free to be the change you want to see in the world. 

Visor girl is love, visor girl is life. 

Visor girl will never get old. But in fairness to Red Five, the threads used to be a better mix of information and beautiful women, and Red's comment seemed more wistful regret than complaint -- an observation on a change in the board. IMO, the distinction is important enough to warrant a pass.

I'm speaking as a guy who's been on hiatus from posting for a long time and couldn't find my old password, so reclaimed a user name that I started using several boards back. I'll also say that the quality and range of the babe pictures never takes a step backward.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

1 - Texas $19.9 mil
2 - Alabama $16 mil
3 - tOSU 13.6 mil
4 - USC 13.5 mil
5 - Georgia 13.4 mil

Is this just the sum of the NIL value they assign players?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Helobious said:

I didn’t know he was JT Sanders size. Seems modern TE’s are more in the 6’5 or 6’6 range. But I’ve always said if you can play you can play, sounds like a solid get. 

The average TE drafted in the first 3 rounds is 6'4" 255

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is this just the sum of the NIL value they assign players?

Allegedly, but there was an argument as to whether they were actual numbers or $9.95 "valuations".  I assume the latter.

I was just digging around trying to figure out where we stood in the football NIL landscape, and this thread made me stop looking, because it seemed pretty clear nobody knew what the fuck they were talking about.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Lockett and Ffrench is an excellent class. Moore and Ffrench is an excellent class. I think we were always getting 2 or the 3. Let's close those 2 and move on.

• Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Some of it is accurate. The Alabama number is deceiving and also wrong. They’re basing that on corporate NIL assumptions that were driven by a prior period and not 2023. Bama is poor and unless they have a Heisman QB, they’re not within $8M of that number. 

I remember last week Bobby from OTF said the NIL number for Texas being $20mil was inaccurate and that it’s actually more than that 

Edited by JohnnyTapia

19 minutes ago, JohnnyTapia said:

I remember last week Bobby from OTF said the NIL number for Texas being $20mil was inaccurate and that it’s actually more than that 

That must include corporate NIL. No way the collective is spending more than $20m/season on just football. Who knows, maybe I’m wrong, but that seems like an outlier. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JohnnyTapia said:

I heard that and I believe the question was phrased as the Texas One Fund having $20 million in the coffers or at least that’s how Bobby interpreted it and said “way more than that”. I think the person asking the question was referencing the annual football payroll, but didn’t phrase it that precisely. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hornmatic said:

I heard that and I believe the question was phrased as the Texas One Fund having $20 million in the coffers or at least that’s how Bobby interpreted it and said “way more than that”. I think the person asking the question was referencing the annual football payroll, but didn’t phrase it that precisely. 

That would make much more sense. Thank you for the explanation. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That considered, there is always a need for more, across all sports, but things continue to be headed in the right direction on a cycle by cycle basis. 

Are y'all having to do donation drives annually or is there enough money in the system to only spend interest and be self sustaining? Who is controlling the money and the goals and direction - Is there a CEO, a team of fund raisers, an accountant? Is it all done out of Houston - Is the Houston Texas Exes organization helping?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Are y'all having to do donation drives annually or is there enough money in the system to only spend interest and be self sustaining? Who is controlling the money and the goals and direction - Is there a CEO, a team of fund raisers, an accountant? Is it all done out of Houston - Is the Houston Texas Exes organization helping?

Basically what I am asking is if there is a whole organization set up at this point.

Posted (edited)

Louisiana CB Aidan Anding mulling over two programs, additional visit on deck

Hank South (Horns 247)

Key notes:

"Well, really it's between Texas and Arkansas," Anding told Horns247. "I just want to see what LSU has to offer."

The visit to LSU will be the only trip Anding takes before making up his mind.

"Before the football seasons starts I'm going to have my decision made up," he said.

Spoiler

Hank South (Horns 247)

Three-star cornerback Aidan Anding will travel down US-167 to Baton Rouge next week for LSU's Bayou Splash recruiting event. This on the heels of the Tigers offering Anding earlier this month. The Ruston (La.) product had been set to announce a commitment before the new wrinkle in his recruitment.

Brian Kelly and staff, however, are playing from behind.

"Well, really it's between Texas and Arkansas," Anding told Horns247. "I just want to see what LSU has to offer."

Texas joined the fold for Anding earlier this spring and has turned the heat up on the 5-foot-11, 165-pounder, hosting him twice in the last three months.

"They're looking forward to me coming there and stuff, and the expectations they have for me," Anding said of what the latest recruiting pitch from the UT staff is.

"Before the football seasons starts I'm going to have my decision made up," he said.

With the Longhorns and Razorbacks leading the way in his recruitment, what is it about Texas that holds the program on an upper echelon in his mind?

"The things I can accomplish in Texas, the resources there, the stuff Texas can help me with after football and stuff," Anding replied.

The Bayou State product is ranked the No. 38 cornerback in the 2025 class, per 247Sports.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball favors LSU at this point in time, but Texas is still represented as well.

(I'm a little concerned about his trip to LSU, because

- his last name is pronounced andouille

he wants to visit LSU and see practices because "he wants to see how the sausage is made"

The above may or may not be fabrications ... but I'm concerned.)

Edited by Getafix
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Gerry just posted a Hi, and Johnson announces in a few hours. Gerry said this morning that Sarkisian and Jackson have been in deep conversations with Johnson and his mom over the last week. Maybe, losing Moore was the wake up call he needed.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 8

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Gerry just posted a Hi, and Johnson announces in later today. Gerry said this morning that Sarkisian and Jackson have been in deep conversations with Johnson and his mom over the last week. Maybe, losing Moore was the wake up call he needed.

God bless Beryl?

Ffffrancais, Lockett, Johnson would still be a great haul. Knowing this staff, they'll find a way to locate a 4th receiver, probably Parker Livingstone's brother or something.

I'm really curious what happens with last year's four-some at WR + Niblett. We know Wingo is very likely a high performing absolute stud. But what happens with the others? Seems like they took some lotto tickets, which could be fun. Butler got some nice reps in the Spring Game if I remember? Everyone seems pretty high on him being a contributor down the road.

1 minute ago, cb866 said:

Ffffrancais, Lockett, Johnson would still be a great haul. Knowing this staff, they'll find a way to locate a 4th receiver, probably Parker Livingstone's brother or something.

I'm really curious what happens with last year's four-some at WR + Niblett. We know Wingo is very likely a high performing absolute stud. But what happens with the others? Seems like they took some lotto tickets, which could be fun. Butler got some nice reps in the Spring Game if I remember? Everyone seems pretty high on him being a contributor down the road.

I think if they lock up the 3 you mentioned we may not see much portal WR action but who knows with Sark

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Competition isn't a bad thing. It's a sign of a healthy program. The best guys will play, the others will leave.

Hopefully we can start blowing more teams out and get these guys some reps to see who shines. That'll be fun. Remember when we'd see Johnny Brooks break out during his limited reps? Just knew that guy was going to do well when he got his shot. Same with Bijan during The Herman Year, even though we all knew he was going to be good, of course.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think if they lock up the 3 you mentioned we may not see much portal WR action but who knows with Sark

I think the portal action would be determined on Bolden and Golden returning for their final season and how much Moore, Cook, and Wingo show as full time rotational players.

18 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks.  So, we're probably competitive at the top, but tOSU might be above us?

And . . . Oregon.

So if we are spending $19 million on players. That means that we are only spending $10 million more than A&M is spending annually on their past coach...

See!  There is a way to bring a smile into the Summer doldrums...

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Based on reports since he's been on campus I don't expect Wingo to be a rotational guy by the end of the season.

He could have a freshman year like X if we give him the chance. 

12 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

He could have a freshman year like X if we give him the chance. 

Here was the WR room when Worthy  was a freshman: Worthy, Whittington, Marcus Washington, Josh Moore, the Dixon guy from Carthage? And Kai Money.

IMG_6314.thumb.jpeg.5b8843d72fe64b223889f5bcf168bead.jpeg

Way more talented room now. Way better qb play now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Hank South (Horns 247)

Key notes:

Reveal hidden contents

Hank South (Horns 247)

Three-star cornerback Aidan Anding will travel down US-167 to Baton Rouge next week for LSU's Bayou Splash recruiting event. This on the heels of the Tigers offering Anding earlier this month. The Ruston (La.) product had been set to announce a commitment before the new wrinkle in his recruitment.

Texas joined the fold for Anding earlier this spring and has turned the heat up on the 5-foot-11, 165-pounder, hosting him twice in the last three months.

"They're looking forward to me coming there and stuff, and the expectations they have for me," Anding said of what the latest recruiting pitch from the UT staff is.

With the Longhorns and Razorbacks leading the way in his recruitment, what is it about Texas that holds the program on an upper echelon in his mind?

"The things I can accomplish in Texas, the resources there, the stuff Texas can help me with after football and stuff," Anding replied.

The Bayou State product is ranked the No. 38 cornerback in the 2025 class, per 247Sports.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball favors LSU at this point in time, but Texas is still represented as well.

he wants to visit LSU and see practices because "he wants to see how the sausage is made"

The above m/ after hiay or may not be fabrications ... but I'm concerned.)

Not sure why he would be considering Ark so much.  They could easily be making a coaching change during / after his freshman year.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

So if we are spending $19 million on players. That means that we are only spending $10 million more than A&M is spending annually on their past coach...

See!  There is a way to bring a smile into the Summer doldrums...

None of the Texas players have ever won a national championship.

Advantage: A&M

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Based on reports since he's been on campus I don't expect Wingo to be a rotational guy by the end of the season.

Wait what? He was supposedly ready to be a major factor. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

Hank South (Horns 247)

Key notes:

Hide contents

Hank South (Horns 247)

The above may or may not be fabrications ... but I'm concerned.)

It's the freak show aspect.  He wants to see if Kelley can kill another kid during practice.