Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Bama has a proven track record of producing NFL talent, and winning championships, and while Saban is gone, the new coach just took his team to the National Championship game.

I think he'll get a grace period.

I know. I'm refuting Josef Pawg's point.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Horn75 said:

Oh wait, you’re the idiot who applauded the attempted assassination 

Bets? I'll match any money you have. But, to keep your bankroll safe lets keep it at $1000. You can have as much time as you want to find the comment in question - ctj has it quoted but I had changed it from attempted murder to attempted assassination within about 30 seconds of posting. If you don't want to bet, you can apologize right here and  right now.

24 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

He posted in this thread about that shit on Saturday 

Look I get it. You probably felt it wasn't really political to just reference a comment someone else made that you felt was stupid. The inevitable result though is that person defending themselves, other morons getting involved because they can't fucking help themselves and it spiraling into a shit show that inevitably touches on political issues that 99% of us want nowhere near this board. That is why there is a zero tolerance "just shut the fuck up" policy on the recruiting board towards those topics. There has to be. 

Lets all just move the fuck on. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Bets? I'll match any money you have. But, to keep your bankroll safe lets keep it at $1000. You can have as much time as you want to find the comment in question - ctj has it quoted but I had changed it from attempted murder to attempted assassination within about 30 seconds of posting. If you don't want to bet, you can apologize right here and  right now.

21 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Hey, while I agree with the sentiment, my idea is to have @immamac collect the money and put it into the fund under @SydneyCarton's name. That way, everyone is happy.

You refuse to pay to tree fiddy or burnt ends. I’m not sure anyone thinks you have any money. Perhaps this fund suggestion needs to be for you. 

im not sure Witch Doctor pays what it used to…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

You refuse to pay to tree fiddy or burnt ends. I’m not sure anyone thinks you have any money. Perhaps this fund suggestion needs to be for you. 

You are killin' me Smalls. How often do you come to Austin? We'll have to go out - Something like Ranch 616 - I'll buy.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

You are killin' me Smalls. How often do you come to Austin? We'll have to go out - Something like Ranch 616 - I'll buy.

I'm here all the time. Where's my offer? I'm going to be out and about tonight. I want frozen margs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm here all the time. Where's my offer? I'm going to be out and about tonight. I want frozen margs. 

I need some simple IT work and replacement server suggestions - that would be a great trade. I'm a weekend only person but not this weekend. I'll PM you next week.

Just now, Bevo said:

I need some simple IT work and replacement server suggestions - that would be a great trade. I'm a weekend only person but not this weekend. I'll PM you next week.

Deal! Haha 

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Beryl only took my power out for 2 days and sleeping in 80+ degree heat for just 2 nights had me pondering how anyone lived in Texas before the good Lord invented Air-conditioning 

Willis Carrier July 17, 1902 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sir this is a Wednesday 

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fight fight fight 

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Hey, while I agree with the sentiment, my idea is to have @immamac collect the money and put it into the fund under @SydneyCarton's name. That way, everyone is happy.

50 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

How do you go without power for 9 days!?!?! I’d demand a refund. 

33 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’ll settle for a burger and a grape snow cone since you’re being generous

8 minutes ago, Rholl said:

image.gif.d5994837cca3f415d8214f3f4fc6162e.gif

• Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rholl said:

1900 hurricane

1901 spindletop

1902 a/c

= Houston grows into major city,  energy capital. 

And eventual football talent-laden region. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I must say, as of yesterday night I'd been without power for 9 days, including caring for an early onset Father In Law. And catching up on this thread has been almost as painful as that. Almost. A particular, hilarious lowlight just in the last page:

/Man who has spouted dozens of posts the last 2 weeks which consist mostly of titty-whining and ignorant takes complaining about our NIL budget, who also doesn't donate to Tree Fiddy or Burnt Ends while somehow, magically, being a doctor, SWEARS that this time, guys, he is DONE arguing his bad takes over and over again. 

::60 minutes later::

THERE HE IS! Like fucking clockwork if that clock were a spiked and flaming dildo designed specifically to inflict maximum pain on a message board. 

Sorry about your FIL, man. I know that's hard to go through. Had to do that with my grandmother in January of 2023 before she was laid to rest. I hope it gets easier for you and your family. 

I know we have our differences, but still, just wanted to tell you you're a good man for doing your best with him. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Leave him alone.  It's not like he's a nurse.

He'd have to post a copy of his paystub to confirm. That's how you know someone's a nurse and makes $100k a year. 

1 hour ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Look I get it. You probably felt it wasn't really political to just reference a comment someone else made that you felt was stupid. The inevitable result though is that person defending themselves, other morons getting involved because they can't fucking help themselves and it spiraling into a shit show that inevitably touches on political issues that 99% of us want nowhere near this board. That is why there is a zero tolerance "just shut the fuck up" policy on the recruiting board towards those topics. There has to be. 

Lets all just move the fuck on. 

It's like unnecessary roughness. The guy responding always gets the flag. Don't fucking do it. 

Edited by irishtexan
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1900 hurricane

1901 spindletop

1902 a/c

= Houston grows into major city,  energy capital. 

And eventual football talent-laden region. 

Beaumont is NOT "Greater Houston"

Moose upthread should have told you.

Edited by MirrOlure

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought it was a SydneyCarton Generator Fund.

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Beryl only took my power out for 2 days and sleeping in 80+ degree heat for just 2 nights had me pondering how anyone lived in Texas before the good Lord invented Air-conditioning 

I posted this about 5 yrs back:

Frequently, I wish of living in a simpler time.  Less technology, hyperconnection and congestion. In my head, it looks like Lonesome Dove or maybe even Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.  Then, my A/C goes out in the middle of summer and I come to the stark realization that I would not last 3 days in any time probably pre-1970.

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Frequently, I wish of living in a simpler time.  Less technology, hyperconnection and congestion. In my head, it looks like Lonesome Dove or maybe even Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.  Then, my A/C goes out in the middle of summer and I come to the stark realization that I would not last 3 days in any time probably pre-1970.

It isn't easy anywhere. I got back from Montana over the 4th and we had hail and slush on the Beartooth Mountain Pass with low clouds and about 10ft of visibility. On one hike near Red Lodge, it was probably 85 degrees and I was in shorts, we got to a glacier lake and it started snowing hard. 2 college age women in shorts who we met on the way down gave up and turned around with us, 5 minutes later, all the clouds disappeared and it was sunny and 85 again. Anyway, other than coastal California, weather can be a bitch.

17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

it was probably 85 degrees and I was in shorts, we got to a glacier lake and it started snowing hard. 2 college age women in shorts who we met on the way down gave up and turned around with us, 5 minutes later, all the clouds disappeared and it was sunny and 85 again.

That sounds terrible. Glad you made it out.

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sheeeet, I bought a generator in late May or early June. Thanks to city of Houston permitting it might get installed by Q4.

Buy a 10,000Kw portable generator and back feed it into your electrical panel. It'll power most your house. 

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Looks like LSU will pass on Anding after all

Haven't followed his recruitment, but his tape didn't scream 5* to me.  Looked like he was a foot taller than any of the other players on the field... which to me indicates a lower level of competition, so he seems more like a project type player.  

Not dissing the kid, just wondering why he has such a lofty rating.

13 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Looks like LSU will pass on Anding after all

Given the current NIL landscape, commitments like this don’t make any sense to me at all.

LSU has a hell of a class and all we hear is how they have no money.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Given the current NIL landscape, commitments like this don’t make any sense to me at all.

LSU has a hell of a class and all we hear is how they have no money.

LSU threatens people when they run out of funds I believe.