Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Given the current NIL landscape, commitments like this don’t make any sense to me at all.

LSU has a hell of a class and all we hear is how they have no money.

Exactly. We're being fed lies about NIL en masse, even about our program, but especially about programs we hate (LSU being one). However, here it's possible his relationship with Corey Raymond did matter since he's a Florida kid and Raymond just spent some time there.

Edited by cb866
  • Fuck You 14

26 minutes ago, cb866 said:

Exactly. We're being fed lies about NIL en masse, even about our program, but especially about programs we hate (LSU being one). However, here it's possible his relationship with Corey Raymond did matter since he's a Florida kid and Raymond just spent some time there.

Or maybe it's just that Raymond has long been considered one of the top DB coaches in the country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Or maybe it's just that Raymond has long been considered one of the top DB coaches in the country. 

I call bullshit. It's not their position coaches or the NIL that is contributing to their recruiting  success. It's their HC. Coach Kelly is a master closer. Case in point 👇

Edited by UTEE97
  • Haha 1

Listening to Sark today, talking about how deep the WR room is, makes me wonder if we're losing top recruits because that realize they're probably not gonna see the field for 2 years. They wanna play now, and will on other teams.

20 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Listening to Sark today, talking about how deep the WR room is, makes me wonder if we're losing top recruits because that realize they're probably not gonna see the field for 2 years. They wanna play now, and will on other teams.

We lost one recruit that we prioritized. Johnson came in the same weekend as Moore and it wasn't close which prospect got the most attention.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

LSU also has a recent past of conference and national championships along with development that produces annual draft classes nearly as good, or better, than our only good draft in a decade.

They fired the coaches responsible for those championships and development. Meanwhile Texas has the guy who gave them a good draft two years ago, after his second season, a great draft last year, after his third, and what is projected to be another great draft, after his fourth, with three projected first round picks.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

They fired the coaches responsible for those championships and development. Meanwhile Texas has the guy who gave them a good draft two years ago, after his second season, a great draft last year, after his third, and what is projected to be another great draft, after his fourth, with three projected first round picks.

Kelly has a pretty solid resume. Guys like Frank Wilson, Bo Davis, and Corey Raymond have long histories of good work. The one thing that can be frustrating reading this board is this idea that every single recruitment is about NIL (not that you said that). 

Edited by Codaxx

Too good to bury in the 9.95 thread:

https://www.on3.com/teams/oregon-ducks/news/inside-the-mind-of-jhop-cry-harder/

Highlights: 

- Justin Hopkins has given himself the nickname JHop and refers to himself in the third person.

- Spends a couple paragraphs arguing Oregon is really good at recruiting and it’s not all about NIL. And then chases it with NIL chest pumping. 

- Tells everybody to eat shit and deal with it on Uncle Phil buying players. “It’s his money he can do whatever he wants with it. Other schools should go find their own billionaire.”

- Humblebrags Knight could buy every 5 star player, but he’s a nice guy and won’t do that.

- In conclusion, the entire SEC should come fight JHop. 

This guy is a confirmed psycho. While he was with 247, didn’t he call a recruit Oregon wanted while the player was on a Texas official visit and then later posted a half ass apology for it. 

• Haha 9

12 hours ago, cb866 said:

How much have you contributed to Texas NIL?

• Hook 'Em 6

13 hours ago, cb866 said:

2 hours ago, Josef Pwag said:

Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Negged. And I encourage everyone that is and has been contributing to start calling these assholes out. If you don't contribute, keep Texas NIL out yo mouf!

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

How much have you contributed to Texas NIL?

20 minutes ago, Atticus said:

time house GIF

Exactly

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

As it should. It’s like complaining about certain things if you didn’t participate in the mechanism to change them. 

It’s also multiple logical fallacies in one.

Who said anything about complaining? I just said it was confusing to watch programs like LSU put together the class they have based on the current NIL landscape.

Edited by Ghost of Shag

10 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

disagree respectfully.  credit goes to the current staff...Kelly/Flynt/et al. for developing the 6 drafted last year.  ain't no way Orgeron/Moffitt/et al develop Jayden Daniels, Malik Nabors and BTJ into 1st round picks.  JD was picked up in the portal from ASU by Kelly and was coached up by Joe Sloan (as i'm sure you're aware, the difference between year 1 and 2 was profound given his Heisman), and Nabors and BTJ rarely saw the field prior to Kelly and Hankton arriving. 

of the remaining 3, Jordan Jefferson and Mekhi Wingo were also portal additions (UF and Mizzou), with Maason Smith being a freshman with little playing time under his belt when Kelly arrived.  Smith and Jefferson were drafted on potential however...neither showed shit on the field (though in fairness our DL coach had a heart attack during fall camp in 2023 and we were without a true DL coach the remainder of the season, the duties parsed between several analysts who did a shit job under Matt House's guidance), and Wingo was a beast his first year at LSU but stagnated due to the aforementioned lack of a dedicated line coach.   But he'll stick on an NFL roster.

we've got a damn fine staff now who are collectively and individually well-above avg recruiters, and our NIL is solid enough to compete with most anyone.  what we do lack in the NIL is more than made up for by said staff and our recent history of development and getting players to the NFL.  Sloan nabbed Underwood by simply pointing to his work with Daniels ("Imagine what we can turn you into in 3 years instead of 1"), Hankton has a looong history of putting guys in the league when he was a Georgia and now with Nabors and BTJ being first rounders; of course you already know about Bo Davis, and Brad Davis is about as good an OL coach and recruiter as there is in the country, and we'll have 4 OL drafted this year (LT being projected as a top 3 pick and RT a projected first rounder, too).  Frank Wilson and Corey Raymond are Louisiana natives and have a long history at LSU that speaks for itself, both being named national recruiter of the year in the past and have put a lot of guys in the league.

this isn't some ratchet ass, patched together staff...we're solid.  and it's showing in recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

If you’re poor it’s okay, we won’t hold it against you 

What if I was? Am I not able to be a valid fan if I'm not making six figs? Awww does the online critique of NIL for a bunch of 18 year olds hurt your feelings? wahhh wahh wahh. The internet is truly the place of total scumbags who only criticize. What a waste of time.

• Fuck You 32

1 minute ago, cb866 said:

What if I was? Am I not able to be a valid fan if I'm not making six figs? Awww does the online critique of NIL for a bunch of 18 year olds hurt your feelings? wahhh wahh wahh. The internet is truly the place of total scumbags who only criticize. What a waste of time.

No, bitch. It means don't criticize something you won't participate in. It's not that difficult to understand. 

1 minute ago, BigHorn'13 said:

No, bitch. It means don't criticize something you won't participate in. It's not that difficult to understand. 

Unbelievable. I've given more than $100k to this university so fuck off.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 19

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You’re not built for this shit, son. I grew up in modern warfare lobbies. Take your weak shit to TikTok. 

Ok, you got me!

• Fuck You 16

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

You've accused people in the know of "spreading lies" regarding the state of NIL. Got receipts to back that up? Or do you possess an elementary school child's ability to process information and assumed that if we're not hitting on all targets, that the only explanation is that you're being lied to?

So sue me, good god. Y'all taking this way too seriously.

First of, all, with regard to Moore, we've been told for almost 2 years that "he's going to end up at Texas, just wait...shhh just wait..."

Then we got insiders all over the boards (not just here) claiming our NIL is unmatched and that "Sark will get whatever WR he wants" -- all untrue.

I'm just a disappointed fan. I ask a simple question, how true are the claims about our unmatched recruiting system? But then "exceptions" keep popping up every week. Oh we're the best...but tOSU is also the best. Oh but wait Oregon is the best when they want to. Oh wait LSU is poor and bankrupt they can't possibly win "NIL recruitments" and then they do.

• Fuck You 25

18 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Look I get it. You probably felt it wasn't really political to just reference a comment someone else made that you felt was stupid. The inevitable result though is that person defending themselves, other morons getting involved because they can't fucking help themselves and it spiraling into a shit show that inevitably touches on political issues that 99% of us want nowhere near this board. That is why there is a zero tolerance "just shut the fuck up" policy on the recruiting board towards those topics. There has to be. 

Lets all just move the fuck on. 

The common sense of this post is so un-Surly. Sir, are you lost?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

You've accused the folks here - many of whom have spent enough hours of their free time on NIL for it to qualify as a second job - of "spreading lies." And when called on it, your response is "you're taking this way too seriously."

Bold strategy man. 

I didn't realize a free-to-access board about... a frankly weird subculture (that I enjoy and indulge in)... boiled down to a dick-measuring contest. Cool.

• Fuck You 30

Just now, cb866 said:

So sue me, good god. Y'all taking this way too seriously.

First of, all, with regard to Moore, we've been told for almost 2 years that "he's going to end up at Texas, just wait...shhh just wait..."

Then we got insiders all over the boards (not just here) claiming our NIL is unmatched and that "Sark will get whatever WR he wants" -- all untrue.

I'm just a disappointed fan. I ask a simple question, how true are the claims about our unmatched recruiting system? But then "exceptions" keep popping up every week. Oh we're the best...but tOSU is also the best. Oh but wait Oregon is the best when they want to. Oh wait LSU is poor and bankrupt they can't possibly win "NIL recruitments" and then they do.

Imagine that. Recruiting is fluid. 

Bombastic takes get thrown around by lost football boarders and these takes you're referencing are of that brand. There are no certainties in recruiting. No one knew Phil Knight would give Oregon unlimited NIL funds this cycle, and no school's NIL strategy for football will remain constant. With new information, we adapt. 

Your take, however, is a take on bombastic takes and while you're trying to insert nuance, there is none in the source material. Please, either try harder, or

tumblr_ma45qxQetb1rf1esyo1_500.gif

• Hook 'Em 7